Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

paypal fraud

Zed · 39 · 3227

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: paypal fraud
Reply #30 on: June 09, 2011, 05:49:19 PM

80 penny chews  :think: ?  ........Do they still make them?  :-\

:D
Everything’s adjustable

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #31 on: June 09, 2011, 06:05:20 PM

80 penny chews  :think: ?  ........Do they still make them?  :-\

:D

yeah but there now 20p each     :D 

well my account is now fully working, but transfere still going through for the 10th , still no email other than the one i just got saying my account is fully operational, i still cant believe ive had no email about the fraud,  :think: oh well of to sepnd 80p  :D

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #32 on: June 11, 2011, 09:38:36 AM
Well got a email on friday from PP saying that the bank transfere did go through as lack of funds  ::) , still no email saying they are sorting out the fraud on my account  :think: but my account doesnt have limited use now, im still in 2 minds to close it, as i dont wont this to happen again , if this happened when i get paid and i had funds in the account i would be crippled for the month , now i have to sort out the £30 bank charge i now have  :rant: another stupid phone call to my banks useles fraud department who i usualy cant understand  :-\

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #33 on: June 11, 2011, 02:54:48 PM
Ouch.

I hope it gets settled soon.  :(
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #34 on: June 11, 2011, 02:56:26 PM
Ive now been asked to do a survey  :think: ive no clue if they sorted the fraud issue  :-\

gb Offline ryan1835

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • buh
Reply #35 on: June 12, 2011, 11:04:00 AM
Do they not have a telephone number?
I

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #36 on: June 12, 2011, 11:06:14 AM
Do they not have a telephone number?

probably ryan but on the site it says to send a draud notice, this i have done 3 times, next week i will ring, but with the girls party and millie having chicken pocks and work ive not had time to ring , also i hate phones,  :D

spam Offline Fisting_Chili

• No Life Club
Reply #37 on: June 12, 2011, 04:19:47 PM
Paul, just in case we're at cross purposes ... if you went to paypal FROM that email and it was dodgy, you will have done exactly what the scammers wanted .... you won't have gone to PP - just somewhere that is meant to look like PP ... so they won't be getting back to you, they'll just be using the details you entered to go and buy stuff. I had a dodgy one a year or so ago and actually phoned PP to verify as it looked convincing. They said it was a hoax and could I forward them a copy of it. Thankfully I hadn't clicked on the hyperlinks to the fake PP site and entered my details, so the scammers didn't succeed.

I'd be tempted to phone Paypal if you can and explain the problem, but don't use anything from the email. Type the address in a new browswer window manually and get the phone number from there. I hope I'm wrong and the email was legit and they're already fixing the problem ... but it's safer to check  :tu:

IN FACT .... Go to Paypal ... new browser window, address entered manually (NOT from the email) .... and try to log in with your NEW password. If it tells you to go forth and ... you know ... then you've been had. You weren't changing you details, just telling someone else your original details. If your new password works, then check recent transactions and make sure there's nothing squiffy ... even if it's a few pence. Apparently a lot of scammers try small nominal 99p type transactions to make sure it's working before taking bigger slices. Just make sure you're on the REAL PP (in case you haven't already).

Whatever happens - good luck  :tu:

EDIT: I think most PP hits are from phishing emails and folks freely handing over their info so someone they think is PP but isn't rather than PP accounts actually being hacked.

Absolutely.  find  out for sure by just calling them.  Good luck!
“Do not go gentle, into that goodnight.  Rage....RAGE against the dying of the light!"

-Dylan Thomas

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #38 on: June 12, 2011, 05:00:33 PM
Paul, just in case we're at cross purposes ... if you went to paypal FROM that email and it was dodgy, you will have done exactly what the scammers wanted .... you won't have gone to PP - just somewhere that is meant to look like PP ... so they won't be getting back to you, they'll just be using the details you entered to go and buy stuff. I had a dodgy one a year or so ago and actually phoned PP to verify as it looked convincing. They said it was a hoax and could I forward them a copy of it. Thankfully I hadn't clicked on the hyperlinks to the fake PP site and entered my details, so the scammers didn't succeed.

I'd be tempted to phone Paypal if you can and explain the problem, but don't use anything from the email. Type the address in a new browswer window manually and get the phone number from there. I hope I'm wrong and the email was legit and they're already fixing the problem ... but it's safer to check  :tu:

IN FACT .... Go to Paypal ... new browser window, address entered manually (NOT from the email) .... and try to log in with your NEW password. If it tells you to go forth and ... you know ... then you've been had. You weren't changing you details, just telling someone else your original details. If your new password works, then check recent transactions and make sure there's nothing squiffy ... even if it's a few pence. Apparently a lot of scammers try small nominal 99p type transactions to make sure it's working before taking bigger slices. Just make sure you're on the REAL PP (in case you haven't already).

Whatever happens - good luck  :tu:

EDIT: I think most PP hits are from phishing emails and folks freely handing over their info so someone they think is PP but isn't rather than PP accounts actually being hacked.

Absolutely.  find  out for sure by just calling them.  Good luck!

:tu: will do

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD