Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Orange Cadet. Had never seen this color.

edursr · 45 · 7620

us Offline Tyler_

Re: Orange Cadet. Had never seen this color.
Reply #30 on: May 08, 2011, 02:00:10 AM
So this is a new Cadet color?  Someone should update SAK wiki.  I've never done it before.  Glad I got one of them the other day at SO before they were gone.  15 bucks is a hell of a lot better than $90 on ebay

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #31 on: May 08, 2011, 02:18:41 AM
Hmmm..... head-smack    I think you are right.   Sorry about that....   :salute:

Don`t worry...that`s because... I have internet in my cave...   :twak:   :o :D :D

are those the ones you bought from Swissoutpost? the price you paid was really good! :ahhh

wish I had paid that for mine...

We're sure lucky you're cave is equiped with what's hip. I was ready to let it go until you nicely spotted that number on the box...  Thanks for waking me up.  I connected it with the thread on SOSAK where Orange Cadets were spotted a couple weeks ago at the Outpost, and sure enough there was a close enough match in the numbers that I got pretty excited.  They got more in stock, but by the time it took me to complete checkout, they were out of stock... so there was obviously a few people watching them.  A couple forum members tried to alert me to the stock, but I had not logged in for a few days.  Luckily I was already on the case.

I emailed them and they told be they were the same as the 53046.... but since I know a little about the SABI numbers I was not convinced.... fortunately I asked when they might get more stock and they said "TODAY!".  I was in the right place at the right time. 

The website showed the Model as 50048, the precise packaging shipped was 53048 as shown in the picture.  They had SUPER fast shipping, I never expected them to arrive today. 

I'm still curious as to why SwissOutpost seems to be the only source for these even though they have a North American model number.  I'm wondering if they were made for a dealer in Canada, or another one in the US that were were not aware of (seems strange), until they started being cleared out.  According to two different sources this model is discontinued... but we'll see if anymore arrive at the Outpost, I know at least 1 forum member has asked them about further shipments, but right now I don't know the status of that.  They never said so, but maybe these were made for SO by request.

It's been a pretty good week for the SAK collection. 

So this is a new Cadet color?  Someone should update SAK wiki.  I've never done it before.  Glad I got one of them the other day at SO before they were gone.  15 bucks is a hell of a lot better than $90 on ebay

Did you check? .... ha ha.... that was done hours ago.  :)

us Offline Tyler_

Reply #32 on: May 08, 2011, 02:43:36 AM

lol I didn't even check wiki.  Very nice  :tu:
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 02:46:33 AM by Tyler_ »

us Offline felinevet

• Banner Member
  • No Life Club
Reply #33 on: May 08, 2011, 08:32:52 AM
I checked with my Victorinox rep and he doesn't know about it. I am having him check.
T

nl Offline jan.

Reply #34 on: May 08, 2011, 08:30:39 PM
Swissbianco writes this at messerforum.net (German)

"Moreover, there are now more colorful cadet, the orange version is probably the beginning, all in turn produced only for the U.S. market, they will be in my newsletter"
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 10:13:23 PM by jan. »

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: May 08, 2011, 08:34:19 PM
oooh.... that's interesting.

us Offline gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Reply #37 on: May 09, 2011, 05:39:30 PM
If the trees blew down the wind and no one was around, would the alphabet song really go backwards?

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #38 on: May 09, 2011, 08:52:05 PM
one more...  :drool:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Victorinox-Orange-Alox-Cadet-/160585919017?pt=Collectible_Knives&hash=item2563aaaa29  :o

I heard a lot more sold off like lightning today!  I was at work and missed the run, but I'm good for a while.  I'm going to try to keep watch though.  This is turning out quite good.

us Offline Tyler_

Reply #39 on: May 09, 2011, 10:08:41 PM
Got mine today.  Should have bought many more but I didn't realize it was a new orange color.  Oh well.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 10:15:20 PM by Tyler_ »

gb Offline nsa-x-file

• No Life Club
  • In a world of compromise, some don't.
Reply #40 on: May 10, 2011, 12:55:49 AM
one more...  :drool:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Victorinox-Orange-Alox-Cadet-/160585919017?pt=Collectible_Knives&hash=item2563aaaa29  :o

I heard a lot more sold off like lightning today!  I was at work and missed the run, but I'm good for a while.  I'm going to try to keep watch though.  This is turning out quite good.

Yep, I managed to get a few from Swissoutpost before they all sold out.  :salute:
I contacted as many people as I could to let them know they were for sale again.
Anyone who still wants one should check the FelineVet Shop website as Tim will have some soon as well.

br Offline edursr

Reply #41 on: May 13, 2011, 09:08:42 PM
Well, lots of those on ebay and Swissoutpost... :ahhh

I wonder if other colors will follow... :think:

I wish Swissoutpost would send knifes to Brazil! :rant:

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #42 on: May 13, 2011, 09:20:34 PM
Would someone be so kind to buy one and ship it to me? There are still 10 in stock. Would $30 cover it?

http://www.swissoutpost.com/site/product3/50048.aspx

br Offline edursr

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #44 on: May 19, 2011, 09:39:59 PM
There is one on ebay right now with a buy-it-now for $125.00 and several on auction. Looks like a lot of people bought at SO to sell on ebay.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%