Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Skeletool owners club

Beerplumber · 1266 · 144849

se Offline kinskibrain

Re: Skeletool owners club
Reply #60 on: October 23, 2011, 10:25:32 PM
Yeah it really has the best bottle opener of any multi tool.

You can just hand it over to people. I find that if I carry the standard LM bottle opener I have to open peoples bottles since it's just too fidgety to use if you haven't used it before.

gb Offline badwolf

• No Life Club
  • my best friends a dog
Reply #61 on: October 23, 2011, 10:26:30 PM
Not seen these in red before, kinda dig the orange one but like this red :tu:
"I like me, my wife likes me"

JC PT&A

us Offline Janitor

Reply #62 on: October 23, 2011, 10:34:12 PM
Just stumbled into it while at the shop one day.

It's marked as an exclusive color for 'Recreational Equipment Inc.' (REI) but I've no idea how true that may be.
Nothing exceeds like excess

us Offline Sazabi

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #63 on: October 23, 2011, 10:35:41 PM

It's marked as an exclusive color for 'Recreational Equipment Inc.' (REI) but I've no idea how true that may be.

That's actually true, just as green is a Cabela's exclusive. :tu:

us Offline Janitor

Reply #64 on: October 23, 2011, 10:41:51 PM

That's actually true, just as green is a Cabela's exclusive. :tu:
I think you just gave me an excuse reason to go to Cabela's.  :cheers:
Nothing exceeds like excess

ca Offline Beerplumber

• No Life Club
Skeletool owners club
Reply #65 on: October 30, 2011, 01:19:35 AM
I'm still carrying my CE cx everyday. It compliments other multi's nicely. I think I'll buy the newer SS CE version and keep my old school cx for good.

us Offline carlb

Reply #66 on: November 12, 2011, 08:51:50 PM
Got my skeleton in the mail today. I had to have one.  It's amazing how much money I've spent on MT since I've joined this forum. Oh well, it's only money.

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #67 on: November 12, 2011, 08:56:57 PM
Got my skeleton in the mail today. I had to have one.  It's amazing how much money I've spent on MT since I've joined this forum. Oh well, it's only money. (Image removed from quote.)
Yeah, that's one club we ALL can belong to  :P.
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

us Offline carlb

Reply #68 on: November 13, 2011, 12:03:35 AM
Oh well it's fun club to be in.

us Offline Heinz Doofenshmirtz

• No Life Club
Reply #69 on: November 13, 2011, 06:37:36 AM
Hey, I'm in now too!  :D

I got my CX from Cutlery Shoppe this week.  It's the black one, with what looks like a carbon fiber scale or spacer, whatever that thing is, on the side that holds the extra bit.

I thought I'd be getting one with a PE blade, because the pic on the page for the tool on their website shows it with the PE blade, but it came with the CE blade.  Ugh.

I emailed Jeff and he said that LM switched out the stock he ordered on him, and that he doesn't have any PE ones to exchange for it.  I guess I can live with the CE blade for now though.  I still usually carry a folder of some kind anyway, so it's not that big of a deal.  I'm most likely going to be using it for camping and outdoor stuff anyway, so the CE might actually come in useful.
The first Noble Truth: life is suffering.  Only by accepting that fact can we transcend it.

us Offline Accujohn

• No Life Club
Skeletool owners club
Reply #70 on: November 13, 2011, 08:58:08 AM
When the cx first came out, it was a CE... Then they switched at some point. That's if memory serves me. And yes, that's carbon fiber bling :)

• No Life Club
Reply #71 on: November 13, 2011, 09:50:46 PM
So the one I have is an old one then?  Could it be one of the ones that had a lot of failure issues?

Does it have a date of manufacture on it like the Crunch does?
The first Noble Truth: life is suffering.  Only by accepting that fact can we transcend it.

us Offline Accujohn

• No Life Club
Skeletool owners club
Reply #72 on: November 13, 2011, 11:51:08 PM
I think most skellies dont have the date stamp. I didnt have any experience with troubled ones

us Offline Micro55

Reply #73 on: November 16, 2011, 01:40:43 AM
I wish to enter the club  :)

Got it from Fry's a few days ago for 45$, been carrying since, makes a great compliment to my SwissChampion+

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #74 on: November 16, 2011, 02:12:06 AM
I wish to enter the club  :)

You may enter.  :salute:

Great picture, hope to see more of them.

And welcome to MT.O

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #75 on: November 16, 2011, 02:13:06 AM
So the one I have is an old one then?  Could it be one of the ones that had a lot of failure issues?

Does it have a date of manufacture on it like the Crunch does?
I think most skellies dont have the date stamp. I didnt have any experience with troubled ones

Skeletools never had date stamps. This practice was dropped with the Skeletool but reinstated with the Freestyle. As for the failure issues, there was some trouble with the pliers on some of the first ones. They broke if too much torque was applied as far as I remember. It wasn't wide spread, just a case here and there, so nothing to worry about. I have the original CX, bought it November 7th 2008 (had its 3rd birthday this month) and it has served me great with a lot of use as it was my main EDC till I started carrying Juices this year. The black wore of a bit but I like it that way. Character and all that.  ;) It always surprises me when I see a new one how black it is.  :D

ca Offline Beerplumber

• No Life Club
Skeletool owners club
Reply #76 on: November 22, 2011, 06:26:48 PM
I like the black too, must be anodized or something? Doesn't seem 'dusty' like usual black oxide. I bought another one two weeks ago this time the SS version. Heinze you should try the CE for awhile, it really can be useful. I don't think you'll ever feel 'stuck' with it. Though I do understand ppl preferring a dedicated blade style. My cx is identical to yours and I've had no problem with the pliers. I like the skele for small precise work, these pliers have pulled out many a splinter.

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #77 on: November 22, 2011, 11:49:11 PM
I bought a Skeletool a few months back from Dennis. I honestly only bought it to help round out the collection and because it is a Plain Edge. After messing with it a bit I actually want to carry one, but do not want to carry my Plain Edge. I'm thinking I need a Skeletool CX in the near future. I might have to trade something off to get it though.  :tu:
I'm the milk man!

ca Offline Beerplumber

• No Life Club
Skeletool owners club
Reply #78 on: December 02, 2011, 12:27:04 AM
I bought a Skeletool a few months back from Dennis. I honestly only bought it to help round out the collection and because it is a Plain Edge. After messing with it a bit I actually want to carry one, but do not want to carry my Plain Edge. I'm thinking I need a Skeletool CX in the near future. I might have to trade something off to get it though.  :tu:
I'm going to start a combo edge lovers club. :) :) :p

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #79 on: December 02, 2011, 12:29:15 AM

I't really is of no difference to me. I like both Plain Edge and Partially Serrated blades. I should be getting a Lansky for Christmas and it comes with a stone for sharpening Serrations.  :tu:
I'm the milk man!

ca Offline Metropolicity

• No Life Club
  • Hack Virtuoso
Skeletool owners club
Reply #80 on: December 02, 2011, 10:12:27 PM

Then, I am going to start a plain edge lovers club. Or failing that, a combo edge haters club. Which ever I feel like :P
Why stop now?

Visit the whole Skinth family here: http://www.skinthsolutions.com

Keep up with The Skinths on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SkinthSolutions

Shapeways - Metro's Q-branch:
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/metro-qbranch

PayPal: metrogradegoods [at} gmail. com

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #81 on: December 02, 2011, 10:15:20 PM

Then, I am going to start a plain edge lovers club. Or failing that, a combo edge haters club. Which ever I feel like :P

I'm joining both.  :D
I'm the milk man!

• No Life Club
Reply #82 on: December 03, 2011, 12:00:00 AM

Hey Cap, the CX I bought from Jeff at Cutlery Shoppe last month has a combo edge, but I wanted a plain edge one.  Maybe we could work a trade.  PM me if you're interested.

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #83 on: December 03, 2011, 04:42:00 AM

Hey Cap, the CX I bought from Jeff at Cutlery Shoppe last month has a combo edge, but I wanted a plain edge one.  Maybe we could work a trade.  PM me if you're interested.

While I do need a cx im not looking to get rid of my plain edge at the moment. Thank you for the offer though.  :cheers:
I'm the milk man!

us Offline trouthunter

• The missing village idiot.
Reply #84 on: December 05, 2011, 03:59:45 AM
I am in.
My Skeletool.jpg
* My Skeletool.jpg (Filesize: 126.28 KB)

gb Offline badwolf

• No Life Club
  • my best friends a dog
Reply #85 on: December 09, 2011, 12:06:25 AM
With the help of Dunc :salute: I'm in, very pleased with this, its growing on me :D

I've seen the coloured ones on here and had my piggy little eyes on an orange one but saw this yellow :drool:

Its a serrated edge one :tu:

JC PT&A

gb Offline 5hif7y

• tooled up
Reply #86 on: December 09, 2011, 12:12:38 AM
With the help of Dunc :salute: I'm in, very pleased with this, its growing on me :D
(Image removed from quote.)
I've seen the coloured ones on here and had my piggy little eyes on an orange one but saw this yellow :drool:
(Image removed from quote.)
Its a serrated edge one :tu:

i love the yellow skeletool, it reminds me of bumblebee from transformers.   :gimme:

ive got to get me one of those. id luv to swap the steel coloured parts for the black steel on the CX model so its black and yellow.
-----5hif7y-----

gb Offline badwolf

• No Life Club
  • my best friends a dog
Reply #87 on: December 09, 2011, 12:16:44 AM
Bumblebee, I like that :tu: would look very 8)

JC PT&A

gb Offline 5hif7y

• tooled up
Reply #88 on: December 09, 2011, 12:17:08 AM
oh and im in if i haven't already said so ..

one of my Favourite tools at the moment
-----5hif7y-----

gb Offline 5hif7y

• tooled up
Reply #89 on: December 09, 2011, 12:18:02 AM
do they only do the standard ones in different colours? or do they do the CX in colours?
-----5hif7y-----

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD