Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Western Movies

Offline Kapt Kopter

Western Movies
on: September 02, 2006, 10:38:59 PM
I am a big fan of westerns and can't seem to miss one when they are on t.v.
Any other western fans out there and if so what are your favourites?

Some of my favs include

Magnificent Seven
For a Few Dollars More
Death Rides a Horse
Good the Bad and the Ugly
Once upon a Time in the West
My name is Nobody

I could go on and on......right now Return of the Seven is on followed by Hombre
Last night I watched a Audie Murphy movie I had never seen and it was quite good..No Name on the Bullet

Kap
I

ca Online Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Western Movies
Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 06:21:34 PM
This probably doesn't count much, but my absolute favorite western movie is "Blazing Saddles."

I was also pretty fond of "Unforgiven" and most of Squinty's old stuff.  The remake of "The Quick and the Dead" made me want to fill a 10 gallon hat with vomit.
Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline space cowboy

Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 11:05:38 PM
Awwww heck DEF those are cool Westerns also. That poor lass shooting a hole in that Honcho was more than worth the price of admission! ;D

ca Online Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 01:32:15 AM
I am not a big fan of Sharon Stone to begin with.  She has made a career on her looks, which to be honest, I find extremely lacking.  I swear, she only acts in a movie long enough to find a way to make her clothes fall off.  If I want to see naked women for the sake of naked women, I'll download a nasty movie and save myself two hours.  Beyond her unimpressive nudity, there really is nothing else.  As an actress, she is sub par, which is saying alot these days since many actresses are cast for their bazooms than anything else. 

Ditto with Leonardo DiCaprio, who is basically a (semi) male version of that bubble head Paris Hilton.
So when idiots like those two get top billing in a movie, and the special effects are done by a guy who still plays with a Colecovision, well, we aren;t exactly talking about Shakespeare now are we?

Now Blazing Saddles on the other hand... that's a classic!  From the German speaking native Americans to the toll booth in the middle of the desert to the infamous Lilly Von Schtupp (RIP Madeline Kahn- she will be missed) all the way to the man and the horse being hanged together, that was one of the finest mockeries of westerns ever made.  Of course, in today's world you could never get a movie like that made.

But no one was ever half the tough guy that Clint Eastwood was in his younger days- not even the Duke.  The Duke was the man, but Squint was the legend in my books.  Hell, the Duke showed a soft side when he was with the ladies, while Eastwood was as tough as a dried up piece of leather no matter what.  Nowadays he might be doing more touchy feely movies, but back in the day, he was the kind of guy that even Lorne Greene wouldn't mess with!
Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline colubrid

Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 05:19:25 AM
Tombstone

"I'm your Huckleberry"

Offline Kapt Kopter

Reply #5 on: September 04, 2006, 05:23:24 AM
Classic line from Val Kilmer as Doc Holliday....................he was great in that movie, in fact I think he stole the show from Kurt Russell

Kap
I

Offline ZenEngineer

• Lifetime Leatherman User
Reply #6 on: September 11, 2006, 09:51:56 PM
Conagher
Support Your Local Sheriff
The Frisco Kid
Stagecoach
Lonesome Dove
El Dorado

As the film that best shows life as a cowboy, then Conagher is the best western ever made.

Offline colubrid

Reply #7 on: September 12, 2006, 02:26:22 AM
Conagher
Support Your Local Sheriff
The Frisco Kid
Stagecoach
Lonesome Dove
El Dorado

As the film that best shows life as a cowboy, then Conagher is the best western ever made.

Looks like we have a western movie afficianado in our midst. I will have to rent Conagher. Never even heard of that one.

Which other one would you reccomend?

Offline ZenEngineer

Reply #8 on: September 12, 2006, 09:09:38 PM

Looks like we have a western movie afficianado in our midst. I will have to rent Conagher. Never even heard of that one.

Which other one would you reccomend?

Stagecoach is a classic that shouldn't be missed.  Support Your Local Sheriff and The Frisco Kid are fun films, similar to Silverado in their look at western life.  Lonesome Dove is an experience unto itself.  El Dorado is a guilty pleasure of mine.  Even though I've seen it dozen's of times, if it comes on TV I watch it again.  John Wayne, Robert Mitchum, James Caan, it's hard to go wrong with a movie like that.

Conagher was a made for TV movie for TNT in 1991.  It was a pet project of Sam Elliot and his wife Kate Ross.  They did a great job with a simple tale of an aging cow puncher and a pioneer family, with exellent locations, period lighting, and good pacing.

Offline Sharpdogs

Reply #9 on: September 13, 2006, 04:48:54 PM
All time favorite, Josey Whales (sp?).  I know it's not a true western but my other favorite is Last of the Mohicans.
w

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #10 on: September 14, 2006, 04:12:55 AM
Josey Wales: When I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long.
Indian: I notice when you get to dislikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

sigh. They just don't make'm like that any more.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #11 on: September 15, 2006, 03:58:00 AM
Western movies? This is my all-time greatest favorite:

True Grit.jpg
* True Grit.jpg (Filesize: 64.21 KB)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline colubrid

Reply #12 on: September 15, 2006, 06:35:53 AM
I forgot about True Grit. What a classic. JW was way overdue for the academys best actor award.

Offline ZenEngineer

Reply #13 on: September 15, 2006, 05:32:00 PM
True Grit is a classic and I watch it any time it's shown on TV.

Offline Kapt Kopter

Reply #14 on: September 22, 2006, 02:03:44 AM
I had a chance to watch the second movie of True Grit.....Rooster Cogburn........another great movie maybe even better than True Grit :o,Wayne and Hepburn made a great match for each other and it appeared they enjoyed doing the movie. :D
I have seen both many times and still enjoyem! ;D

Kap
I

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24