Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Tightening my Wave.

us Offline LatinoHeat

• The man with the plan and the really nice tan.
Tightening my Wave.
on: October 28, 2006, 03:08:54 AM
Hey guys, I am going back to carrying my Wave.  I know I said I wasn't carrying it anymore because it pinched my fingers sometimes.  I switched to the Blast, which has all the same tools, and I do like it, but it just doesn't feel sturdy enough.  The Wave has always done everything I've asked of it and done it with ease, so I'm carrying it again.  Plus my Wife got it for me when we were dating, for as an anniversary present, so it also has sentimental value.  However, it's a little loose from all the use I'd given it.  The can opener and screwdriver bit attachment want to open all on their own, and the knife blades are a tiny bit wobbly.  Sooooo....... how do I tighten them up?  I have torx drivers, but these screws have a little piece sticking up in the middle, so I can't use them.  What tool do I need to tighten my Wave up a bit?

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Tightening my Wave.
Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 03:11:00 AM
It is a special security bit that may be available soon through a source exclusive to us...  stay tuned for details...

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 08:07:16 AM
Like Def said LM uses security bits called TORX PLUS.  They a really hard to find. But it sounds like he has something up his sleeve.
"

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 11:38:35 AM
I always have something up my sleeve...  >:D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 07:16:21 PM
I always have something up my sleeve...  >:D

Def

He means besides your arm.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #5 on: October 28, 2006, 10:15:36 PM
Are these really all that hard to find?  I've got a set of Torx Security bits in my tool box at work that I think I got from Sears.  Anyone know what size the torx screw is in the tool? 
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #6 on: October 28, 2006, 10:58:05 PM
For years, Leatherman used security Torx Plus fasteners, which have a 5-pointed star. Only recently have they switched to regular security Torx, which have 6-point stars.
torxes.jpg
* torxes.jpg (Filesize: 76.6 KB)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #7 on: October 28, 2006, 11:14:42 PM
For years, Leatherman used security Torx Plus fasteners, which have a 5-pointed star. Only recently have they switched to regular security Torx, which have 6-point stars.

Very cool.  I never realized that the LM ones were 5 pointed.
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #8 on: October 30, 2006, 02:10:16 AM
I've never been able to find the 5-point security bits. I'm hoping my search will soon be over. (hint, hint)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%