Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Skeletool owners club

Beerplumber · 1266 · 147980

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Skeletool owners club
Reply #450 on: July 28, 2016, 02:00:44 PM
I have a reg Skeletool with a PE blade and have often wondered if it would be worth it for me to get a CX :think: They are very nice looking indeed and I am sure I would get one if one came up for a good price :D :cheers:

BTW that is a great pic hugos :cheers:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #451 on: July 28, 2016, 02:01:14 PM
New page banana man dance

:nanadance:           :nanadance:

00 Offline silvaticus

• New User
Reply #452 on: August 06, 2016, 06:32:26 PM
Hi all, new to this site, and wanting to joint the Skeletool club.
Been carrying my 1st gen. CX every day for 8 years now, and still love it. Perfect EDC for office/ city duty imho, with the two most important tools (blade and bottle opener) easily accessible! With basic pliers and drivers thrown in I have all my bases covered, but it's still lightweight enough for pocket carry.

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #453 on: August 06, 2016, 06:53:06 PM
I still wish for an all black Skeletool.  Not necessarily Black Oxide, but all black coating of some sort.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

00 Offline matty78943

Reply #454 on: August 17, 2016, 05:49:48 PM
just a standard skeletool with a combo blade which is my first leatherman!
Optimized-DSC_0005.JPG
* Optimized-DSC_0005.JPG (Filesize: 315.71 KB)
Optimized-DSC_0003.JPG
* Optimized-DSC_0003.JPG (Filesize: 311.64 KB)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #455 on: August 17, 2016, 08:08:22 PM
Hi all, new to this site, and wanting to joint the Skeletool club.
Been carrying my 1st gen. CX every day for 8 years now, and still love it. Perfect EDC for office/ city duty imho, with the two most important tools (blade and bottle opener) easily accessible! With basic pliers and drivers thrown in I have all my bases covered, but it's still lightweight enough for pocket carry.

(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)

First off welcome to :MTO: and also welcome to the Skeletool club :cheers: Glad to see it has given you that many years of service :tu: I have a first generation reg Skeletool with the PE blade and love it as well. Not used it everyday but have had it almost as long as you :like:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #456 on: August 17, 2016, 08:09:31 PM
just a standard skeletool with a combo blade which is my first leatherman!

You will like it I am sure buddy :tu: It is a great lightweight tool that I have used quite a bit over the years an have never been let down by it :like:

us Offline Joseph Gonzalez

Reply #457 on: August 31, 2016, 06:29:15 AM
Add me to the club! I recently sent an original Wave to Leatherman for warranty repairs. They went above and beyond, sending me a tool that looked brand new. I was so happy I immediately got on Amazon and ordered a new Skeletool.

Here's a pic of it. So far I've removed the pocket clip and added a small zip tie to assist with one-handed opening.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
20160830_182516-1.jpg
* 20160830_182516-1.jpg (Filesize: 73.2 KB)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 06:31:25 AM by Joseph Gonzalez »
Regards,

Joe Gonzalez

"Build a man a fire and keep him warm for a day; set him on fire and keep him warm for the rest of his life."

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #458 on: October 31, 2016, 01:42:34 AM
Carried this lovely today :like:

Offline Dustin King

Reply #459 on: October 31, 2016, 07:57:28 AM
Now a member of this club thanks to a member here who let go of a CX for a very reasonable price.  I have been intrigued by the skeletool in the past but never thought of actually pulling the trigger.  I have to say, I really like this leatherman as well.  I have yet to find a leatherman I don't care for.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #460 on: October 31, 2016, 06:13:56 PM
Now a member of this club thanks to a member here who let go of a CX for a very reasonable price.  I have been intrigued by the skeletool in the past but never thought of actually pulling the trigger.  I have to say, I really like this leatherman as well.  I have yet to find a leatherman I don't care for.

Glad to hear you  :like: it :tu:

It is either a love it or hate it thing with the Skeletool :D Most on here either love it or hate it :ahhh Me personally, I love it as a light carry tool :tu:

wales Offline Simplon

Reply #461 on: November 04, 2016, 12:41:37 PM
I paid a visit to my favourite Leatherman dealer this morning and came away with a couple of new tools. One is the delightful Skeletool.
image.jpg
* image.jpg (Filesize: 224.38 KB)
Simplon.
Now where did I leave my knife?

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #462 on: November 04, 2016, 04:33:01 PM
I paid a visit to my favourite Leatherman dealer this morning and came away with a couple of new tools. One is the delightful Skeletool.

Another good one Simplon :like: :like: :like:

Offline jday2727

Reply #463 on: November 05, 2016, 12:21:18 AM
Does anyone else have a problem with the clip not holding their skeletool well due to being slippery metal?

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #464 on: November 05, 2016, 08:20:38 PM
Has been in my bag since I bought it some 3 years ago, gets used almost every single day. Whether tuning up my electric bike, inside computers at work or whatever else, it's a great tool.

Shown here with the bit kit in a home made pouch. I've modded the LM with the 154cm blade from a CX as the 420 combo couldn't hold an edge and the combo bit was annoying. I've added a Kwik Stud as I have somewhat limited thumb mobility.

I've had to change the pliers out once, they are somewhat 'light use' pliers which twist out of true rather easily.

Here's another picture of them.

I keep meaning to swap them out in my bag for my Charge AL but not quite managing.

What would I like changed? Not sure. Stronger pliers for certain and replaceable wire cutters would be nice. I could wish for them to be shorter also.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 08:22:52 PM by pomsbz »
"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #465 on: November 05, 2016, 08:33:06 PM
Very nice, pomsbz!  I'd not heard of the Kwik Stud. I might have to grab a few!

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #466 on: November 05, 2016, 08:34:31 PM
Does anyone else have a problem with the clip not holding their skeletool well due to being slippery metal?

Not quite sure what you mean...are you referring to clipped to a strap or something?  As far as riding in my pocket, never had a problem...

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #467 on: November 05, 2016, 08:35:00 PM
Very nice, pomsbz!  I'd not heard of the Kwik Stud. I might have to grab a few!

Cheap, easy to install and I find it a lot easier to use than the rather small thumb hole on these blades. Oh and looks better than a cut off cable tie. :D
"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #468 on: November 05, 2016, 08:35:55 PM
I find the off centre clip means the skeletool twists in my pocket when I sit down. I don't like using the clip for that reason.

Offline jday2727

Reply #469 on: November 05, 2016, 08:36:26 PM

Not quite sure what you mean...are you referring to clipped to a strap or something?  As far as riding in my pocket, never had a problem...

I'm referring to in the pocket. Normally it's fine but if I end up somewhat upside down it slides out.

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #470 on: November 05, 2016, 08:38:12 PM

I'm referring to in the pocket. Normally it's fine but if I end up somewhat upside down it slides out.

Oh I see....well, I've not found myself nearly upside down when carrying the Skeletool... LOL

Offline jday2727

Reply #471 on: November 05, 2016, 08:39:09 PM

Oh I see....well, I've not found myself nearly upside down when carrying the Skeletool... LOL

Lol yeah it's not usually a problem but when I'm working in tight spaces it happens sometimes.

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #472 on: November 05, 2016, 08:43:33 PM
My Skeletool family, along with cousin Freestyle...

I swapped the blade on my original Skeletool with the 154CM blade after mucking up my original blade...

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #473 on: November 05, 2016, 08:46:35 PM
My only real complaint on the Skeletool is the pliers. I wish they were more like the Wave pliers, a little more rounded and a bit skinnier at the end.

Maybe 2 versions, the other more plier like than needle nose...

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #474 on: November 06, 2016, 02:14:39 AM
Some very nice pics pomsbz and zrxoa1 :cheers: I love the comparison shots :like: and pom I absolutely love the sheath you have :o You say it is homemade and I was going to ask you were you got it when I first saw the pic :ahhh :D Great stuff with the Skeley :cheers:

As far as a slippery clip :think: I don't think I have ever had a problem with it myself and it is actually one of my fav MTs to wear clipped :tu: Also never been upside down with one clipped either :whistle: :D

hk Offline aurabattler

Reply #475 on: November 07, 2016, 05:07:19 AM
Yeah. I am joining the club!  :drink:
Like I said many many times, MTO is a really dangerous place and you guys are all really bad guys.  >:D
I have been reading for years people carrying the skeletool and saying that it is a really nice tool though some of them complaining the pliers not strong enough. I didn’t put my eye on this tool coz I thought it was lame  :facepalm: but I was wrong. When I saw this tool before, in showcase or web, I was like… Wingman blade (I was wong :facepalm: ), Juice Pliers, wave bit drives… OK… pass! I was totally wrong and I didn’t ever like it until a few days before some of you guys brought this thread back to the front page and I saw the nice pictures and people’s comment again, I decided to give it a try.

I went to a local tool dealer and play with the basic skeley a bit and I love it right away. How light, ergonomic, and compact?! However, I don’t like combo blade and I give the CX a try. Once it is on my hand, I did not want to let go it. How can I miss this tool? How can I not having this tool???! When I read the spec, it’s a 2.6 inch, 6.6cm blade and I though it was a wingman/sidekick style but it wasn’t. It is a serious blade, a thick and sturdy serious blade that I would never expect in a MT. It is not a compromised blade on other MT with compromised strength, compromised grip and compromised thickness. It is a 154cm lockable folder with a pair of OK pliers and bit driver. With that knife, I don’t actually need a folder. Its knife is even thicker than the one on surge, and it’s almost the same thickness as the Chinese cleaver in my kitchen! Never expect a MT would have such a serious blade with excellent grip.

The juice size pliers don’t looks strong so I don’t think I am going to do anything heavy. I think it is a light to med duty pliers.

I’ll try to carry it a bit these few days but I don’t think it will replace by rebar as a working day EDC as the pliers looks a bit weak and I use pliers quite a lot. Despite this, the skeley is still an ideal tool for normal days outside like casual weekend hiking, vocational city trips, or barbecue party~! I have a knife for cutting food, a pair of nice pliers for picking hot stuffs and a cap lifter for beer! What else do I need for a party? Nothing!

So far, the only complain is the stiff pliers. It’s still very stiff when using it. I’ll put it for a WD40 bath and oil it and see if it goes better.
_20161106_204033.JPG
* _20161106_204033.JPG (Filesize: 93.64 KB)
_20161106_204049.JPG
* _20161106_204049.JPG (Filesize: 91.37 KB)

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #476 on: November 07, 2016, 02:41:06 PM
Yeah. I am joining the club!  :drink:
Like I said many many times, MTO is a really dangerous place and you guys are all really bad guys.  >:D
I have been reading for years people carrying the skeletool and saying that it is a really nice tool though some of them complaining the pliers not strong enough. I didn’t put my eye on this tool coz I thought it was lame  :facepalm: but I was wrong. When I saw this tool before, in showcase or web, I was like… Wingman blade (I was wong :facepalm: ), Juice Pliers, wave bit drives… OK… pass! I was totally wrong and I didn’t ever like it until a few days before some of you guys brought this thread back to the front page and I saw the nice pictures and people’s comment again, I decided to give it a try.

I went to a local tool dealer and play with the basic skeley a bit and I love it right away. How light, ergonomic, and compact?! However, I don’t like combo blade and I give the CX a try. Once it is on my hand, I did not want to let go it. How can I miss this tool? How can I not having this tool???! When I read the spec, it’s a 2.6 inch, 6.6cm blade and I though it was a wingman/sidekick style but it wasn’t. It is a serious blade, a thick and sturdy serious blade that I would never expect in a MT. It is not a compromised blade on other MT with compromised strength, compromised grip and compromised thickness. It is a 154cm lockable folder with a pair of OK pliers and bit driver. With that knife, I don’t actually need a folder. Its knife is even thicker than the one on surge, and it’s almost the same thickness as the Chinese cleaver in my kitchen! Never expect a MT would have such a serious blade with excellent grip.

The juice size pliers don’t looks strong so I don’t think I am going to do anything heavy. I think it is a light to med duty pliers.

I’ll try to carry it a bit these few days but I don’t think it will replace by rebar as a working day EDC as the pliers looks a bit weak and I use pliers quite a lot. Despite this, the skeley is still an ideal tool for normal days outside like casual weekend hiking, vocational city trips, or barbecue party~! I have a knife for cutting food, a pair of nice pliers for picking hot stuffs and a cap lifter for beer! What else do I need for a party? Nothing!

So far, the only complain is the stiff pliers. It’s still very stiff when using it. I’ll put it for a WD40 bath and oil it and see if it goes better.

I'm confused about the bit about the blade on MT's, the blade on my Charge (which I believe is an identical profile to that of the Wave) is fully as tough and as big as my Skeletool blade.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #477 on: November 07, 2016, 03:03:23 PM
Congrats aurabattler  :cheers: The Skeley is awesome for sure and I think that the shape of the blade makes the Skeley my favorite blade of any MT as well :like: I am sure I have used the knife on it more than anything over the years :tu:

hk Offline aurabattler

Reply #478 on: November 07, 2016, 05:27:20 PM
I'm confused about the bit about the blade on MT's, the blade on my Charge (which I believe is an identical profile to that of the Wave) is fully as tough and as big as my Skeletool blade.

Oh. I am not too sure so I may be wrong. I don't have a charge nor a wave so I can't tell. I compared with the surge side by side by look only. No scientific measurement. :D but I think charge has a better blade than wave and surge anyway...?

hk Offline aurabattler

Reply #479 on: November 07, 2016, 05:39:18 PM
Congrats aurabattler  :cheers: The Skeley is awesome for sure and I think that the shape of the blade makes the Skeley my favorite blade of any MT as well :like: I am sure I have used the knife on it more than anything over the years :tu:
:cheers:
Yeah. I really like the blade. Love that grip. It is like holding a folder.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%