Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad by logging in.

So what are you listening to... 155443

Global Tuffy Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 28,102 Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Re: So what are you listining to...
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2007, 11:12:09 PM »

Lol no :D  I think it was that you mentioned having a house and kids, I just automatically thought of being older. I shall stop guessing peoples ages now as I'm obviously no good at it   ;)

I do yes. :)

I just cracked on with life a little quicker than I probably should have done.  :D

I'm back!!
Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club! Abandon all hope ye who enter here... Posts: 43,126 Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2007, 11:13:37 PM »

Lol no :D  I think it was that you mentioned having a house and kids, I just automatically thought of being older. I shall stop guessing peoples ages now as I'm obviously no good at it   ;)

I just cracked on with life a little quicker than I probably should have done.  :D
Nowt wrong with starting early mate, it just means you'll be younger when the kids move out and you can live again before you get to decrepid

Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!
Global Tuffy Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 28,102 Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2007, 11:16:21 PM »

Nowt wrong with starting early mate, it just means you'll be younger when the kids move out and you can live again before you get to decrepid

My thinking exactly.

Only 17.5 years till I get my life back again.   :D(well sort of)

I'm back!!
Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club! Abandon all hope ye who enter here... Posts: 43,126 Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2007, 11:18:32 PM »
You forgeting mate, you've got a daughter, so you'll never be free :D, why do you thin I stopped at just the one son? :D

Hero Member Posts: 967
« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2007, 11:18:38 PM »

My thinking exactly.

Bit longer than that I think. Wish I could have a house, but it looks an awful long way off. Just can't afford the silly house prices nowdays  :'(

[
Head Turd Polisher Administrator He who has the most nuts, wins! Posts: 57,805 Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2007, 11:19:44 PM »
Country?  That guy, dear boy, was the heart and soul of one of the best rock bands to ever see the light of day!

John Fogarty was Creedence Clearwater Revival!

Def

NEW!   NEW!   NEW!   NEW!   NEW!   NEW!   NEW!

NEW PRODUCTS ADDED DAILY!
« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2007, 11:20:32 PM »

My thinking exactly.

Bit longer than that I think. Wish I could have a house, but it looks an awful long way off. Just can't afford the silly house prices nowdays  :'(

I feel your pain my friend.  :(

I currently rent a shoebox of a 2 bedroom house and get mugged for £700 a month.  It's a struggle I can tell ya!

I'm back!!
« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2007, 11:22:21 PM »
Country?  That guy, dear boy, was the heart and soul of one of the best rock bands to ever see the light of day!

John Fogarty was Creedence Clearwater Revival!

Def
If you say so :D

Why is it that canadian music never seems to reach the mass market, (other than the obvious ones) I remember you saying that lifes particulaly harsh for canuck artists, but it seems like theres a lot of home grown talent that never reaches the world stage ???

« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2007, 11:26:36 PM »

My thinking exactly.

I feel your pain my friend.  :(

I currently rent a shoebox of a 2 bedroom house and get mugged for £700 a month.  It's a struggle I can tell ya!

Thats the trouble, you have to work your socks off, give all the money to bills, Gordon Brown and mortgage, and then try and save the rest for multi's.

I'm not looking forward to it  :(

[
« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2007, 11:28:27 PM »

Thats the trouble, you have to work your socks off, give all the money to bills, Gordon Brown and mortgage, and then try and save the rest for multi's.

You'll be fine mate.  Things work themselves out because they have to, and you get by somehow.

How old are ya then mate?

I'm back!!
« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2007, 11:29:10 PM »

You'll be fine mate.  Things work themselves out because they have to, and you get by somehow.

20  :(

[
« Reply #71 on: November 28, 2007, 11:29:30 PM »
Forget about trying to do it alone, unless your girlfriend's working as well, it's just not feasable unless a) you are on at least 32K a year if you wana live fairly comfortabley or b) get a house boat (something I'm seriously thinking about) >:(

« Reply #72 on: November 28, 2007, 11:30:10 PM »

That is so true ;)

« Reply #73 on: November 28, 2007, 11:30:56 PM »

So what are you doing now then?  Work wise I mean?

I'm back!!
« Reply #74 on: November 28, 2007, 11:33:21 PM »

That is so true ;)

You see, Mike knows what I mean.

You will manage somehow.  4 years ago I was thinking the same as you and look at me now!!  :D :D Skint, screaming kids, working all the hours god sends (apart from this week-holiday) and loving every minute.  :)

I'm back!!
« Reply #75 on: November 28, 2007, 11:36:42 PM »
So we've covered music, politics, and life in general, what else is left :D

« Reply #76 on: November 28, 2007, 11:37:50 PM »

How about we mention some multitools?  :D

I'm back!!
« Reply #77 on: November 28, 2007, 11:38:30 PM »

That would be different :D

« Reply #78 on: November 28, 2007, 11:39:17 PM »

So what are you doing now then?  Work wise I mean?

I work as an IT Engineer, fixing peoples/companies computers. Its not as well paid as most think it is and as I'm under 22 I was started off at a lower wage than most others but I am gradually getting more experienced. Hopefully I'll get somewhere in life  :-\

[
« Reply #79 on: November 28, 2007, 11:40:01 PM »

I think someone should start a discussion forum about them.  I'd join!  :D

I'm back!!
« Reply #80 on: November 28, 2007, 11:41:35 PM »

I work as an IT Engineer, fixing peoples/companies computers. Its not as well paid as most think it is and as I'm under 22 I was started off at a lower wage than most others but I am gradually getting more experienced. Hopefully I'll get somewhere in life  :-\

I know your problems mate.

I trained to be an electronic engineer for 3 years so I know it's a struggle.

I'm back!!
« Reply #81 on: November 28, 2007, 11:43:16 PM »
IT's still a growth industry so at least you'll have a bit of job security :)

« Reply #82 on: November 28, 2007, 11:43:36 PM »

Is that what you do now, don't sound too bad.

[
« Reply #83 on: November 28, 2007, 11:44:37 PM »

I think someone should start a discussion forum about them.  I'd join!  :D
:D :D :D

« Reply #84 on: November 28, 2007, 11:45:22 PM »

Erm............no.  :-\  But I only jacked it in to work with disabled kids, which is what I always really wanted to do.

I'm back!!
« Reply #85 on: November 28, 2007, 11:46:33 PM »
IT's still a growth industry so at least you'll have a bit of job security :)

Yeah thats one good thing about it, but its not the most exciting job in the world. When things go wrong theres usually quite a lot of pressure on getting it right but you get used to it, just like a lot of other jobs.

[
« Reply #86 on: November 28, 2007, 11:48:41 PM »
Congrates mate you've cracked the 200 mark :)

« Reply #87 on: November 28, 2007, 11:49:36 PM »
Way to go dude!!  :D

800 more till the no life club.

I'm back!!
« Reply #88 on: November 28, 2007, 11:50:52 PM »
It'll go fast at this rate :)

« Reply #89 on: November 28, 2007, 11:51:30 PM »

Erm............no.  :-\  But I only jacked it in to work with disabled kids, which is what I always really wanted to do.

Its great that you like doing it, always nice to see kids having a person to count on like yourself  :)

I know somebody who has worked for nearly 40 years and has recently got a job like yours working with disabled kids and he says it is the best job he has ever had.

[

Operational Funds

Keep the Unworkable working! Donate with PayPal!
November Goal: $275.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: $372.43
PayPal Fees: $22.89
Net Balance: $349.54
Above Goal: $74.54
Site Currency: USD
127% 
November Donations

Community Links