Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What have you done?!?

cs Offline edcgear

• No Life Club
What have you done?!?
on: December 17, 2010, 07:11:04 PM
OK lads I'll share something with you. Recently an idea crawled to my mind... I've decided to swap or sell my SwissChamp, and intented to exchange it for some other SAK model, CT or similar!!

This would not be such a special thing, but this is my FIRST EVER SAK (yes I know it sounds weird, but beter late than never). If you go back and reed last sentence once again, you'll be able to imagine how shocked I was when I double thaught this idea... It struck me as an lighting, it was as close as devil sitting on my shoulder whispering...  :)

This is my first (this sounds weird also, doesent it?), my precioussssss (and this sounds disturbing)  :D !!

So I've decided to keep it, and if I get some replace (this is my only SAK at the moment) it will be ireplaceable in my heart :D....

Now what I'm interested (and hopefully rest of forum readers) is your story....

So what have you done with your first love, weather it is a SAK or any other MT for that matter...

Is it a shelf queen, broken, repaired, given away as a precious gift, in bottom of some drawer, still working....

:climber: :multi:

Let's here your story...
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
There is method to my madness....
http://svakodnevnesitnice.blogspot.com/

il Offline Threeme2189

• No Life Club
  • When in doubt, use a bigger hammer.
Re: What have you done?!?
Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 08:35:10 PM
My first Multi and SAK was a Vic skipper, which I used for several years.
One day it fell on the floor and I noticed that one of the scales cracked around the locking mechanism.
I sent it in to get it repaired and what I got a back was a brand new Skipper.
It's still sitting in my drawer, good as new  :tu:
Chuck Norris' preferred iron supplement is rebar.

us Offline AncientMatingCalls

Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 09:10:47 PM
Lost it. :oops:

It was a Skele, first multi tool i ever had. I was smitten with the thing too. I thought, damn, this thing will get me through anything. Well as it turns out, everything but lunch at Denny's. :twak:
The Five Ws

Water
Wood
Weather
Wildlife
Widow-makers

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 09:45:10 PM
My very first was a Leatherman PST, back in the ancient times of the mid-1980's. :) We've been through some tough times the two of us have. :-\ I've still got it to this day. :angel:
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline AncientMatingCalls

Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 10:12:11 PM
Wow, that's a long time to have a tool J.

I'm trying to replace my beloved Skele at the moment. I've even got a thread in the trade section hoping someone will help reunite me with my lost love (or at least one like it).
The Five Ws

Water
Wood
Weather
Wildlife
Widow-makers

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 11:09:05 PM
I've still got my Vic Waiter that got me into buying SAKs.  I did however accidentally give away my Climber (the second SAK I ever bought).  I'd decided to give a SAK to a frind of mine who was going away travelling, I just managed to pick up the wrong one when wrapping it.  By the time I realised my mistake he, and it, were in Germany. :-[
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

gb Offline ryan1835

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • buh
Reply #6 on: December 17, 2010, 11:23:58 PM
My very first was a Leatherman PST, back in the ancient times of the mid-1980's. :) We've been through some tough times the two of us have. :-\ I've still got it to this day. :angel:

can we have pics to see how well its survived?  :D  :pok:
I

de Offline Jmora

Reply #7 on: December 17, 2010, 11:31:45 PM
my first SAK was a climber, it was in bad shape after 5 years, I treated it badly, so I sent it off to the Ibach to be renewed. That's how I got into collecting, wanting to buy something to replace it while it was away. It is now like new, but doesn't feel the same (it is the original, not simply a new replacement - I can tell by the way the corkscrew feels). I've retired it now, and use other models like a compact or farmer or cadet. Nothing quite feels the same though, my 2 layer knives feel too thin.

Offline P35

Reply #8 on: December 17, 2010, 11:35:08 PM

same here, my old PST lives in my car now

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #9 on: December 18, 2010, 01:57:42 AM
I had the BSA official scout knife as a kid (I suspect it was Camillus) and something else with knife and spoon.  Then I graduated to bike tools.  I had a small collection of dedicated tools for a while but no multitool until...

Bosslady and I bought the farm.  :ahhh

I received a PST from my brother one christmas which I used with vigor.  My wife gave me a Supertool the following Feb 14th, but honestly, I never could cotton to it.  The PST was my EDC despite a lot of other MT's (Sears version of Schrade MT, Kershaw A100, Old, Old wave), the PST remained my goto tool until I received a Skeletool for my birthday a couple years ago.

I also EDC'd an old style minichamp for years until the Wenger clipper came along.

I have my old PST tucked away, although its been back to Portland many times over the years (a bit like "Grandpa's hammer ;)).

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
  • You will not laugh! You will not cry!
Reply #10 on: December 18, 2010, 08:07:40 AM
My first MT was a Paratool that I bought 13 or 14 years ago and when I got my Powerlock in 2008 it went into permanent retirement and she will never be sold.
There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives.

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #11 on: December 18, 2010, 04:09:12 PM
Other than the various Vic Classics that have resided on my keychain since I was 16 my 1st "real" multi-tool was a LM PST I got in the military. That was 1991 and during my military service it was well used. I carried it for a while after I got out but it was pretty worn out so I eventually gave it to my Dad because he thought it was neat. Of course looking back I wish I would have kept it. My Dad thinks he stuck it in one of his tackle boxes and it has since disappeared. I'm still hoping it'll turn up one of these days but I'm not holding my breath.

http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

jp Offline yokomode

Reply #12 on: January 07, 2011, 01:32:33 PM
First SAK i owned was as a child of 8-10yrs.
It was what is now called the Classic SD (not sure it was named that when i was a child).
i am really not sure what happened to it and have owned many more Classic SD's in various colours and designs over the years.

it Offline robibotti

• mad about leatherman and stuff like that😁
Reply #13 on: January 07, 2011, 01:44:26 PM
i met my first love in a shop window..it was there..standing in front of me...it was love at first sting....
it was the '95 year and i bought my first MT....a shiny PST with his leather sheath(true leather!)....and it's already at my side...now i associated another pst,a charge tti,a flair,a core,and a vic climber....
one year ago i broke its plier....aaaahhhhhh... :cry:...fortunately italian leatherman assistance fixed it up in one week!!! :2tu:
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 02:01:25 PM by robibotti »

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #14 on: January 07, 2011, 02:25:45 PM
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline Millhouse

• No Life Club
  • This isn't me, but I'm just as dysfunctional
Reply #15 on: January 07, 2011, 02:44:24 PM
My first SAK was a Vic Hiker, bought around about 1986-87. It served me very well, especially in 1989 on a canal boating holiday. The saw was very handy for repairs on the boat.

I gave this knife away in 1997, having just bought a Gerber multi tool. Looking back I wish I had kept it.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

us Offline airballrad

• Gadget Addict
Reply #16 on: June 20, 2011, 09:47:59 PM
Another thread rising from the grave. I apologize for all the necromancy, but some of these are good threads!  :D

My first was a PST I got in 1997. The wire cutters are a bit notched, but otherwise it's still in pretty good shape. It has been retired to shelf queen status, but still gets pulled out for the odd project when I'm in a mood.  :angel:

es Offline El Rago

• I shot the sherrif...
Reply #17 on: June 20, 2011, 11:24:03 PM
I will join the necromancy too.

My first SAK/MT was a vic Skipper. the details are a bit sketchy, but I sold it so I could buy a swissgrip. The Grip is still with me and I constanly use it, I even lost the case, the bits and the adapter. and the cross too. Although I now have a Skeletool and a Soldier08, when the going gets though, I pull the Grip.

Offline roguesw

Reply #18 on: June 21, 2011, 02:08:42 AM
My first and only SAK is the Victorinox Camping model which I got back in 1990. I still have this and still use it to this day. Cant believe its 20 years old and still going strong. Just got my first MT the SOG Powerlockal and loving it.

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #19 on: June 21, 2011, 02:18:44 AM
20-something year old Swiss Champ, still hanging out with me here :)
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75