Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leatherman Supetool 200 Lock Release!

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Leatherman Supetool 200 Lock Release!
on: November 14, 2007, 02:43:46 AM
I just got back from Marshalls. They have a LM pst for 40.00 and a Supertool 200 for only 35 and the lm knife with bits the h502 for 40.00. So I already have the others so I purchased the Supertool. Even though I already bought one from optics giant. But whatver! Anyways the lock release on the ST 200 on the serrated blade side has a little front to back play in it and I was wondering if they all are like this?
B

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Re: Leatherman Supetool 200 Lock Release!
Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 04:17:50 AM
I just got back from Marshalls. They have a LM pst for 40.00 and a Supertool 200 for only 35 and the lm knife with bits the h502 for 40.00. So I already have the others so I purchased the Supertool. Even though I already bought one from optics giant. But whatver! Anyways the lock release on the ST 200 on the serrated blade side has a little front to back play in it and I was wondering if they all are like this?

Mine has a little play on both sides.

I think it's pretty much normal. My Pulse is the same way.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 04:20:18 AM
Oh ok thank you. BTW when you shake the tool does it like rattle a little bit from it?
B

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 04:21:46 AM
Oh ok thank you. BTW when you shake the tool does it like rattle a little bit from it?

Yep, just a little.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline Biru

Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 03:58:59 PM
Mine rattles on both sides as well. I LOVE Leatherman, but I have to say that the Supertool lock leaves much to be desired. It's nearly as bad as the lock used by Bear/MGC (the lever that sticks out away from the folded tools). I actually like the older ST method better (that is, unfolding one tool to unlock another). When compared to the SOG or Swisstool locks, you really find out how lacking the Leatherman lock is.

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 06:57:41 PM
I used to own a ST200 and the lock levers did rattle . I really liked the tool but wasnt keen on the levers , seemed to be the weak link in a very strong tool .

Dunc

us Offline NeitherExtreme

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
Reply #6 on: November 14, 2007, 08:21:36 PM
My biggest gripe with the design is that they can dig into your hands when you're using the tool. Other than that I think they work great. Ok, it also seems a little tedious for switching quickly between tools and can rub your thumb raw if you use it too much. Personaly, I think the new generation fixes all those problems though. :)

I actually like the older ST method better (that is, unfolding one tool to unlock another).
I agree... I don't have a ST yet, but I think if I get one I'll seach around till I can find an original. I still think the ST 200 lock is neat, but I already have a Pulse. Actually one of the things that I find cool about the ST 200 type lock is how it uses the little "wasted" space in the handles created by rounding the edges. The lanyard ring also uses up one of those empty spaces, so 3 out of 4 empty spaces gets filled. I know that's a little thing, but I think it's neat. :)

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #7 on: November 15, 2007, 01:32:51 AM
I don't have a ST yet, but I think if I get one I'll seach around till I can find an original.

I've got one for sale in the trade forum if you're interested :D

I like the original locking mechanism...the tools lock really tightly and there's no chance you'd trip the release since there isn't one!
[

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD