Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Surge files

00 Offline Mauvais

• l'âme de lame
Surge files
on: April 14, 2011, 08:04:36 PM
I've never needed my Surge file blade before. Still never used it. But, organizing my bits these days (once I cannot put the two of them in my sheath) I thought I should try to hide my file blade into the Surge itself for whenever I want to use the MT with pocket clip. So far, so good. Two things I dicovered:

1-I cannot hide the file blade into my Surge, because it is too fat to fit with the main blade BUT, I do can fit the wood file with it. Nice and (not so) easy. It stays in place and I do not need to make any mod.  :tu:

2-As my wood file is a bit wobbly in the blade exchanger, I thought  it would fit perfectly into the exchanger. WRONG!  :think:
I noticed that it is HARD to lock it up in there, so much that I started to think that doing that is not a very good idea, so bulky it seems!!! And, I also noticed that the diamond side have a metal burr that will "prevent" me to use it.  :rant:

I guess it comes from the cutting system, that cuts through the wood file and leave burr in the diamond one.  :twak:

Does anyone have this problems (extra-bulky diamnod file and a burred one)??? Any ideas??

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%