Multitool.org

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

84mm SAK love 76794

Hero Member Posts: 719
Re: 84mm SAK love
« Reply #930 on: December 15, 2018, 03:06:33 AM »
Yes, thanks Ray!  Also the Climber has the aluminum-headed tweezers, so that was another feature that stayed my hand when it came to taking them apart.   :)
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 11,766
« Reply #931 on: December 15, 2018, 03:17:04 AM »
Well you did very well, enjoy them!  :cheers:
No Life Club Posts: 3,566 Carpe titanium
« Reply #932 on: December 15, 2018, 07:28:42 AM »
Big fan of the nylon Sportsman here. I lost my first one (keep hoping it'll turn up) and just bought another couple of nice used ones. Gotta have a spare!

Tinker small - a very nice and unobtrusive SAK.

A small experiment trying to take a tea bag out of my mug at work showed the screwdriver is not as useful for this as [a] the Fish scaler b] hook or c] the coke spoon on the Minichamp. You live and learn. :facepalm:

I normally fish tea bags out with my fingers. Quicker than fishing in my pocket for my knife. :P

For some reason the supply of tea spoons always seems to be on the low side so it was fun to experiment :cheers:

Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.
Apex predator of fruit cake
« Reply #933 on: December 15, 2018, 07:29:52 AM »
I recently picked up this Baby Climber and Salesman as parts fodder. But when they arrived, they were far too charming to dismantle.  Square Phillips, 5-turn corkscrew, and nickel-silver shields & crosses?   Yes please.   Hello, new keeper SAKs. 

(Image removed from quote.)
And that squared Phillips has the can key slotted head! Very nice. The 5 turn corkscrew is nice also, and a small clip point blade!  :like: :tu:

:iagree: :like:

Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.
Wielder of the Bow of Banishment. Admin Team Point Of No Return Posts: 31,251 El Presidente del Fan Club Micky D
« Reply #934 on: December 15, 2018, 04:52:11 PM »
I recently picked up this Baby Climber and Salesman as parts fodder. But when they arrived, they were far too charming to dismantle.  Square Phillips, 5-turn corkscrew, and nickel-silver shields & crosses?   Yes please.   Hello, new keeper SAKs. 

I can't blame you one bit.  :drool:

Try not to be the person who blunders around and causes everyone else to get out the way.  Everyone else thinks you're a utter...
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 7,305
« Reply #935 on: December 15, 2018, 05:03:45 PM »

Very nice SAKs Myron! :like: :tu: :tu:
« Reply #936 on: December 15, 2018, 05:26:50 PM »
Thanks, everybody.  These 84 mm SAKs are such great little nuggets of ingenuity and function. 

Myron
« Reply #937 on: December 15, 2018, 06:13:54 PM »
I'm a Sportsman fan and I picked up this years Christmas LE with inlay tree, white mini screwdriver and new style file.

The perfect Sportsman for the season !

Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.
« Reply #938 on: December 15, 2018, 06:23:27 PM »
I'm a Sportsman fan and I picked up this years Christmas LE with inlay tree, white mini screwdriver and new style file.

Nice  :like: :tu:
Wielder of the Bow of Banishment. Admin Team Point Of No Return Posts: 31,251 El Presidente del Fan Club Micky D
« Reply #939 on: December 15, 2018, 07:36:03 PM »

:tu:

Try not to be the person who blunders around and causes everyone else to get out the way.  Everyone else thinks you're a utter...
Sr. Member Posts: 359
« Reply #940 on: December 15, 2018, 07:41:30 PM »
Beautiful knife there, Bill! A really nice inlay.

You don't see many limited edition Sportsmans about. First one I've seen! Good to see Vic giving it some special attention. A welcome change from the usual LE Spartans and Huntsmans.
 :cheers:
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 07:43:47 PM by Sawl Goodman »

Rambler
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 7,480 \o/
« Reply #941 on: December 15, 2018, 07:43:13 PM »

You don't see many limited edition Sportsmans about. First one I've seen! A welcome change from the usual LE Spartans and Huntsmans.

:)
« Reply #942 on: December 15, 2018, 07:50:36 PM »

Rambler
« Reply #943 on: December 15, 2018, 07:55:36 PM »

I am also a huge Sportsman fan and find they make the perfect gift for those who are perhaps unsure of their SAK compatibilities. 

Bill, could I trouble you for a closeup of the Christmas tree inlay?  I'd love a real-world shot of this, since all I've seen so far are the standard Vx promo pics.

Thanks!

Myron
« Reply #944 on: December 15, 2018, 08:40:37 PM »

I didn't see these earlier. They're really cool, great finds. Love the Climber especially.  :)

Rambler
« Reply #945 on: December 15, 2018, 08:50:33 PM »
Big fan of the nylon Sportsman here. I lost my first one (keep hoping it'll turn up) and just bought another couple of nice used ones. Gotta have a spare!

A small experiment trying to take a tea bag out of my mug at work showed the screwdriver is not as useful for this as [a] the Fish scaler b] hook or c] the coke spoon on the Minichamp. You live and learn. :facepalm:

I normally fish tea bags out with my fingers. Quicker than fishing in my pocket for my knife. :P

For some reason the supply of tea spoons always seems to be on the low side so it was fun to experiment :cheers:

Dunno what it is about teaspoons at workplaces - they always seem to evaporate or something. ??? Also, no one ever washes them after use. I have one in my lunchbox anyway that I never share, hehe. ;)

Rambler
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 14,085

Nix us

« Reply #946 on: December 16, 2018, 05:06:05 AM »
Another Sportsman fan here. Such a great little SAK!   
« Reply #947 on: December 16, 2018, 09:18:53 AM »

I am also a huge Sportsman fan and find they make the perfect gift for those who are perhaps unsure of their SAK compatibilities. 

Bill, could I trouble you for a closeup of the Christmas tree inlay?  I'd love a real-world shot of this, since all I've seen so far are the standard Vx promo pics.

Thanks!

Myron

Here's a couple of glamour shots Myron. I've tried to capture the tree inlay with a star on top which is a really nice touch. There are also some stars on the blade. For the picky out there you'll be re-assured to note it came without pin supplied in the pin hole. Details Details !! I hear you cry. :rofl:

Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.
« Reply #948 on: December 16, 2018, 09:20:37 AM »

You don't see many limited edition Sportsmans about. First one I've seen! A welcome change from the usual LE Spartans and Huntsmans.

Like that Reiner - I'm guessing that's some Canton anniversary? :like:

Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.
« Reply #949 on: December 16, 2018, 09:22:16 AM »

Dunno what it is about teaspoons at workplaces - they always seem to evaporate or something. ??? Also, no one ever washes them after use. I have one in my lunchbox anyway that I never share, hehe. ;)

This. :iagree: I always have a spork for this and other catering eventualities just in case.

Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.
« Reply #950 on: December 16, 2018, 09:54:22 AM »

Thanks!
It's the same print as on the 1291-1991 Spartan, but it's rare to see it on a Sportsman.
This SAK was spart of a set that also contained a music cassette.

http://www.vicfan.com/2010/10/victorinox-1291-1991-sportsman/
« Reply #951 on: December 16, 2018, 10:50:27 AM »

Thanks!
It's the same print as on the 1291-1991 Spartan, but it's rare to see it on a Sportsman.
This SAK was spart of a set that also contained a music cassette.

http://www.vicfan.com/2010/10/victorinox-1291-1991-sportsman/

Thanks R Vic alway entertain with their sales ideas :cheers:

Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.
« Reply #952 on: December 16, 2018, 11:09:01 AM »
:tu:
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 12,940
« Reply #953 on: December 16, 2018, 11:10:32 AM »
A music casette :rofl:

I've never seen them add a Swissbit to a set :think:

Buy now or regret later
Newbie Posts: 23
« Reply #954 on: December 16, 2018, 03:33:34 PM »
When looking at my '61-'68 Small Climber, I think I realized why I like it so much. There is a bit of detail that is different on every tool, versus a 'modern' SAK. Up close, it is possible to see some hand finishing on certain parts, like the scissors and awl.

Differences (click thumbnail for full pics, if desired):

-Bail versus keyring

-Nickel silver logo
-Aluminum tipped tweezers
-Larger, more substantial toothpick

-5-Turn, grooved corkscrew

-No-hole awl

-Cap lifter has a sharpened wire stripper

-"Swiss Pat." on can opener

-84mm scissors with single black spring...what more needs to be said  :)

-Main blade with Victoria stamp

-Clip point small blade

Global Moderator Zombie Apprentice Posts: 18,805
« Reply #955 on: December 16, 2018, 03:38:47 PM »
@boatman  :hatsoff: its a beauty for sure.   

Esse Quam Videri
Global Moderator Zombie Apprentice Posts: 18,805
« Reply #956 on: December 16, 2018, 03:39:42 PM »

This is very nice.  Thanks for the additional pictures too  :dd:

Esse Quam Videri
« Reply #957 on: December 16, 2018, 03:52:33 PM »
When looking at my '61-'68 Small Climber, I think I realized why I like it so much. There is a bit of detail that is different on every tool, versus a 'modern' SAK. Up close, it is possible to see some hand finishing on certain parts, like the scissors and awl.

Differences (click thumbnail for full pics, if desired):

-Bail versus keyring

-Nickel silver logo
-Aluminum tipped tweezers
-Larger, more substantial toothpick

-5-Turn, grooved corkscrew

-No-hole awl

-Cap lifter has a sharpened wire stripper

-"Swiss Pat." on can opener

-84mm scissors with single black spring...what more needs to be said  :)

-Main blade with Victoria stamp

-Clip point small blade

Very nice  :like: :tu:
Full Member Posts: 195

Gio ch

« Reply #958 on: December 16, 2018, 07:48:35 PM »

:drool: Beautiful!

“What kind of music do you dumbasses even play?”
“Symphonic post-apocalyptic reindeer-grinding Christ-abusing extreme war pagan fennoscandian metal.”

Heavy Trip (2018 movie)
« Reply #959 on: December 16, 2018, 10:50:46 PM »
Thanks Gio!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
September Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: $180.00