Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What do we have on the way?

Benner · 26149 · 1381521

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Re: What do we have on the way?
Reply #22110 on: November 28, 2017, 01:02:14 PM
Leatherman Charge TI

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Nice! Win the lottery?  :D
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #22111 on: November 28, 2017, 02:51:12 PM
Nah i snatched it off eBay, wasn't posted long and I "bought it now" while there was only 8 watchers

80$ isn't too incredible bad??

« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 12:19:16 PM by Poncho65 »

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #22112 on: November 28, 2017, 04:35:21 PM
A little off key but I bought the wife the all new kindle for Xmas, she kinda went out of way for me in order to take care of the house so I fig why not? It was on sale so I snatched it up. She on the other hand got me a little unique piece of power equipment, rather then having to get all diff pieces and take up space, it’s one main body and then you get attachments to make it what you need, then a little something to use around the house, so far the drill and circular saw work pretty good, and have yet to charge the battery’s,,
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #22113 on: November 30, 2017, 01:21:14 PM
Nah i snatched it off eBay, wasn't posted long and I "bought it now" while there was only 8 watchers

80$ isn't too incredible bad??

:tu: :cheers:
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 12:20:13 PM by Poncho65 »
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
Reply #22114 on: November 30, 2017, 03:55:31 PM
On its way, hopefully: BO LM Supertool 300 with CC pliers

:mail:
Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #22115 on: December 01, 2017, 12:21:14 AM
 :like: :cheers: :tu:

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #22116 on: December 01, 2017, 12:55:06 AM
First Olight
I'm a total legend..... in my own mind- Herley

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #22117 on: December 01, 2017, 01:14:47 AM
Our light came in, the Mrs wanted to go a little "old school" in the kitchen, so I found her a unique mason jar hanging light, but I also wanted to give it an all out look so I found the Edison bulbs yet in an led rather then a norm, since the move we switched allllll our bulbs from our normal fluorescent swirl bulbs to all LEDs, of course the outdoor front light is green(led), but the only couple that aren’t led are the spot light in the backyard and the one 4ft fluorescent shop light in the garage, other then that we’re running led!
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Timboslice

Reply #22118 on: December 03, 2017, 08:35:58 PM
 Crkt sangrador
Screenshot_20171203-143347.jpg
* Screenshot_20171203-143347.jpg (Filesize: 99.98 KB)

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #22119 on: December 04, 2017, 05:11:44 PM
:tu: :cheers:
Still waiting! Been in transit for 4 days now.

Somewhat worried they lost it! Expected delivery was last Friday.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 12:20:44 PM by Poncho65 »

us Offline raistlin65

• No Life Club
  • An Alox SAK Made Me Do It!
Reply #22120 on: December 04, 2017, 05:15:28 PM
Still waiting! Been in transit for 4 days now.

Somewhat worried they lost it! Expected delivery was last Friday.

Might be all of the Cyber Monday week online sales traffic throwing it off. Sometimes the carriers do seem to get confused at this time of the year.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 12:21:44 PM by Poncho65 »

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #22121 on: December 04, 2017, 05:27:53 PM
I think USPS are struggling to keep up with mail volumes at the moment.  I had a large box of MTs posted to me from Portland (no, not from Leatherman, from Matt) on the 17th, and it promptly disappeared (well, was untracked) until today - so was "missing in action" for 17 days.
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #22122 on: December 04, 2017, 05:37:06 PM
Crkt sangrador

sexy looking!  :tu:

"sangrador" means "bleeder" (as "the one that makes you bleed") in my language, Spanish. Appropriate name for such Pig Sticker!  :salute:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #22123 on: December 04, 2017, 06:55:35 PM
Slow mail around these times.  I try not to order much as I have a hard time waiting as it is.
Esse Quam Videri

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #22124 on: December 05, 2017, 07:10:01 PM
Slow mail around these times.  I try not to order much as I have a hard time waiting as it is.

and more packages stopped. It's a fact...and one that affected the  :drool: new knife en route to here that was sent by Nix. Message from yesterday, it's being held by customs.

That means money, time, bureaucracy, sweat and many ugly words in the near future    :rant:  >:(
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #22125 on: December 05, 2017, 11:16:21 PM
Finally! Worth the wait, it's brand new other than missing the bit.

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #22126 on: December 08, 2017, 02:07:26 PM
I think USPS are struggling to keep up with mail volumes at the moment.  I had a large box of MTs posted to me from Portland (no, not from Leatherman, from Matt) on the 17th, and it promptly disappeared (well, was untracked) until today - so was "missing in action" for 17 days.

This box did eventually turn up at my house in Australia, but it had obviously been VERY wet, and for some time.  The box had gone all soft, and there was mould  on paper inside, and several of the tools had started to rust (grrrr).  It had been wrapped in plastic (after being well soaked).  My guess is that after it got wet (really, really wet), the good folk at USPS left it sitting around for a couple of weeks in an effort to "dry" it out, then wrapped it in light plastic and forwarded it on.  Of course this didn't do the contents any good at all :(  No explanation or apology from USPS.  I'm speculating that if it hadn't been tracked and insured it would have gone missing permanently.

When it arrived in Australia AusPost thought it looked so bad they placed it in a strong plastic bag with a sticker stating it had arrived in this condition.

My international package woes continue.  I recently ordered a car part form England and the only shipping option was express via Fedex which cost GBP 40.00   I thought this was rather expensive, but if it gets here quickly then I can cope with that.  I was surprised when I checked on the tracking data to see it had gone from the UK to Memphis (yes, in the USA).  I was even less impressed when the next tracking update said it was at the delivery destination: AGUADILLA, PR   This is  a small town on the west coast of the Central American Island of Puerto Rico.  At first the seller was blaming Fedex for the stuff-up, but now it seems it was an error on the part of the sender.  I have had several emails with the seller, telling them I was unimpressed with paying £40 for an express delivery which went to the totally wrong country but while apologetic they don't seem to care enough to do anything that doesn't involve me paying the full amount and waiting more for something I should already have.  I have lost enthusiasm over the whole thing, so I have asked for a refund of the total amount paid.

babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #22127 on: December 09, 2017, 01:47:41 AM
Bummer..... 
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 12:24:12 PM by Poncho65 »

us Offline Stormdrane

• No Life Club
  • Be Prepared
Reply #22128 on: December 10, 2017, 05:26:40 PM
A Kershaw PT-2 multitool was delivered in today's mail (Sunday morning) by the USPS. I thought they were sending it by pack mule since it'd taken more than two weeks to get from Virginia to Georgia...  :whistle:

us Offline Stormdrane

• No Life Club
  • Be Prepared
Reply #22129 on: December 10, 2017, 10:20:01 PM
And got around to taking a size comparison photo of the newly arrived Kershaw PT-2 with my Gerber Shard and Leatherman Brewzer...

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #22130 on: December 11, 2017, 12:28:19 PM
And got around to taking a size comparison photo of the newly arrived Kershaw PT-2 with my Gerber Shard and Leatherman Brewzer...
(Image removed from quote.)

I didn't know about that Kershaw, looks nice.    :tu:
More multi-purpose than their "K" shaped tool.
Worthy Shard substitute?   :think:
My toys:

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #22131 on: December 13, 2017, 04:56:20 AM
A matte black Fisher Space pen from Amazon and a Squirt S4 and a a Style PS from an eBay auction.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #22132 on: December 13, 2017, 05:37:34 AM
Military thermal pant liners for this freaking cold weather..
JR

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Reply #22133 on: December 14, 2017, 07:40:58 AM
Bladeless mp600 and victorinox jetsetter

us Offline raistlin65

• No Life Club
  • An Alox SAK Made Me Do It!
Reply #22134 on: December 14, 2017, 06:18:34 PM
Military thermal pant liners for this freaking cold weather..
JR

I hear ya. Looked at my phone weather this morning around 9 am and it said 3 degrees F. I was like what? It's the middle of December. Not supposed to be this cold yet.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #22135 on: December 14, 2017, 07:15:56 PM
arrived today
IMG_20171214_182800.jpg
* IMG_20171214_182800.jpg (Filesize: 153.76 KB)
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #22136 on: December 14, 2017, 07:27:57 PM
Today the windchill was in the single digits and I had to clean up the snow drift and other little things, normally I’ll just wear a pair of sweatpants under a pair of jeans, I had a pair of work bibs that were great but they were stiff and tight so you had to like walk around like you were duct taped. My only worrie of these are if they are too warm, cause that’s the same liner in my jacket and if I work to hard I’ll be soaked!
JR
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 12:25:01 PM by Poncho65 »

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #22137 on: December 15, 2017, 01:27:35 AM
All I wear for the cold weather here is a pair of Patagonia capilene lightweight long underwear and jeans, if it's windy or below 10F I'll wear my waterproof breathable shell pants over those. Below zero then I'll wear heavier long underwear and fleece pants under the shell.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 12:25:57 PM by Poncho65 »

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #22138 on: December 15, 2017, 02:59:27 AM
When I was younger I hated cold weather, heck I even wore thermals and logger wool socks, and that was even in middle school, but when I was in field I had a special thermal underwear, they were blue and twice as thick as those normal white thermal underwear, those things were freaking WARM! Those under a pair of blue jeans, and a pair of bibs, OMG, I was on top of a building (a Home Depot) it was single digits with 45mph winds, the face was numb, the upper body chilly yet the legs and butt roasting! I wish I knew what those were,
JR
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 12:26:55 PM by Poncho65 »

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #22139 on: December 15, 2017, 07:17:30 PM

When I was younger I hated cold weather, heck I even wore thermals and logger wool socks, and that was even in middle school, but when I was in field I had a special thermal underwear, they were blue and twice as thick as those normal white thermal underwear, those things were freaking WARM! Those under a pair of blue jeans, and a pair of bibs, OMG, I was on top of a building (a Home Depot) it was single digits with 45mph winds, the face was numb, the upper body chilly yet the legs and butt roasting! I wish I knew what those were,
JR

Would they have been Damart by any chance ?  I had some I used to wear in winter on my bike (Yamaha 1100), they didn't keep my knees warm, but the rest of my legs were OK.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%