Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

So What's with the Aluma Wallet Spam?

us Offline turnsouth

• No Life Club
  • There is no spoon
So What's with the Aluma Wallet Spam?
on: July 26, 2011, 03:05:47 AM
One of my email addresses is an old (15 years) one, and needles to say it gets a fair share of spam. The subjects come in waves, usually every few months as one good for nothing smurf head sells the address to the next one. But lately there has been a deluge of spam trying to sell that smurfin cheap piece of smurf called the Aluma Wallet. What's up with this?

I mean, is there really that much of that junk out there to sale? To be honest, I first saw them at Bed Bath and Beyond, and thought "That looks neat". But before I bought one I went home and checked out YouTube, to see what owners are saying. And, of course, I found that they were probably the biggest scam of the year.

Although that doesn't seem to be slowing down sales. I went into Walmart a couple of weeks before Father's Day, and they had one of their center isle display's packed full of them, at $10.99 a pop. A week later the display was empty. Which wasn't too bad for Walmart, after all it's not every day you can make $10.99 on $0.50 worth of plastic and the thinnest aluminum shell in the world. I do feel bad for all those dads though...

Still don't understand the flood of spam :think:

Never underestimate the power of the fleece

ca Offline jzmtl

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: So What's with the Aluma Wallet Spam?
Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 03:08:58 AM
Probably just the latest pyramid scheme, will blow over soon.

us Offline thebullfrog

• No Life Club
Re: So What's with the Aluma Wallet Spam?
Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 05:44:59 PM
Never heard of it. Just Googled it. Looks like complete crap, and frankly ugly and bulky IMO.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $139.46
PayPal Fees: $8.05
Net Balance: $131.41
Below Goal: $168.59
Site Currency: USD
44%