Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The Elder Scrolls V !!!!!!!!

Mercury · 264 · 23928

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Re: The Elder Scrolls V !!!!!!!!
Reply #30 on: May 14, 2011, 04:54:31 PM
Bruma is my favorite city in Oblivion.  I really dig Chorrol and the surrounding area too, especially the Castle add on that is available.  You have me playing oblivion again now, I'm too excited to leave it in the case!  The dual wielding is a huge step.  I wish they had done that in Oblivion.  I hope the cities are big, that is the fun of it!

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #31 on: May 14, 2011, 05:42:40 PM
Merc,

Bruma is nice, I like the architecture.....but didn't care much for the layout. I really like Chorrol and Cheydinhal. If they follow the lore, which they do, I believe we might see some of what Cheydinhal is in the Skyrim city of Winterhold. The combination of Nordic and Dunmer influence in both should give us some similarities.

What will be really interesting is what will have changed considering Skyrim takes place 200 years after Oblivion. Since Oblivion the entire continent of Tamriel has changed considerably. Not sure if you read the Elderscrolls Novel "The Infernal City" but the events in the novel take place 40 years after the events in Oblivion and things in the Empire have changed dramatically.......how much further they have gone once we get to Skyrim will really be interesting to see.

It's likely going to be a much different world than what we know of since Morrowind and Oblivion.

2xTap
Knives, Watches, and Flashlights are like Guns......you can never have too many!

ca Offline Beerplumber

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: May 14, 2011, 06:09:54 PM
Sweeeet I'm totally going to Play oblivion this week it's been a while, and I'm so close to actually being done of fallout 3 I wanted new Vegas but refuse to buy it until I "beat" fallout 3 (just trying to finish the add-ons) I'm a huge oblivion fan I got bitter with it after I left an important item in a cupboard somewhere to free up some weight then the house burnt down! I guess I could start a new profile but... So much work lost! I'll just wait for the new one now

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #33 on: May 15, 2011, 04:30:38 AM
Wait, there are Elder Scrolls NOVELS?!   I gotta get my hands on those!

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #34 on: May 15, 2011, 06:32:00 AM
Beerplumber,

I am many hours into my third character with Fallout: New Vegas right now. Level 27 and running through some of the main quest right now. The game has some bugs but is still great. Aside from some of the added perks and the addition of weapon mods, I have to say I still like Fallout 3 better.

Merc,

Yes, there is a Elderscrolls novel with a second one coming. But I have to say, aside from the lore it contained......the book I found quite boring. For me it wasn't very "Elderscrolls". The story did nothing for me and neither did where it took place or the characters. The second novel is to be released this year in September and is a continuation of the story from the first book.

I don't think I'll be getting it.

2xTap
Knives, Watches, and Flashlights are like Guns......you can never have too many!

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #35 on: May 15, 2011, 11:12:15 AM
I bought the book for my kindle and I have to say, it looks like a high school freshman wrote it for a final or something.  It is awful.  I am gonna push through it just for the elder scrolls lore, but the writing is just terrible.

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #36 on: May 15, 2011, 04:59:34 PM
Merc,

Yup, my thoughts exactly. It was a rather piss poor attempt. Bethesda should of used one of the writers they had that actually does the writing for the books found in their games to write the Novels.

I've read quite a few game-inspired books like the DOOM series, the Resident Evil novels, Mass Effect, and Dragon Age......and all of them were well written and engrossing. They were all also written by people who seemed to have a grasp, or understanding, of the source material. This Greg Keyes who wrote "The Infernal City", despite his credentials, seems to have been given a overview of the games and lore and told to write a book on future events in a particular Province. The man has probably never even played any of the games.

It was tuely underwhelming. And he is writing the second book as well! Whoever at Bethesda, or their parent company Zenimax, that was responsible for giving the final green light to let the book be released should be fired for incompetence.

Anyway, I did what you are doing. I pushed through it for the established lore. Doubt I'll get the second book though. I'll wait for the lore to be pulled and put into the ES: Timeline at The Imperial Library, and get it from there. I'm a lore-hound for the series so that's my only interest in these now.

Ever been to The Imperial Library Merc? If you are into the history and lore of the series it's one of the best places to go to find info.

2xTap

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #37 on: May 15, 2011, 05:06:40 PM
I didn't even know it existed until you mentioned it.  I am checking it out now.  Thanks!

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #38 on: May 15, 2011, 09:52:55 PM
I didn't even know it existed until you mentioned it.  I am checking it out now.  Thanks!

Merc,

Another good site to check out.....actually the best website for all things Elderscrolls, is the UESP. The "Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages". They too have a good lore wiki as well as walk throughs / guides to all the games and their DLC's. And tons of other stuff.

If you haven't check this one out, here's the link: http://www.uesp.net/

2xTap

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #39 on: May 15, 2011, 11:18:16 PM
got it, I am on there now.  thanks for all the info, I hadn't been into these games in a long while.  I am going to hit morrowind today I hope, but as a veteran console player I have a hard time with the mouse and keyboard.  I think I will try the wired controller on my PC, I'm told it works well.  I have to go buy one though. 

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #40 on: May 17, 2011, 04:21:32 AM
Merc,

Glad I could help.

Been a long time console player myself. My first introduction to "videogames" came in the form of the console version of Pong my Dad bought for me back around the mid to late 70's. Man, how graphics have changed.

I've run the gamut of consoles, from that version of Pong through the Atari 2600 and 5200, ColecoVision, NES, SNES, PS-1, N64, Dreamcast, PS-2, Xbox, Gamecube, and Xbox-360. I remember my first experince with PC gaming came on my buddy's Commodore 64, Castle Wolfenstein if I remember correctly. That and Jordan vs. Bird. The transition has been pretty easy for me as I've jumped around between different controllers and keyboard/mouse for a while.

Though I have to admit, while the PC has it bonuses.....I prefer playing most of my games on a console and I definitely prefer a good controller over a mouse and keyboard.

2xTap

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #41 on: May 17, 2011, 05:13:42 AM
Merc,

Glad I could help.

Been a long time console player myself. My first introduction to "videogames" came in the form of the console version of Pong my Dad bought for me back around the mid to late 70's. Man, how graphics have changed.

I've run the gamut of consoles, from that version of Pong through the Atari 2600 and 5200, ColecoVision, NES, SNES, PS-1, N64, Dreamcast, PS-2, Xbox, Gamecube, and Xbox-360. I remember my first experince with PC gaming came on my buddy's Commodore 64, Castle Wolfenstein if I remember correctly. That and Jordan vs. Bird. The transition has been pretty easy for me as I've jumped around between different controllers and keyboard/mouse for a while.

Though I have to admit, while the PC has it bonuses.....I prefer playing most of my games on a console and I definitely prefer a good controller over a mouse and keyboard.

2xTap

I just can't get used to the control style with PC.  I love the Xbox controller layout, it just works.  I still haven't bought a wired controller for PC, I am thinking about it.  I have to get caught up on lore before Skyrim comes out, so I guess I have to get one sooner or later so I can play morrowind.

us Offline thebullfrog

• No Life Club
Reply #42 on: May 17, 2011, 04:57:23 PM
Im the other way around. Once I got used to mouse/keyboard, I have a REALLY hard time using a controller now. Some games like racing sims and platformers are better on a controller, but anything first person is FAR better with a mouse, as are strategy and top down games (diablo, etc.)

ca Offline Beerplumber

• No Life Club
Reply #43 on: May 17, 2011, 05:43:34 PM
Not sure about xbox but u can use a ps3 controller on the pc, there's a download for it I'll post a link layer today if anybody can't find it

us Offline thebullfrog

• No Life Club
Reply #44 on: May 18, 2011, 12:06:16 AM
Win 7 has 360 controller support built in, but you have to use the wired version.

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #45 on: May 18, 2011, 01:45:04 AM
Great, now I just have to save up the $40 for a controller.  I just ordered a new Spyderco SS Delica, so I have to wait awhile for that.

us Offline thebullfrog

• No Life Club
Reply #46 on: May 18, 2011, 01:52:26 AM
You *might* have to download a driver, I know for Vista you did, but I'm pretty sure 7 has the driver built in so its plug and play. Either way installing a driver is trivial.

ca Offline Beerplumber

• No Life Club
Reply #47 on: June 22, 2011, 04:21:03 PM
Gawd because of you ppl I've started a new profile! Anyone wanna talk Tech on choosing character class/race?

ca Offline Beerplumber

• No Life Club
Reply #48 on: June 22, 2011, 04:21:52 PM
Or any good walkthrough recommendations?

us Offline thebullfrog

• No Life Club
Reply #49 on: June 22, 2011, 08:56:08 PM
My only advice is dont start the main quest. I avoid that thing like the blight errr plague lol

ca Offline Beerplumber

• No Life Club
Reply #50 on: June 23, 2011, 01:06:20 AM
My only advice is dont start the main quest. I avoid that thing like the blight errr plague lol
.        Lol yeah me too. Holy overload of information available regarding character creation on the web, someone suggested avoid sleep to holdback on level ups, meanwhile build up ones minor skills... Er something...

ca Offline Beerplumber

• No Life Club
Reply #51 on: June 23, 2011, 01:11:01 AM
Btw IMHO awesome thread lol I have a spirit next to me to justify

us Offline thebullfrog

• No Life Club
Reply #52 on: June 24, 2011, 02:25:51 PM
We just pre-ordered two copies of Skyrim (PC version of course). one for me and one for my GF.

As far as oblivion goes if you're on PC I strongly recommend looking at some of the many, many mods that are out there, especially the big ones like Oscuros Oblivion Overhaul. If you're on a conole, well sucks to be you :P.

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #53 on: June 25, 2011, 01:29:14 AM
I have completely restarted oblivion and I am loving it!  I am working on specific charecter types now.  Can't wait for skyrim.

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #54 on: June 25, 2011, 03:32:51 AM
Skyrim just looks incredible.  I am not a patient person anyway so waiting until november is just terrible!

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #55 on: June 25, 2011, 03:37:47 AM
Merc,

Have you seen all/any of the demo videos of Skyrim from E3?

2xTap

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #56 on: June 25, 2011, 04:04:32 AM
I have only seen the trailer.

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #57 on: June 25, 2011, 04:10:07 AM
I have only seen the trailer.

Ohhhhh, you must see. This is just one of a few out there...........

2xTap  :2tu:

« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 04:30:24 AM by 2xTap »

ca Offline Beerplumber

• No Life Club
Reply #58 on: June 25, 2011, 07:55:35 AM
Omg that looks wicked!

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #59 on: June 25, 2011, 10:26:56 AM
Fantastic graphics, realtime speech.  Wow.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%