Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Victorinox 58mm knife list. (Picture Heavy).

Chako · 70 · 14541

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Re: Victorinox 58mm knife list. (Picture Heavy).
Reply #30 on: November 04, 2013, 07:18:25 PM
Nice photo of some nice colours.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #31 on: November 04, 2013, 07:43:27 PM
Nice translucent collection, Fatts. :salute:

I like this topic. That Nokia one is special, the tip of the cap lifter I think is made to reset phones or something? Anyone???

Later today I'll post a pic or two of all the translucent 58mm. They look really nice all together.

And one of my Midnite Manager just cause I feel it's missing from this thread.
Midnite Manager>Rambler.

Actually, it has a torx-sd head, for the small torx screws in phones ;)

I just added the Nokia Rally under the Rally variations. There's also a close up for the torx there.

http://www.sakwiki.com/ti...php?page=Rally#Variations

us Offline ColoSwiss

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #32 on: November 05, 2013, 12:52:24 AM
Nice translucent collection, Fatts. :salute:

I like this topic. That Nokia one is special, the tip of the cap lifter I think is made to reset phones or something? Anyone???

Later today I'll post a pic or two of all the translucent 58mm. They look really nice all together.

And one of my Midnite Manager just cause I feel it's missing from this thread.
Midnite Manager>Rambler.

Actually, it has a torx-sd head, for the small torx screws in phones ;)

I just added the Nokia Rally under the Rally variations. There's also a close up for the torx there.

http://www.sakwiki.com/ti...php?page=Rally#Variations

Slight change of subject. Wenger made an 85mm model, Computer Wiz, which also had a torx screwdriver.

http://www.sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Wenger+Computer+Wiz

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #33 on: November 05, 2013, 07:34:29 AM
@bmot, thank you. Knew it was special.

As promised...
(Image removed from quote.)
L to R, Onyx, Amethyst, Emerald, Sapphire, Ruby, Citrine, Pink, Orange, and Brown which I've heard called Amber, which I like. Wonder why pink and orange don't have fancier names?

A fancy name for pink? How about Alecia Moore? :facepalm:
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

Offline jrp316

Reply #34 on: November 05, 2013, 06:45:40 PM
A fancy name for pink? How about Alecia Moore? :facepalm:

As much as I like the look of those little knives, I'd have to say I like looking at her a bit more.  :tu:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #35 on: November 05, 2013, 11:04:46 PM
I had to Google her. I only knew her stage name.

00 Offline Fattsgalore

Reply #36 on: November 05, 2013, 11:29:57 PM
Pink got some thick legs...Ummmm.
Anyway, thanks for the kind words. A picture of all the translucent SAK are what got me into collecting in the first place. Maybe my pic might ignite the same spark in someone else.

@enki_ck, you have access to SAKwiki? I have been trying to get access for weeks, but I guess I'm just a mere mortal. I have photos that the site are missing.
I own a Timekeeper Alarm and Traveller Lite which as of now have no photos. If I pass them on to you will you post them???

« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 11:31:55 PM by Fattsgalore »

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #37 on: November 06, 2013, 12:56:39 AM
@enki_ck, you have access to SAKwiki? I have been trying to get access for weeks, but I guess I'm just a mere mortal. I have photos that the site are missing.
I own a Timekeeper Alarm and Traveller Lite which as of now have no photos. If I pass them on to you will you post them???

I'm not an administrator there, just a regular user but I can edit pages and upload images, any registered user can. Are you trying to register an account on the wiki or do you have an account but can't log in. If you need the security key, send me a PM. The administrator is currently unavailable but most of us here know it too. We don't like posting it in the public as it's a safety precaution against spammers.

I have a list of about a hundred missing pictures that we need to collect for the wiki (yes, I read the whole wiki searching for broken IMG and SOSAK links :facepalm: ) but am holding off with posting it as the main administrator for the wiki is currently busy with some real life duties and things pop up for me as well on a regular basis so I don't want to stat such a big project with most of us not being able to follow it.

I'll post the list in a week but you can send me the pics you want uploaded per email too.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 12:58:23 AM by enki_ck »

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #38 on: November 06, 2013, 01:15:02 AM
Just a reminder that I have given you full permission to use any photos you find on my photobucket account for SAKWiki...if needed.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #39 on: November 06, 2013, 01:31:42 AM
Yes, I know, and thank you for it again. I already used some pics from this thread to fill in the missing pictures and have notified ICFT. :salute:

us Offline stressmaster5000

• No Life Club
  • No PM's - just email please
Reply #40 on: November 06, 2013, 07:22:29 AM

I'm not an administrator there, just a regular user but I can edit pages and upload images, any registered user can. Are you trying to register an account on the wiki or do you have an account but can't log in. If you need the security key, send me a PM. The administrator is currently unavailable but most of us here know it too. We don't like posting it in the public as it's a safety precaution against spammers.

I have a list of about a hundred missing pictures that we need to collect for the wiki (yes, I read the whole wiki searching for broken IMG and SOSAK links :facepalm: ) but am holding off with posting it as the main administrator for the wiki is currently busy with some real life duties and things pop up for me as well on a regular basis so I don't want to stat such a big project with most of us not being able to follow it.

I'll post the list in a week but you can send me the pics you want uploaded per email too.

Send me an email with that list and I will see if I have anything on it. If it is rare alox or stuff like that then never mind but I do have a number of rare smaller SAK's that I probably have never photographed.

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #41 on: November 06, 2013, 08:02:45 AM
:o Nice!

I really like the one called "Space."  I haven't seen that before.  I'm assuming the scales are sterling?

That's the one I like the most as well.
I'm the milk man!

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #42 on: November 06, 2013, 12:01:26 PM

Send me an email with that list and I will see if I have anything on it. If it is rare alox or stuff like that then never mind but I do have a number of rare smaller SAK's that I probably have never photographed.

Quite a few more common ones are missing too. I'm just heading out to work so I'll email you when I get home. :cheers:

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #43 on: November 06, 2013, 07:02:00 PM
If you send me the list too I can check if I have some of the missing SAKs :tu:

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #44 on: November 06, 2013, 07:49:17 PM
If you send me the list too I can check if I have some of the missing SAKs :tu:

Looks like it would be better if I start the threads now. :D

I'll divide them per sizes to make it easier to follow.

us Offline ColoSwiss

Reply #45 on: November 06, 2013, 10:44:35 PM

I really like the one called "Space."  I haven't seen that before.  I'm assuming the scales are sterling?

I have a larger Super Tinker version of 'Space'. Info I have is that its called 'Night Sky', and represents the sky over Phoenix or Albuquerque (can't remember which). Supposedly silver but no markings. Looks interesting, but not comfortable to hold.

IMG_3904.JPG
* IMG_3904.JPG (Filesize: 59.79 KB)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 10:46:34 PM by ColoSwiss »

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #46 on: November 07, 2013, 01:56:22 AM

I have a larger Super Tinker version of 'Space'. Info I have is that its called 'Night Sky', and represents the sky over Phoenix or Albuquerque (can't remember which). Supposedly silver but no markings. Looks interesting, but not comfortable to hold.

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Thanks for the info on the Super Tinker. I like that even more than the classic.
I'm the milk man!

scotland Offline gardenvalley

Reply #47 on: November 07, 2013, 12:39:38 PM
3000-5000 58s? Oops! I had no idea there were so many, I imagined there were maybe
400-500 variations. In that case I may have to realign my collection strategy to something that is more achievable. As a newcomer to the world of SAKs and no access to unlimited funds I may have started down a very, very long road. Hmm.
Thi`s signature contain`s no superfluou`s apostrophe`s

nl Offline bmot

• No Life Club
  • Don't judge a tool by it's brand
Reply #48 on: November 07, 2013, 12:44:05 PM
3000-5000 58s? Oops! I had no idea there were so many, I imagined there were maybe
400-500 variations. In that case I may have to realign my collection strategy to something that is more achievable. As a newcomer to the world of SAKs and no access to unlimited funds I may have started down a very, very long road. Hmm.

Well, as said, if you count all the different advertising knives, I'm not so surprised.
A knife-carrying guide for the international traveller. : http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,47532.0.html

us Offline ColoSwiss

Reply #49 on: November 07, 2013, 08:53:14 PM

Hi Gardenvalley,

If you were to concentrate on basic models and colors, and ignore advertising knives, 400-500 would probably be a reasonable number. Even there things can get pricey if you include deluxe models such as the RocKnives, and gold and silver handles. There are also Limited Edition and Fashion series from Europe (generally available with a bit of hunting), and innumerable Japanese models (most of which never show up in the US or Europe). Certainly a 58mm collection would be a solid place to start, and its range would be determined by your interests and pocket book.

I've been collecting a wide variety of Victorinox and Wengers for close to 15 years, with no end in sight. SAKs can be long-time fascinating hobby. Just pace yourself and don't try to get everything at once. Also remember that most of the items you're looking for are mass produced and available in alrge numbers.

Good hunting!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 08:59:14 PM by ColoSwiss »

scotland Offline gardenvalley

Reply #50 on: November 07, 2013, 11:40:13 PM

Hi Gardenvalley,

If you were to concentrate on basic models and colors, and ignore advertising knives, 400-500 would probably be a reasonable number. Even there things can get pricey if you include deluxe models such as the RocKnives, and gold and silver handles. There are also Limited Edition and Fashion series from Europe (generally available with a bit of hunting), and innumerable Japanese models (most of which never show up in the US or Europe). Certainly a 58mm collection would be a solid place to start, and its range would be determined by your interests and pocket book.

I've been collecting a wide variety of Victorinox and Wengers for close to 15 years, with no end in sight. SAKs can be long-time fascinating hobby. Just pace yourself and don't try to get everything at once. Also remember that most of the items you're looking for are mass produced and available in alrge numbers.

Good hunting!

Thank you for the encouragement. I have managed to find places selling the LE collections
and the models which appear to only be available in Europe. The more I look the more I find,
what`s discouraging is the fact that some individual models from a particular series are unavailable
thus making the full set almost unattainable. An example of this in 91s is the battle series, I can easily
buy one, and only one, NIB, but I won`t buy it because the others are difficult to find, thus making
the full set out of reach. This may seem perverse but that`s me, if I can`t have all of something I don`t want any of it.
Thi`s signature contain`s no superfluou`s apostrophe`s

br Offline edursr

Reply #51 on: November 08, 2013, 04:37:28 AM
Some of my precious...   :D :tu:
Imagem 279 (Large).jpg
* Imagem 279 (Large).jpg (Filesize: 172.75 KB)
Imagem 280 (Large).jpg
* Imagem 280 (Large).jpg (Filesize: 127.47 KB)
Imagem 287 (Large).jpg
* Imagem 287 (Large).jpg (Filesize: 136.39 KB)
Imagem 281 (Large).jpg
* Imagem 281 (Large).jpg (Filesize: 82.77 KB)

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #52 on: November 08, 2013, 11:52:39 AM

Very cool. 8)

Your Physician knife looks a lot better than the one we have on the wiki. Would you mind taking a picture of it with the tools open for the wiki?

Thanks. :cheers:

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #53 on: November 08, 2013, 01:26:17 PM

"Some" he says :D
:drool:

ca Offline CanadianLMfan

• No Life Club
  • All Lurkers Please Join :D
Reply #54 on: November 08, 2013, 01:58:37 PM
Leatherman

br Offline edursr

Reply #55 on: November 10, 2013, 03:42:55 AM

Very cool. 8)

Your Physician knife looks a lot better than the one we have on the wiki. Would you mind taking a picture of it with the tools open for the wiki?

Thanks. :cheers:
I will take the pictures and send tomorow... :D

who should I send it to? :think:

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #56 on: November 10, 2013, 10:31:21 AM
You can just post it here, email it to me or post it in the 58mm picture request thread. You can find the links to the picture request threads in my signature line. :salute:

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!
Reply #57 on: November 10, 2013, 10:42:37 AM
*mind blown from the 58mm awesomeness*

I will not start collecting, I WILL not start collecting... ah smurf who am I kidding :D
"Hoarder of weirdness,
Always posting random things,
I'm AlephZero" :ninja:

Offline RedRamage

Reply #58 on: March 30, 2014, 05:56:12 PM

This just sold on eBay... I REALLY wanted it... but I couldn't justify more than a $110 for it.  It was so tempting...I may never see another one, but I just couldn't spend that much on it.   :(

it Offline Live

Reply #59 on: March 30, 2014, 10:01:35 PM

This just sold on eBay... I REALLY wanted it... but I couldn't justify more than a $110 for it.  It was so tempting...I may never see another one, but I just couldn't spend that much on it.   :(

There was one like that in the MT for sale section a while ago if I'm not wrong... :)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%