Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Lanyards Ho!!

us Offline sergemaster

• No Life Club
Lanyards Ho!!
on: May 13, 2011, 07:08:24 AM
Amici,
Although this subject has been touched in non-related posts over the years, I thought it would be a good time to start a dedicated thread to those of us who utilize a lanyard when carrying a SAK.

Here are a few of mine with lanyards that a friend and fellow SAK fan made for me over the years. This design I feel it to be the most compact and user friendly as well as a real attention magnet and conversation starter with other SAK users unfamiliar with lanyards.

I feel the secret to a functioning lanyard is its size. As long as the size of the lanyard isn't greater than the actual SAK, it will provide room for a more comfortable grip, anything longer can and will become bulky and not very user friendly.

Think of the Folts Minimalist, although it's a fixed blade it also utilizes a lanyard with the handle to positive results.. If you're not, do a search on it on youtube and see for yourself that they truly can be more of a positive than a negative.

I'd also like to give a shout over to the SOSAK, since if it wasn't for the brotherhood, I never would have known the potential as well as the pluses of using a lanyard with a SAK.

So love them or hate them, lanyards are here to stay, and if you have one, post them!

Cheers,
Serge
lanyards 1.jpg
* lanyards 1.jpg (Filesize: 46.35 KB)
Lanyards 2.jpg
* Lanyards 2.jpg (Filesize: 59.99 KB)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 07:15:44 AM by sergemaster »
'I will NOT be threatened by a walking Meatloaf!!' - D. Kessler

gb Offline Essexman

• No Life Club
Re: Lanyards Ho!!
Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 11:58:32 AM
I'll play. Although this has already been posted in the "Got paracord" thread on here.

A small lanyard for my SAK...

:D

england Offline Guardian

• Unless
Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 08:27:59 PM
and here is my 'pinky finger' knife knot........use as a pull tab in your trouser pocket, if coloured a way of finding your knife if dropped and a lanyard over water.........
May 2011 22.jpg
* May 2011 22.jpg (Filesize: 103.57 KB)
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not."
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

us Offline sergemaster

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 11:41:56 PM
Bravo! I love that design, very functionable also.. Here are some new arrivals as well as the lanyards I had made for them. I made the lanyard for the Mountaineer myself since I've had it for years now and its actually a favorite..

Cheers,
Serge
Lanyards Redeux.jpg
* Lanyards Redeux.jpg (Filesize: 59.48 KB)
'I will NOT be threatened by a walking Meatloaf!!' - D. Kessler

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD