Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What do we have on the way?

Benner · 26149 · 1392276

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Re: What do we have on the way?
Reply #90 on: December 08, 2007, 10:46:47 AM
I have never wanted any other tool as much . Nearly wore out the carpet walking up and down waiting for the postie  :mail:  So excited I even sent Mr. Robert Elsener  some pics and questions  :D  Didnt realize they were numbered on the blade  :o   :drool:   :ahhh
  Going to start a thread a bit later with more pics  :D

Dunc

Kinda kills this thread though. Everything else we might post about will pale in comparison  ;) :D

Whoops  ;)

Dunc

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #91 on: December 08, 2007, 10:51:58 AM
Cor you even sound guilty, dunc :D
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

Offline FredKJ

Reply #92 on: December 08, 2007, 11:55:52 AM
Well I had looked at the Wenger Tool Chest and wanted a Wenger.  But after reading the comparison of it in SOSAK I saw the compass and magnifier werent that good.  They seemed to add unneeded bulk.  Then I read Def's review of the EvoGrip S557 in SOSAK and just had to have it.  I found it, the black and red version at the following link for $44.10:

http://americanesuperstore.stores.yahoo.net/mow16813.html

What made this such a nice knife to me was not only the slip joint pliers but the locking knife, screwdrivers and the universal wrench.  Rather than just seeing how many gizmos it can have it seems to rate for me useful and robust tools.  Can't wait for it to come!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #93 on: December 08, 2007, 02:44:24 PM
There's another review of it from our own Tom Munch posted on SOSAK as well, but since you've already ordered it, this will probably just serve to torment you a little bit more... but then torment is what this site is all about! :P

http://www.sosakonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=149&Itemid=35

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #94 on: December 08, 2007, 04:53:21 PM
I have a feeling I'm getting the Bear Grylls Bayley knife! My girlfriend went to my moms house and said she saw something with Bayley in a bag going to be hid! I can only hope!
B

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #95 on: December 08, 2007, 06:19:36 PM
I have a feeling I'm getting the Bear Grylls Bayley knife! My girlfriend went to my moms house and said she saw something with Bayley in a bag going to be hid! I can only hope!

Sorry to disappoint; they were getting that for me  ;)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline FredKJ

Reply #96 on: December 09, 2007, 02:15:31 AM
There's another review of it from our own Tom Munch posted on SOSAK as well, but since you've already ordered it, this will probably just serve to torment you a little bit more... but then torment is what this site is all about! :P

http://www.sosakonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=149&Itemid=35

Def

You're cruel.  I'm supposed to get support here.    :ahhh It will be the end of this coming week before I see it.  Just taunt me with pictures.  I ordered a couple of mini-screwdrivers so I have one to put in the cork screw.  Don't use a cork screw much so it can be a holder.  Those screw drivers can come in handy.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #97 on: December 09, 2007, 02:17:44 AM
The corkscrew is also good at untying knots.

As for support, well it's like having an AA meeting at a wine tasting party! :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #98 on: December 09, 2007, 02:22:00 AM

man! you must have  been a good boy, isn't that like a 700 peso cheese cutter!
gf have any sisters?! (for micky)

Offline FredKJ

Reply #99 on: December 09, 2007, 02:27:19 AM
The corkscrew is also good at untying knots.

As for support, well it's like having an AA meeting at a wine tasting party! :D

Def

So where do you stop.  The Giant isn't really useful and that's about as far as it goes.  The S557 really has a leap in innovations packed together on it.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #100 on: December 09, 2007, 02:31:25 AM
I usually stop when the money runs out, which is often!

Fortunately, there's always a new paycheck on the horizon for a workaholic like me!

Def

us Offline Viking

• J-sews Fan Club-- Member #0001
Reply #101 on: December 09, 2007, 03:57:38 AM
I don't know if this thread includes knives or not but I just order three:

Buck Strider
Benchmade Mini-Ambush
Benchmade Vex Tanto

All are Christmas present to me. :D

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #102 on: December 09, 2007, 09:06:44 AM
Sounds like a good Christmas to me!

I've only got one Benchmade left- the Panther.  I love it.  Might need to get myself another one sometime.  Always liked their stuff!

Def

Offline FredKJ

Reply #103 on: December 09, 2007, 01:21:12 PM
In case Benner gets the magpie syndrome here is were I got the S557 for $44.10.  Seemed to be the best price I found.

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #104 on: December 09, 2007, 01:27:09 PM
In case Benner gets the magpie syndrome here is were I got the S557 for $44.10.  Seemed to be the best price I found.

Not today thank you.  :D

See, I do have will power.
I'm back!!

Offline FredKJ

Reply #105 on: December 09, 2007, 01:35:54 PM
sure you do...  Just take a look.  It's that cool black and red version.  Did you ever see such a combination of useful tools with that slick blade locking.  You can make Package from Santa come.  Hey, if I am going to be tormented I will dish it out myself.

:sak:

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #106 on: December 09, 2007, 01:39:08 PM
sure you do...  Just take a look.  It's that cool black and red version.  Did you ever see such a combination of useful tools with that slick blade locking.  You can make Package from Santa come.  Hey, if I am going to be tormented I will dish it out myself.

I've still got a few packages to receive yet, and one of those is a rived PST.  So I am good at the moment.

I'm determined to make no more purchases till next year (so looks like I will be doing lots of trades then ;))
I'm back!!

Offline FredKJ

Reply #107 on: December 09, 2007, 01:46:36 PM

I've still got a few packages to receive yet, and one of those is a rived PST.  So I am good at the moment.

I'm determined to make no more purchases till next year (so looks like I will be doing lots of trades then ;))

It's all about willpower.  Still I can't wait till I get my package. 

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #108 on: December 09, 2007, 01:52:01 PM

When it comes to sharp things I have none I'm afraid.  I never had a problem till I came on here.  Let that be a lesson to all you newbies out there.  Run away while you still can!  :D
I'm back!!

Offline FredKJ

Reply #109 on: December 09, 2007, 02:10:16 PM

Perhaps it's too late.  You were supposed to warn be before this.

There is a house in New Orleans
They call the Rising Sun
And it's been the ruin of many a poor boy
And God I know I'm one

Oh mother tell your children
Not to do what I have done
Spend your lives in sin and misery
In the House of the Rising Sun

When it comes to sharp things I have none I'm afraid.  I never had a problem till I came on here.  Let that be a lesson to all you newbies out there.  Run away while you still can!  :D

Offline FredKJ

Reply #110 on: December 09, 2007, 03:17:51 PM

I must remember to put things outside the quote, lol.

Perhaps it's too late.  You were supposed to warn be before this.

There is a house in New Orleans
They call the Rising Sun
And it's been the ruin of many a poor boy
And God I know I'm one

Oh mother tell your children
Not to do what I have done
Spend your lives in sin and misery
In the House of the Rising Sun

us Offline Viking

• J-sews Fan Club-- Member #0001
Reply #111 on: December 09, 2007, 05:17:47 PM

I've only got one Benchmade left- the Panther.  I love it.  Might need to get myself another one sometime.  Always liked their stuff!

Def

Yeah, I love their stuff too.  I've been carrying a Benchmade Mini-Grip for work for the last few months and have found that I've left the Kershaw Blur behind.  I love the Blur, but for stripping the big wire, the mini-Grip is the perfect size.  Plus, I've found I can use it with big bulky gloves on.  (It's been sub-zero for temps here the past few weeks)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #112 on: December 09, 2007, 06:35:14 PM
You too huh?  Price we pay for living in Canada!

I have been more and more into the Rescue type tools lately, so I may look into the BM rescue tools, just to see how they compare.

I don't think I've actually bought a BM since before they got into fixed blades!

Def

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #113 on: December 10, 2007, 02:03:45 AM

Def

Yeah, I love their stuff too.  I've been carrying a Benchmade Mini-Grip for work for the last few months and have found that I've left the Kershaw Blur behind.  I love the Blur, but for stripping the big wire, the mini-Grip is the perfect size.  Plus, I've found I can use it with big bulky gloves on.  (It's been sub-zero for temps here the past few weeks)

I did a search for Benchmade Mini-Grip and came up with this picture:

Is that right? Does it come with either a thumb stud or a thumb hole?
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #114 on: December 10, 2007, 02:26:16 AM
yes J-Sews, just different model numbers. Some people like holes, some don't (theirs a joke there I know it)

I like em both (no jokes please) and I have a regular size grip and a Benchmade 710 in D2 steel;

BM have a system called "the axis lock" on their folders, you people in the UK would be in serious trouble
but you pull down the button and with a flick of the wrist, "snap" it opens up (or closes that way too)
which is really nice if your other hand is busy/loaded. and it also opens and closes manually too,
using the hole or stud.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #115 on: December 10, 2007, 02:29:53 AM
yes J-Sews, just different model numbers. Some people like holes, some don't (theirs a joke there I know it)

Thanks!   (strains to resist making wisecrack)  :-X

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #116 on: December 11, 2007, 07:25:32 AM
okay now I have a black Spirit (born poor black child) and a blast and a red farmer coming in! whooo hooo!

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #117 on: December 11, 2007, 12:53:20 PM
Well I've just received my riveted PST this morning.  It's lovely!  :drool: :drool:
I'm back!!

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #118 on: December 11, 2007, 01:41:14 PM
Well I've just received my riveted PST this morning.  It's lovely!  :drool: :drool:
Lucky you mate, I take it your happy with it :D
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #119 on: December 11, 2007, 01:50:14 PM
Lucky you mate, I take it your happy with it :D

It's very nice.

It will actually be my first drawer/shelf queen as well. 
I'm back!!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD