Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What's your latest Leatherman? 359403

Jr. Member Posts: 70
Re: What's your latest Leatherman?
« Reply #5580 on: June 16, 2019, 05:15:13 AM »
Thank you, Chief!
Mind you, now its a bit more special knowing that the production year matches your freshman years!!!
  :hatsoff::cheers:
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 9,282 Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
« Reply #5581 on: June 16, 2019, 05:41:16 AM »
 :cheers:

Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.
Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here... Posts: 47,597
« Reply #5582 on: June 16, 2019, 12:34:11 PM »
Nice selection of tools Juan :like: :tu:

fail to prepare prepare to fail
No Life Club Posts: 3,378 Naked without my multitool!
« Reply #5583 on: June 16, 2019, 12:57:43 PM »
Got the Leatherman P4, most of the YouTube reviews are not good but I like the P4.

Multitools are the best thing that happened to mankind since the invention of the wheel!
« Reply #5584 on: June 16, 2019, 01:05:37 PM »
Congrats, duckman75!  :tu:

I'm a fan of the P4 as well. Lots of fun to fiddle with and use.  :cheers:

Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.
« Reply #5585 on: June 16, 2019, 01:18:03 PM »
Congrats, duckman75!  :tu:

I'm a fan of the P4 as well. Lots of fun to fiddle with and use.  :cheers:
Thanks :) Been using it as my fidget tool, opening and closing the pliers :) hope it won’t break.

Multitools are the best thing that happened to mankind since the invention of the wheel!
Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here... Posts: 47,597
« Reply #5586 on: June 16, 2019, 01:45:43 PM »
Nice one duckman :like: :tu:

fail to prepare prepare to fail
« Reply #5587 on: June 16, 2019, 02:01:12 PM »
Thanks :) Been using it as my fidget tool, opening and closing the pliers :) hope it won’t break.

I've beaten up on my P4 a bit and it feels like it did when I got it. I don't think there have been any trends of tooks breaking either? :think:

It is a well made multitool. Top-tier fit & finish as well. I like the ingenuity of the complete ground-up design too. :)

Not going to dethrone the Wave/Charge, but I still enjoy the P4's fun factor. :)

« Reply #5588 on: June 16, 2019, 04:44:48 PM »

I've beaten up on my P4 a bit and it feels like it did when I got it. I don't think there have been any trends of tooks breaking either? :think:

It is a well made multitool. Top-tier fit & finish as well. I like the ingenuity of the complete ground-up design too. :)

Not going to dethrone the Wave/Charge, but I still enjoy the P4's fun factor. :)
I can't seem to loosen up my pliers, when I use it to clamp down on something it seems to get tighter, do your have the same problem?

« Reply #5589 on: June 16, 2019, 11:00:21 PM »
I can't seem to loosen up my pliers, when I use it to clamp down on something it seems to get tighter, do your have the same problem?
The second P4, I bought to use, does the same. Then using the crimper in the back of the pliers head, it loosens again.
It has gotten better with use though and hopefully will continue to get better. I am not a fan of stiff pliers, but LM seems to think selling tools with stiff pliers is O.K and we either have to send the tool back or break it in. Not a good statement for an expensive tool for sure.

I hypothesize that the pivot pin is slightly misshapen, and moves ever so slightly when switching from pliers to crimpers. Hypothetically, the pin should grind down over time/use to an ideal shape.
I weighed the prospects of paying $10 to ship it to LM, waiting several weeks for a replacement, and risk getting another one with tight pliers; against possibly working the issue out during a break in period. I did email LM about it, as it is the second LM I bought with overly stiff pliers. The other one was my Surge I carry sometimes. It has loosened up enough to be quite usable, but I am hoping it loosens up another 10% at some point. :ahhh

LM replied to send it to them for repair, so that option is still on the table if the pliers stop getting better.

« Reply #5590 on: June 17, 2019, 02:47:30 AM »
The second P4, I bought to use, does the same. Then using the crimper in the back of the pliers head, it loosens again.
It has gotten better with use though and hopefully will continue to get better. I am not a fan of stiff pliers, but LM seems to think selling tools with stiff pliers is O.K and we either have to send the tool back or break it in. Not a good statement for an expensive tool for sure.

I hypothesize that the pivot pin is slightly misshapen, and moves ever so slightly when switching from pliers to crimpers. Hypothetically, the pin should grind down over time/use to an ideal shape.
I weighed the prospects of paying $10 to ship it to LM, waiting several weeks for a replacement, and risk getting another one with tight pliers; against possibly working the issue out during a break in period. I did email LM about it, as it is the second LM I bought with overly stiff pliers. The other one was my Surge I carry sometimes. It has loosened up enough to be quite usable, but I am hoping it loosens up another 10% at some point. :ahhh

LM replied to send it to them for repair, so that option is still on the table if the pliers stop getting better.
Thanks for the tip, will just try to wear the pivot down with use. Will just time of it as a fine wine, one that gets better in time :)

« Reply #5591 on: June 17, 2019, 02:55:11 AM »
Here is to hoping the pivot gets right sooner than later. :cheers:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $147.00
PayPal Fees: $9.51
Net Balance: $137.49
Below Goal: $162.51
Site Currency: USD
46%