Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Need help with Wenger ID

za Offline meanx

Need help with Wenger ID
on: June 27, 2011, 09:38:50 PM
Found this little beauty today but after much searching I still can't find a name or no. for it,hope somebody can help me.
Its basically an Entree with a saw there's also no toothpick and tweezers and the saw has no nail nick,all the tools has excellent snap (especially for a Wenger) I'm not a big Wenger fan but this one I really like.

Rest is not idleness,
and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer's day,
listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky,
is by no means a waste of time

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Re: Need help with Wenger ID
Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 09:53:42 PM
Smartknives calls it the Wenger lumberjack, as does an article on sosak, but I'm not sure it's the real name. :think: Great find. :tu:

za Offline meanx

Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 10:09:25 PM
Thanks for that mate  :salute: well the name lumberjack will suit it real nice,hopefully we can find it in some catalog to confirm that or get the no.
Rest is not idleness,
listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky,

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 01:05:28 AM
All together now.....ITS a lumberjack and its all right
                           its a SAK at day and it,,,,,eh yeh lets just stop there ::)
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 03:05:32 PM
Currently Wenger has put a number of there smaller basic models under the 'Classic' series.  Wenger is currently refering to this knife as the Classic 66 (1.66.49).  It probably had an earlier name.

NOTE: one difference is the new Classic 66 contains the toothpick and tweezers according to Wenger's website.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 03:11:49 PM by ICanFixThat »

za Offline meanx

Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 06:35:11 PM
Thanks Francis never cease to amaze me how you come up with the right answer every time,can you please edit the SAKWiki entry for me,still need to learn how to edit on SAKWiki. 
Rest is not idleness,

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: July 01, 2011, 12:34:23 AM
No problem!  That's a nice find.  The Lumberjack is a very popular model, you would think that this one would be too.  I like the addition of the corkscrew as that's a handy tool to have  :); but the smooth spine is also very nice on the Lumberjack.

Edited your image desc. and made a knife page for this model. 

Editing image desc. is very easy, browse image in gallery and either click edit icon under thumbnail, then edit/save text at bottom of image; or when viewing image in browse-mode click 'edit image' button top right. and do the same.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%