Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New Leatherman

us Offline Deere Man

New Leatherman
on: April 25, 2011, 09:16:47 PM
Did anyone else catch the post (at least a week ago) on LM's Facebook about the new pocket tool they're working up?  It was a Style CS with pliers instead of the scissors and little scissors instead of the blade.  Being billed as a possible tool to get through airport security.  Looked interesting and I just noticed no one over here had mentioned it (as far as I can tell).   

Just wanted to give a heads-up on a new tool.   :gimme:

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Re: New Leatherman
Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 09:25:50 PM
Oh, it was noticed, but not as a new tool, but a tool they copied from a mod a member here made. Can't find the topic at the moment.

Edit: found one link from past year, but I'm shure I saw it made by someone :think: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,22370.90.html
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 09:36:07 PM by enki_ck »

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 11:14:57 PM
It's amazing how many things show up at Leatherman after someone here has modded it.  The Freestyle was actually made by a member here before Leatherman unveiled it too.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Deere Man

Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 04:13:57 AM
I guess it just goes to show that they're watching, and that they'll give the comsumer what they want.  It would be nice it they gave a little credit to the designer, if they pull an idea off the web.  Then again, I'm sure Leatherman has some smart engineers, they may think of this stuff in the design phase, before we even see the tools.  Nice to see new stuff coming out either way. 

Offline maximus0723

Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 05:24:58 AM
I guess it just goes to show that they're watching, and that they'll give the comsumer what they want.  It would be nice it they gave a little credit to the designer, if they pull an idea off the web.  Then again, I'm sure Leatherman has some smart engineers, they may think of this stuff in the design phase, before we even see the tools.  Nice to see new stuff coming out either way.
Bingo. This is what I want from Leatherman.

Now, just maybe, just maybe, they can figure out a way to put that awl in Wave/Charge series.

Offline chris777

Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 06:23:05 AM
Not sure about the ST 3oo awl width, but I dont understand why they kept the flat driver when they included a reversible bit driver with nearly the same size flat bit.

not to mention the eyeglass driver. sure once in a blue  moon I could be the hero of the day and fix gradmas glasses for her , but its a niche tool, with a very specific and flimsy purpose, I would rather them had made a large bit that tapered off than waste the space on that one bit.

but this thread basically tells me to make the tool I want and then they wil produce it.

us Offline ari6126

• No Life Club
  • Colors!
Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 03:14:15 AM
Not sure about the ST 3oo awl width, but I dont understand why they kept the flat driver when they included a reversible bit driver with nearly the same size flat bit.

not to mention the eyeglass driver. sure once in a blue  moon I could be the hero of the day and fix gradmas glasses for her , but its a niche tool, with a very specific and flimsy purpose, I would rather them had made a large bit that tapered off than waste the space on that one bit.

but this thread basically tells me to make the tool I want and then they wil produce it.

The large flathead also for use as a prybar. The bits (even the largest one) aren't really ideal to pry with.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68
Below Goal: $265.32
Site Currency: USD
 12%