Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SwissTool Saw

Offline Travis Autry

SwissTool Saw
on: November 12, 2007, 03:08:35 AM
In recent weeks I've had the opportunity to give the saw on my EDC SwissTool a workout.

I changed jobs this past June.  I am an audio visual technician for a small university these days.  Previously I was the radio station manager for the same school.  As part of the AV gig, we do installations of various systems and equipment.  Recently we were on a couple of installs and my SwissTool came in handy.

The first job required sawing through some drywall.  Naturally the SwissTool saw had no problem with that.  My supervisor was dutifully impressed.  He carries a Leatherman Kick and uses it well, but was unaware of the SwissTool or its saw.

The second job had us using a pvc surface mount box for wires and connectors.  The back needed hole enlarged.  Out comes the SwissTool, bigger becomes the hole.

On the same job we had to relocate a box and needed to shorted some vinyl conduit that was already mounted to the wall.  The other guys were dubious when I took out the saw.  It didn't take long to make believers out of them.  A few quick cuts and the conduit was the right length.  The only down side is that the saw nicked the concrete block wall.  Fortunately, I haven't found any damage on the saw.

From pruning limbs to trimming molding to sheetrock and PVC, the SwissTool saw hasn't balked at any of it.

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: SwissTool Saw
Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 03:11:58 AM
I prefer leatherman saws. I think they cut better and don't fill up as much as on my swisstools, and the teeth go all the way up to the tip. Best of all on the charge/wave models you can use J-sews saws!
B

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 09:09:40 AM
Great story Travis :), There's a few more potential Swiss tool owners out there now I'll bet :)
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 07:44:00 PM
Great stuff Travis . I've never had any complaints about its saw either.

Dunc

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 10:07:10 PM
I think we should ban talking about swisstools until I am in the position to afford one.  >:( :D

I have soooooooo got to get me one!
I'm back!!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 10:31:16 PM
If we stop talking about them then you may forget how badly you need one until it's too late! :P

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 12:33:04 PM
Don't forget to check the banner advertisers who pay to keep this site free for members!  :pok:

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Splat

Reply #8 on: November 13, 2007, 05:59:54 PM
I've used the saws on my LM Core and the Vic Spirit. I can't honestly say one performs better than the other. They both did what I needed them to do. Cut wood. End of story for me.
--
Splat
Splat

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31