Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SOG SwitchPlier

Viper · 10 · 2618

Offline Viper

• No Life Club
SOG SwitchPlier
on: November 21, 2007, 04:44:50 AM
I'm looking for a SOG Switchplier. The condition it's in doesn't matter, as long as it works, and it's useable.

I can trade for it or buy it, I just really want one!
[

Offline supratentorial

Re: SOG SwitchPlier
Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 06:59:47 AM
If you aren't able to find one, give me an email.  I have two.  It's not something that I'm looking to get rid of but I'm happy to help you out if you don't have any luck finding one elsewhere.

Offline supratentorial

Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 07:25:54 AM
BTW, I bought one of them from a Christian rock star!  I had never heard of the band before I made the purchase (don't listen to Christian rock) but now I think they're pretty good.  ...and NO you can't have that one!  It's my conversation piece. 

Offline Viper

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 08:08:54 AM
Awesome!!!!

What would you like for a SwitchPlier? I'd prefer to make a trade but I can pay with Paypal, etc. if needed.
[

Offline supratentorial

Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 09:06:07 AM
A trade might work but it's becoming difficult to think of things that I want.  PayPal would also work.  I'm not in any hurry so it's no problem for me to hold it for you until you're ready (If I recall correctly you're saving for a gift for your uncle).  I'm headed out of town tomorrow for the holiday and I'll be back on Monday.  Send me an email when I get back and we'll figure it out.  Happy Thanksgiving!

Offline Viper

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 07:24:54 PM
Yeah this is one of my first American Thanksgivings, and I like them!

And yes, I am saving for a gift for my uncle!

How much do you want for it? I have the money for my uncle's gift, but I'm not sure if I have enough extra for the SwitchPlier.
[

Offline supratentorial

Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 06:22:58 AM
I was taking some photos of the SwitchPlier for you and my girlfriend took possession of it.  I was almost able to tempt her to give it back in exchange for a pink Leatherman Squirt but she's obsessed with button-operated pliers on the SOG.  Unless I want to spend the rest of my life celibate, I'll need to give in on this one.  I'm really sorry man.  I did a quick search for you and was able to find the SwitchPlier at (check your email for the link*).  I've bought discontinued items from them before and found the company to be reliable but I'd give them a quick call during their business hours to make sure that it's in stock.  They have it listed at $65 which isn't bad since a used one recently sold for $60 on eBay.  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280167802928

*I didn't post the link so that Viper would have a first shot at it.  I'll be happy to share the link after Viper has a chance at it.

Offline Viper

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: November 26, 2007, 07:46:10 AM
Did you tell her you were selling it?
[

Offline supratentorial

Reply #8 on: November 26, 2007, 08:00:42 AM
Yes, I did.   :pok:  There's a chance that she'll lose interest in it (I should ask her if she wants to go shopping for shoes! ;) ).  But I don't want you to get your hopes up.  Try the link that I sent you tomorrow and see if they have the items in stock.  It beats paying $60 for a used one on eBay. 

Offline supratentorial

Reply #9 on: December 05, 2007, 06:12:27 AM
I got the SwitchPlier back today.  Don't ask what I had to do in order to get it back!   :-[  If you buy it, you owe me BIG!  The pliers have been opened and closed about a billion times ::) but the pliers and the rest of the tools still have not been used.  The sheath also looks brand new even though its been riding around in a purse.  Previously, we hadn't gotten to the point of discussing terms of sale.  I need to ask $45 plus the actual cost of shipping.  Send me an email if you still want it.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%