Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Almost lost my Surge

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Almost lost my Surge
on: October 26, 2006, 02:37:22 AM
 I'm so forgetfull. I spent over an hour today looking for my Surge.  I was using a longer saw blade with the blade adapter to cut spots for vents on my shed.  I finally found it.  I had set it on the roof of the shed. Has anyone ever lost a multitool.
"

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Almost lost my Surge
Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 02:41:26 AM
Once in a while I misplace them, but I am proud to say that I have never (yet) actually lost a SAK or a multi.  Of course I'd attribute that to my exceptional awareness and organizational skills if there was even the slightest chance that was true!

I have one SAK, a translucent green Esquire that has been lost numerous times and yet always turns up again!  One time I noticed that it had been missing for a few weeks and it turned up in a box from Victorinox with some repaired knives I had sent in, with a small note attached saying "Not Our Knife."  Another time I had lost it and found it several days later on the street right next to where I always park my car.  I am amazed no one else picked it up!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline CacherX4

Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 06:06:05 AM
I haven't lost/misplaced my multi yet, but I have misplaced my Arc-AAA flashlight about 3-4 times.  Once it fell out of my pocket at a Fair...I noticed it missing right after we got home so I went back to retrace all my routes....I found it near where the car was parked, it must have fell out as I was getting my keys.  My wife didn't understand what the fuss was about, afterall it was just a flashlight...

This is really the wrong forum to discuss this I guess.......sorry

Offline geoemt

Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 07:10:59 AM

I have one SAK, a translucent green Esquire that has been lost numerous times and yet always turns up again!  One time I noticed that it had been missing for a few weeks and it turned up in a box from Victorinox with some repaired knives I had sent in, with a small note attached saying "Not Our Knife."  Another time I had lost it and found it several days later on the street right next to where I always park my car.  I am amazed no one else picked it up!

Def, I can't imagine a person who wants to keep the SAK on that ugly color.  :laugh: Maybe that is why you keep finding it again and again. Just kidding Def. ;)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Guillermo
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 07:15:20 AM by geoemt »
<

Offline colubrid

Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 08:51:27 AM
I haven't lost/misplaced my multi yet, but I have misplaced my Arc-AAA flashlight about 3-4 times.  Once it fell out of my pocket at a Fair...I noticed it missing right after we got home so I went back to retrace all my routes....I found it near where the car was parked, it must have fell out as I was getting my keys.  My wife didn't understand what the fuss was about, afterall it was just a flashlight...

This is really the wrong forum to discuss this I guess.......sorry

Hey don't be sorry. If anyone here does not own an Arc AAA they are the ones missing out.

I would retrace my steps to find either my lost multitool or my ARC.

BTW I have about a dozen different ones:

us Offline CacherX4

Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 02:57:52 PM
Very nice lights colubrid.  Camo things really draw my attention but hardly do i buy.  That light and the camo Charge are on my wish list but at the very bottom.  Would make a great gift idea...I wonder if my wife reads these..LOL

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
Reply #6 on: October 27, 2006, 05:22:36 AM
...Has anyone ever lost a multitool.

Shortly after I gave my wife a Swiss+Tech Utilikey, it fell off her key ring in a parking lot during a snowstorm at night.

Using an LED flashlight, I found her Utilikey in the snow near where she parked her car.  (Good thing I was carrying a flashlight!)

The next day, I fashioned a sheath from a short length of cable insulation.  It slips over the Utilikey and prevents it from opening until the sheath is removed.  I've posted this image on another forum.

util-key.jpg
* util-key.jpg (Filesize: 34.39 KB)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 03:25:48 AM by parnass »
Retired engineer, author.

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #7 on: October 27, 2006, 12:07:30 PM
Great idea parnass. Sometimes the simple solutions work best.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%