Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

How do you carry your Multi?

Mercury · 44 · 11042

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: How do you carry your Multi?
Reply #30 on: October 12, 2013, 07:50:15 PM
I wear kakhi pants for work, so wearing a pouch is usually out of the question.  For minimalist carry with dress pants/suit, usually this is how I do it nowadays:  :D

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #31 on: October 14, 2013, 02:12:10 PM
and one more for you CanadianLMfan.

Thank you! I just saw that. :salute:
No problem.

sent from my mobile

Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
Reply #32 on: October 14, 2013, 05:14:51 PM
I have a Maxpedition Fatty Pocket Organizer holding my Spirit X, which is inside my Maxpedition Jumbo Versipack.

The front pouch on the flap of the Jumbo holds my keys, to which is attached my SOG Crosscut.

I don't want this to sound like a Maxpedition commercial or anything. It's just what I'm using at the moment. I am strongly considering going to a smaller bag, and maybe a size down on organizer as well.

EDIT: As to WHY... I was getting tired of digging through my purse to find stuff, so I'm trying out the Maxpedition stuff for greater organization.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 05:16:22 PM by Lynn LeFey »

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #33 on: October 14, 2013, 05:47:22 PM
work day carry of my wave or Swisstool in their respective sheaths either at 10 or 2 attached to my tool belt.

off day carry; paratool in right front pocket in a leatherman slip sheath, PPP in its sheath at 8, the juice i just got was going into a little pouch with a Vic and was either R front or R rear pocket.  my new Spirit was recently carried in its sheath at 8

Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Reply #34 on: October 15, 2013, 07:49:32 AM
Wow, thread necro! 

I'm still carrying my multi in a leather sheath at 9 o clock.  My smartphone is now too large for any belt holster(samsung gs3) so it rides in my right front pocket, and the only thing that goes there with it is my flashlight, clipped to the pocket.

I still can't stand carrying any knives or multis in my pockets.  I tried carrying my juice under my wallet in my left front pocket, but it drove me nuts. 

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: October 15, 2013, 03:36:51 PM
My SAK is carried on a Monroe Dangler , my Plier based tools ; either manbag , or belt pouch . On heavy duty works , I've carried my MUT by means of the pocket clip .

Chris

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #36 on: October 16, 2013, 03:29:19 AM
My MT are carried in my rear pocket next to my wallet.  SAK is the right front pocket, either in the change pocket in my work pants, and belt lanyard method for jeans (or watch pocket sometimes).  I'm thinking I'd like to get the P-7 Suspension clip, or something along those lines.
K-Tibbs

us Offline detron

• Tool Carrying Linux User
Reply #37 on: October 16, 2013, 03:37:52 AM
Skinth Shield 2XL,  Sak in opposite front pocket with a pocket clip.
the backpack I carry every day has a Surge in a MOLLE sheath
(sometimes I have a multi hooked to my boot) 
If I can help, let me know 

au Offline PPCAPache

Reply #38 on: November 03, 2013, 12:46:33 PM
Used to carry my LM Rebar, LM Removable Bit Driver, Craftright Torx wrench, Craftright 100mm Wrench in an old Neoprene camera case on my Belt RS and with the LM Micra in my RF pocket next to my Car Key.

I now carry my LM Surge, 21 Bit kit (All the main bits I use are now on one card), LM Removable Saw T-Bit, Led Lenser P3 and LM Micra in a Skinth OG Black sheath on my belt RS, the P3 goes in the left side tube and the Micra in the right side tube.

Founder & Chief UAV Pilot at Elevated Drone Control Zone

Rotation EDC: LM MUT, LM OHT, Fenix LD12 / LD22, Benchmade Mini Griptilian, Bit Card, Bit Extender, TEC Ti-Pry Bar, Garmin Tactix Delta, LM Tread LT, iPhone XS Max, iPad Pro (2020) 12.9”,

Other EDC: LM Surge, LM Wave, LM Wave BO, Skeletool & Skeletool KBX Coyote Tan, The RIT [Rapid Intervention Tool], Zippo Lighter,

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #39 on: November 03, 2013, 02:31:14 PM
It varies a lot for me depending on what I'm doing and where I am, working in the UK, Spartan in the left front pocket and Maxped mini in the bag with the Rebar in it. At home I pretty much live in 5.11 TacLite Pro's so a SAK goes in the left hand velcroed magazine pocket with either a swiss champ or MT on the left hip.

Out shooting, MT is small of back, other fixed blade right hip.
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

us Offline Bensasupertool

• No Life Club
  • Be like The Rifleman
Reply #40 on: November 04, 2013, 06:33:31 AM

The Skinths I have,have really changed how I carry MT's and other tools in general. Its a lot more streamline and comfortible. Before winning Eric's Sharpshooter giveaway, my pockets were a mess with the tools I'd carry on work orders during the day. I only had a few days with the new Sharpshooter on the job before I was injured. During that few days it proved itself as EDC gold for my work needs. I wear it clipped into the left front pocket. I tried it clipped to the belt on the 4 to 5 o'clock position. With the weight of what I carry and with any kneeling in it, it pulls the pants down to show my coin slot.  :o  So the clipped pocket carry suits me and everyone else better. Another upside is no more worn out back pockets from side cutting pliers.

For years Ive always had a utility knife clipped in my right pocket. Long before I even thought of carrying a multi tool. So If Im going light on the EDC gear, or loafing around the house something clipped is riding along there. Thats purely out of habit to do so.

Since starting the collection and carry of Victorinox this summer. Its been mostly left pocket carry and a bit of a bummer. It dosent feel natural in the pocket for me. Upto 3 layers is fine. 4 layers or more is bulky for my pockets. I've tried 4 layer SAK carry in LM sheaths with no luck. It can be done but the ease of use is poor. Especially getting the SAK or MT back in the sheath.

The Skinth Shield XL fixed all that mess. My right side hip at the 4 to 5 o'clock position has never been happier for EDC MT's. Having a SAK and a MT folder in one spot is simply tidy.  Also, the one piece tools have come together to make EDC on the hip even better.

I do still enjoy the solo hip carry. The most simple and effective carry I seem to be getting away from. I guess I like to reserve that for the old retired LM's. A no nonsense carry next to the tool chest Im trying to carry. Plus Im not going to worry about losing one of the many things being carried. Also, I can enjoy or appreciate the solo tool more than a complex method of carry. For now, to hell with that. Papa's got a brand new Skinth bag to stuff full of smurf.

Excusethe excessive Skinth love. Just luck of the draw im partial to Skinth products. Mainly how there is an option for a heavy duty clip on the sheath. Its better suited for my needs and less restrictive than a belt loop.
10660703286_90ee67235b_c.jpg
* 10660703286_90ee67235b_c.jpg (Filesize: 291.25 KB)
10660944073_195814342f_c.jpg
* 10660944073_195814342f_c.jpg (Filesize: 232.27 KB)
10660778815_d00cc66c8d_c.jpg
* 10660778815_d00cc66c8d_c.jpg (Filesize: 290.65 KB)
10660873614_a2dbe35ecf_c.jpg
* 10660873614_a2dbe35ecf_c.jpg (Filesize: 295.04 KB)
CHECK YOUR SMOKE DETECTOR BATTERIES!  Everyone Needs a Halligan Tool.

ca Offline Dem

Reply #41 on: November 04, 2013, 06:57:55 PM
I'm very nearly a giant, so most of the time I just stick the things in my left pocket. Usually a cybertool + something full-size (powerlock or original swisstool) alongside an 'ultrafire' AAA flashlight. Never really feels too cumbersome.

When wearing dress pants I pretty much cut that down to just pocket-carrying a Spirit.

I don't like sheaths, but I sort of wish I did --one consequence of carrying things pocket-only is that I really don't like carrying extra bits or extenders or the like unless they're held in the tool itself (and I'm a big fan of scissors so that excludes the MUT and skeletool from use, sadly.)

Dem

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #42 on: November 04, 2013, 07:41:35 PM
Well normally it would be a easy EDC carry, being as I would just carry a multitool and a flashlight, so my homemade leather sheath would take care of both, but now everything's just in my backpack, but I make sure the multitool and extras stay in easy access on the outside,, JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Reply #43 on: November 04, 2013, 07:46:59 PM
I carry a craftsman 4 way screwdriver on my Nite Ize key vault key chain in my right front pocket.
In my left front pocket I carry a LM Style CS and a Husky mini multi linked together with a rope key chain leveraged from an old flashlight.  That way I have pliers, scissors and a cheap tool for messy jobs.
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%