Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What's in a name?

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
What's in a name?
on: June 21, 2011, 01:38:39 AM
Victorinox loves the cute names (or maybe we do). They are wholesome and good, so long as you don't freak out about the Huntsman, Hunter and Soldier, but even those are socially appropriate.

So if we were going to give SAKs "naughty" names, what would they look like? What would you expect to find in the Instigator, the Troublemaker, the Saboteur? I'm going to toss this out to the group, see what we can come up with. And in keeping with this twisted and perverse theme, along with Vic tools feel free to include Wenger ones (like porting an 85mm Wenger metal file into an 84mm Vic frame). I'm curious to see what we can come up with for delinquent SAKs.
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Re: What's in a name?
Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 02:30:33 AM
I like the "Saboteur". :salute:  How about the Guerrilla, Sapper or the Commando?

On a related note I always felt that many of LM's names were rather Freudian.  Pulse, Juice, Surge and Squirt anyone?  Or maybe that's just me. :-[
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 05:01:47 AM
No, your not alone there Gareth!

There should be one called the Wanderer - that little bugger that you keep misplacing.
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 12:56:26 AM
I like the "Saboteur". :salute:  How about  the Commando?

Does this mean it has no scales??? :oops:
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 03:09:48 AM
I guess that would make it alox, using a custom scale that incorporates a liner.

Of course, you make it out of a heavy enough alloy...
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

us Offline theonew

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 05:02:39 AM
How 'bout the Jackker. Comes with a folding slim jim, a set of lock picks, a bump key and most importantly a hand cuff key  :D

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 09:47:29 AM
How about SwissTool, it can be used to name their biggest offering... oh, wait they DID use that name for their biggest offering...  :D Or the SwissGrip, for the smaller, more feminine version... oh, it has also been done I hear by Wenger (that name sounds suspicious to me...)  >:D
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

us Offline MeadMaker

Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 01:32:26 PM
How about SwissTool, it can be used to name their biggest offering... oh, wait they DID use that name for their biggest offering...  :D Or the SwissGrip, for the smaller, more feminine version... oh, it has also been done I hear by Wenger (that name sounds suspicious to me...)  >:D

Now THOSE are Freudian names!!!
Tick Magnet

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $149.46
PayPal Fees: $8.74
Net Balance: $140.72
Below Goal: $159.28