Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Victorinox SwissChamp?

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Re: Victorinox SwissChamp?
Reply #30 on: April 17, 2011, 09:14:17 AM
I  just bought both a Swisschamp and a Spirit.  They should be here monday.  I have owned both in the past, as well as a champion plus that I bought from Amazon.  The Champion was great, but if I'm going to carry a fat SAK, it is going in a pouch anyway, and if that is the case I want the pliers that the Swisschamp has.  For every day tasks, I rarely need a plier based MT, but I carry one just because it's second nature.  Honestly, all I really ever need is a good SAK.  The tools contained in most(scissors most of all) handle all my needs.  If I run into anything heavy, I always have a good plier based MT in my bag, and that's never very far from me.

nz Offline KiwiMark

Reply #31 on: April 17, 2011, 01:06:22 PM
I've been carrying my Cybertool 34 for about 10 & 1/2 years - I love that thing.  I agree that pliers can be handy (I think the pliers on my Cybertool are the same and the ones on the SwissChamp) and there are lots of other good tools as well.  I couldn't live without my bit driver though (I'm a computer tech) because it's the tool I use the most, maybe I'll get me a big ol' SwissTool X to handle the big jobs that are beyond my Cybertool's capability.
"Mr. Carl Elsener and his Victorinox brand of knives is the undisputed king of knives in the world today."

- Sal Glesser (Bladeforums - 8 Jan 2011)

au Offline Cyclone82

Reply #32 on: April 17, 2011, 02:20:03 PM
For a SAK with pliers but not as bulky as a swiss champ then i would recommend

the

Craftsman - http://www.sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Craftsman (current model)

or

Handyman - http://www.sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Handyman_Victorinox (same as craftsman but swaps Phillips for corkscrew)

us Offline Randyc1974

Reply #33 on: April 17, 2011, 05:09:01 PM
Last week I received a new SAK Craftsman for my EDC knife. I may not often use all the tools, but it's nice knowing their there if I need them. I don't find the size and weight of this knife to be objectionable at all. I have a couple of teenagers at home, so my regular screwdrivers, pliers, ect. tend to walk off on their own. Probably the best thing about a "full featured" knife/multitool is making repairs around the home on the spot instead of chasing tools down. :climber:

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #34 on: April 17, 2011, 05:56:53 PM
I've been carrying my Cybertool 34 for about 10 & 1/2 years - I love that thing.  ....
----
Signature:
Mr. Karl Elsener and his Victorinox brand of knives is the undisputed king of knives in the world today.

Sal Glesser (Bladeforums - 8 Jan 2011)

Your signature, which I normally never see, got me to check out that thread again.  Nice, and very nice of Sal to make that statement.  I like him more now.

ps... now if only one could suppress animated avatars.... hmmm

Offline sramsay12

Reply #35 on: April 20, 2011, 12:23:46 PM
Just ordered a Swisschamp

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41