Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What was your first tool?

Benner · 40 · 3530

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Re: What was your first tool?
Reply #30 on: November 17, 2007, 09:44:47 PM
I always want a saw & a file, but hardly ever use 'em. Trouble is, when you need one of them you need it now  ;)

I was EDCing a Vic. Compact until I found myself walking along worrying about not havig a saw or awl  ??? How crap am I? Still, sorted it by carrying a Pioneer and a Juice CS4  :D
I'm the same, I don't need a saw day to day, but I'm a bushcrafting guy, so I feel naked with out a saw and an awl :-[

So yes I'm a paid up member of the sad club too :D
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

Offline Mike D

Reply #31 on: November 21, 2007, 05:14:36 AM
I always had my trusty Climber with me until I was given my PST in 92 by my ex-wifes dad (still a good friend eventhough the ex is long gone :D) and thought it was the coolest tool idea I had saw in a long time. My next multi was given to me by my current wife (who engraved her name on it, thinking perhaps she would last longer then the last one doing so, and she was right btw :drink:) a Super Tool.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 07:10:19 AM by Mike D »

Offline Fishnuts2

Reply #32 on: November 21, 2007, 05:31:17 AM
My first was a LM original Super Tool.  As an avid motorcyclist, I thought that the PST was the thing to own, but I didn't want to part with the coins.  I showed a PST to my new wife just before Christmas one year and low and behold, a SuperTool was in my stocking!  She doesn't yet know the actual count of my Multitool collection that she started! ;)
W

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #33 on: November 21, 2007, 05:57:03 PM
I always had my trusty Climber with me until I was given my PST in 92 by my ex-wifes dad (still a good friend eventhough the ex is long gone :D) and thought it was the coolest tool idea I had saw in a long time. My next multi was given to me by my current wife (who engraved her name on it, thinking perhaps she would last longer then the last one doing so, and she was right btw :drink:) a Super Tool.

Or maybe she wanted it?  :D
I'm back!!

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #34 on: November 21, 2007, 05:58:02 PM
  She doesn't yet know the actual count of my Multitool collection that she started! ;)
Probably for the best mate.

Mine isn't too fussed yet, but there have been a few comments recently.  :-\
I'm back!!

Offline Tom Munch

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: November 21, 2007, 10:49:08 PM
My first tool was a PST unless you want to count my old Boy Scout knife.  I bought the PST the first time I saw it in the 80's.  I gave one to my brother-in-law & all he said was "Thanks for the leather-working tool."  What an idiot!

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #36 on: November 22, 2007, 12:50:54 AM
It is humorus how some people dont know what you give them until they read the package.  I gave my mom and stepfather a turkey fryer for Christmas one year.  My mom just stared at the package for over a minute and told me thanks for the kettle with a stand. :)

Offline Mike D

Reply #37 on: November 22, 2007, 01:57:25 AM

Or maybe she wanted it?  :D

Naw she got a micra for herself ;)

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #38 on: November 22, 2007, 02:54:40 AM
My first tool was a PST when I was bout 16ish. I beat the snuff out of it and it just keep coming back. I evetually lost it fishing, but then I got an original supertool!
B

us Offline WhichDawg

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #39 on: November 22, 2007, 07:11:21 PM
My first was the Swisstool RS. We were doing research on multi-tools because we wanted to start a B.O.B. and like nobody complained about Swisstool! The spirit was very popular at the time but the RS had a better/bigger knife (Rescue and Survival).

I've never owned a "Tank" before and omg, was it a beast! it's not the easiest to carry but when I need a go to multi-tool that's the one! Don't get me wrong, I like em all, even the cheapies (nice paper weights) and like many of you am working on having them all! but like stated here, your first is special...

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $149.46
PayPal Fees: $8.74
Net Balance: $140.72
Below Goal: $159.28
Site Currency: USD
47%