Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

"Camping" camping

ca Offline Beerplumber

• No Life Club
"Camping" camping
on: July 03, 2011, 09:17:31 PM
Seems we don't actually have a camping thread, and I don't mean survival trips which seems pretty exhausted.(or exhausting!)  tents, sleeping bags, fire starters, coolers, vehicles and of course multis' are all important when getting away for the weekend. My latest faves' are my "nev r dull" fire starter and my 600 w eliminator both came in super handy this weekend. I'm also loving my air mattress with built in pump. I still need a good stove but am split between naphtha and propane.

ca Offline Beerplumber

• No Life Club
"Camping" camping
Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 10:09:46 PM
I put this in the break room so maybe share some adventures and stories too.  This weekend I used an old skim board and a wakeboard tow line and sent my buddy into the river tied onto the back of my truck.  It was neither failure or success as "shredding" did not occur but said buddy is safe and sound!  Redneck entertainment at it's best.

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
  • You will not laugh! You will not cry!
Re: "Camping" camping
Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 10:20:42 PM
Have you seen The Outdoor Edge part of the forum?
http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/board,19.0.html
There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 11:22:42 PM
I was supposed to camp out last night, but the sea was a bit rough.

A friend of mine and I decided to paddle our kayaks out to a small island in St Margaret's Bay and camp overnight on a small island we'd "discovered" the day before.  Unfortunately rough seas, laden kayaks and my friend's flat water boat conspired to make the 4km trip out to the island too risky.

In case anyone wants to see it:

We started our trip at Sea Sun Kayak ltd and were headed towards Wood Island but only made it halfway before we had to turn back, or my friend was likely to get swamped.

However, we had been going to spend the night in a couple of tents with a couple of sleeping bags, no camp stove, just an open fire, the way camping was supposed to be.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 11:20:52 PM
I put this in the break room so maybe share some adventures and stories too.  This weekend I used an old skim board and a wakeboard tow line and sent my buddy into the river tied onto the back of my truck.  It was neither failure or success as "shredding" did not occur but said buddy is safe and sound!  Redneck entertainment at it's best.
When it came to stuff like that I was usually the idiot in the river. Before I matured, and by that I mean married.  :drink: :drink: :drink:
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

us Offline turnsouth

• No Life Club
  • There is no spoon
Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 12:27:39 AM

However, we had been going to spend the night in a couple of tents with a couple of sleeping bags, no camp stove, just an open fire, the way camping was supposed to be.

Def

You young fellers, with your fancy tents. Why in my day...
Never underestimate the power of the fleece

us Offline tattoosteve99

• Absolutely No Life Club
"Camping" camping
Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 03:22:46 AM
Seems we don't actually have a camping thread, and I don't mean survival trips which seems pretty exhausted.(or exhausting!)  tents, sleeping bags, fire starters, coolers, vehicles and of course multis' are all important when getting away for the weekend. My latest faves' are my "nev r dull" fire starter and my 600 w eliminator both came in super handy this weekend. I'm also loving my air mattress with built in pump. I still need a good stove but am split between naphtha and propane.
That's the I go survival camping. Lol. If I had less than that it would be a holocaust.
If I remember correctly, wait, what was I saying?

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011, 05:45:56 AM
I'm really jonesing for a good camping or hiking trip.  I have all this gear that is perfect for it, but I never have time to go.

ca Offline Beerplumber

• No Life Club
"Camping" camping
Reply #8 on: July 05, 2011, 08:04:26 PM
The "eliminator" is my new item this year it is really nice to have power if needed. Mostly just use it to pump up said air mattress. Got it at Canadian tire for $40 on sale. Next purchase will be patio lanterns and more fold out chairs. The cheap chairs seem disposable now. I used my multi steady, carry a spirit on my belt and surge! In the truck for backup. Used the spirit to check fuses in a neighbor camper! The guy said "hey you look like someone who might have a Multitool!" jeez am I that obvious?

ca Offline Beerplumber

• No Life Club
"Camping" camping
Reply #9 on: September 03, 2011, 07:11:06 PM
Going camping tonight!

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #10 on: September 03, 2011, 07:30:21 PM
Missed this thread before.  I really don't get out camping nearly as much as I used to do, and when I do it's normally one of my silly winter hikes.  In fact the only 'car camping' I've done this year was for the meet-ups, and I realised that all my gear is aimed towards light and portable and not necessarily most comfortable.  Still I do have a couple of folding fabric chairs so at least I wasn't sitting on the ground. :D

Going camping tonight!

have fun mate. :cheers:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline Heinz Doofenshmirtz

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: September 05, 2011, 05:22:07 PM
When it came to stuff like that I was usually the idiot in the river. Before I matured, and by that I mean married.  :drink: :drink: :drink:
[/quote]

Amen brother!!!   :rofl:
The first Noble Truth: life is suffering.  Only by accepting that fact can we transcend it.

ca Offline Beerplumber

• No Life Club
"Camping" camping
Reply #12 on: September 05, 2011, 05:48:10 PM
Tried to catch a shot of a rocky mountain sunset.  Had a good camping trip, I'm not usually all about paid campgrounds but this was really nice on a lake.  Neighbour came over looking for a can opener lol the Swiss Spirit made short work of said can among other duties.  I'm seriously considering getting away from air matress', near impossible to find a slow leak and wifey and I always wake up sunk in the middle bums on ground.  I've seen alternatives but not much geared towards coupled or double sized beds.  Anyways I still can't believe anyone finds themselves camping with a SAK or multi of some kind.

us Offline tattoosteve99

"Camping" camping
Reply #13 on: September 05, 2011, 06:14:38 PM
That's beautiful. Nice pic. Glad you have fun.
If I remember correctly, wait, what was I saying?

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
  • You will not laugh! You will not cry!
Reply #14 on: September 06, 2011, 10:29:23 PM
Just came home from a trip in the mountains where we climbed a mountain that had this beautiful view at 2000 meters that I took with my phone, didn't bother to break out the DSLR for this :P
There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives.

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #15 on: September 06, 2011, 11:56:41 PM
That is some damn good lookin fog ya got there.  :pok:
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%