Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Skeletool owners club

Beerplumber · 1266 · 144862

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Re: Skeletool owners club
Reply #750 on: April 10, 2018, 09:22:03 PM
Nice!
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #751 on: April 11, 2018, 12:04:51 AM

us Offline Captain Hook

• Don't read this......You rebel you ;)
Reply #752 on: June 20, 2018, 09:17:57 AM
This is one club I'll be joining soon! Just ordered a standard one in blue, and ordered the bit kit to compliment it. I might be be in a minority here but I honestly like combo edge blades. Since I'm going on vacation I want a tool that is compact and has all that I need in one package so I don't have everything scattered. Having the half serrated blade is good for me because I like having serrations. I normally carry a multitool with a serrated blade+ a folder.
_IMG_000000_000000.jpg
* _IMG_000000_000000.jpg (Filesize: 99.34 KB)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 09:20:46 AM by _MattGyver_ »
~Formerly _MattGyver_ ~

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #753 on: June 20, 2018, 11:41:40 AM
Take plenty of pics when it gets there :dd: :tu: The Skeley is a great tool and with a bit kit in tow it will be even better :like:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #754 on: June 20, 2018, 01:59:09 PM
This is one club I'll be joining soon! Just ordered a standard one in blue, and ordered the bit kit to compliment it. I might be be in a minority here but I honestly like combo edge blades. Since I'm going on vacation I want a tool that is compact and has all that I need in one package so I don't have everything scattered. Having the half serrated blade is good for me because I like having serrations. I normally carry a multitool with a serrated blade+ a folder.

it is a great light tool and I like that gorgeous and versatile 50/50 blade too  :cheers:

enjoy it!
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #755 on: June 20, 2018, 04:50:07 PM
Very nice pic Peacent  8) :like:

us Offline Captain Hook

Reply #756 on: June 20, 2018, 10:49:17 PM

it is a great light tool and I like that gorgeous and versatile 50/50 blade too  :cheers:

(Image removed from quote.)

enjoy it!
:multi: :cheers:
~Formerly _MattGyver_ ~

us Offline Captain Hook

Reply #757 on: June 20, 2018, 10:50:49 PM
Take plenty of pics when it gets there :dd: :tu: The Skeley is a great tool and with a bit kit in tow it will be even better :like:
there will be plenty of pics! I'm taking it with me on our trip to DC so I'll be sure to get a pic of it next to the Washington monument!
~Formerly _MattGyver_ ~

us Offline JustinCase

Reply #758 on: June 20, 2018, 11:35:21 PM
there will be plenty of pics! I'm taking it with me on our trip to DC so I'll be sure to get a pic of it next to the Washington monument!

You must be driving to DC, right? ::)
“It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I try a little longer to solve the problem"

us Offline Captain Hook

Reply #759 on: June 21, 2018, 12:58:29 AM

You must be driving to DC, right? ::)
yeah  ::)
~Formerly _MattGyver_ ~

us Offline JustinCase

Reply #760 on: June 21, 2018, 03:10:09 AM
Got the Damascus blade in trade for one of my flashlights so I decided to do some mix and match between the CX vs REI and this is what eventually happened at the end of a process.. :D
“It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I try a little longer to solve the problem"

us Offline Glockfan

Reply #761 on: June 21, 2018, 03:31:26 AM
Well done!  :like:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #762 on: June 21, 2018, 03:54:01 AM

us Offline JustinCase

Reply #763 on: June 21, 2018, 07:35:03 AM
Thank you gentlemen!  :hatsoff:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #764 on: June 21, 2018, 12:56:17 PM
Got the Damascus blade in trade for one of my flashlights so I decided to do some mix and match between the CX vs REI and this is what eventually happened at the end of a process.. :D
(Image removed from quote.)

a most excellent shot!!  :like:  And that Skele is no slouch either  :drool: :tu:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #765 on: June 21, 2018, 01:38:46 PM
SkeleCool !     8) :like: :tu:

us Offline JustinCase

Reply #766 on: June 21, 2018, 07:52:24 PM
Thank you Peacent and Steve  :cheers:

Offline dl3200

• New User
Reply #767 on: June 24, 2018, 10:29:19 AM
Well, got a new Skeletool CX.

Used to carry one from ~2010 as my main EDC - until I gifted it (a spur of the moment kind of thing); held out for almost 3 years, but going about without an MT by my side got to be too much in the end, so I finally ordered a new one from leatherman.ca.

Got it three days later (VERY fast, by Canada Post standards - probably because it was shipped with Purolator :)), and got to fixing the obvious faults;  you must know what I mean - when you get a tool you intend to carry with you every day, you want it to be as close to perfect as possible.

So, filed off the imperfections in pliers casting (there was some flash left over that interfered with the springs on the bit driver side when opening/closing pliers; made blade OHO hole smoother (I think the die they use is past its prime). Left alone the 'pliers don't meet at the very tip' issue (they meet at the third micro-serration instead) - though annoying, I doubt it will be an issue in actual use.

BUT.

I'm looking at the thing, and it just looks *wrong*. Took a while to figure it out, but I got there in the end - turns out they did away with those huge countersunk washers and screws arrangement that attach handles/blade to the plier head; it's just screws with large heads now, instead. I only noticed it because they're not polished (looks dull, almost like aluminum). I never imagined that hardware could change the look of the finished item so much, but here we are.

My explanations are usually crap, so here's a picture:

I sure do wish I had my 2010-dated skeletool CX now... Of course, this won't affect functionality in any way, but, man! the tool sure does look cheaper for it.

BTW, the one I just received is stamped 0817.

(I also ordered a Crunch - always wanted one, and finally decided to get it; and since I've nothing to compare it to, I'm sure it'll be fine... Right?)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 11:15:39 AM by dl3200 »

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #768 on: June 24, 2018, 04:10:44 PM
Welcome to :MTO: :cheers: Sorry to hear it isn't as nice as the older ones :-\ but the Skeley CX and Crunch are 2 very great (completely different) tools and I am sure you will love the Crunch 8) :like:
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 04:12:58 PM by Poncho65 »

Offline dl3200

• New User
Reply #769 on: June 24, 2018, 10:58:13 PM
Thanks, Poncho65 :) I'm sure Crunch will not disappoint.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #770 on: June 25, 2018, 03:12:09 PM

well, one thing I know for sure about the Crunch, both its blade and its jaws have no point  :D
My toys:

Offline dl3200

• New User
Reply #771 on: June 25, 2018, 03:31:44 PM

well, one thing I know for sure about the Crunch, both its blade and its jaws have no point  :D

Nothing's quite like a pun to get your point across :)

us Offline JustSteve

Reply #772 on: June 29, 2018, 12:33:17 AM
Had to send of my Skeletool for repair. The actual frame broke at clip. (Wish I had pictures, I was in a rush and just wanted it back since it is EDC). The actual blade also had chipped a few millimeters after the serration started. I use it to cut open boxes and light use so I was a little disappointed. I picked it up a Home Depot for $15 and another for $8 (a week later) on clearance so I can't complain too much. (Gave the second to my brother). Love the weight and the size. Thought about getting the bit pack for it, but for now just waiting for it to be sent back to me...lol. Wearing my GI Gerber 600 for now. About kills me because you have to open the Gerber for EVERYTHING. I could access the knife from the skeletool without opening the pliers which is a must for me.       
JustSteve

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #773 on: June 29, 2018, 12:06:09 PM
Welcome to :MTO: JS :salute: Sorry to hear that about he Skeley :-\ I am sure LM will take care of you and turnaround time is usually pretty good from them as well :tu:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #774 on: June 29, 2018, 12:59:05 PM
Bummer!  :P

sorry about your Skele, but what were you doing to break it?  ??? I ask because the Skele is known to be weak and a light use multitool, and if you're used to the MP6000 by Gerber they are in no way similar as to what they can handle and the forces you can apply to them  :think:

But at $15 or $8 I'd have bought all the Skeletools in the store!!  :ahhh
My toys:

us Offline JustSteve

Reply #775 on: July 01, 2018, 01:18:07 PM
On my job i pickup a ton of heavy products.  I actually had it clipped inside my jeans and picked up about 100lbs of product held it at my waistline.. I felt a pop when I lifted it,  but didn't  think nothing of it. So later on I pulled it out of my pocket and  thought the clip seemed really loose. So I thought it just needs tightening.. I went to tighten it  and a piece of frame when with it.. Not sure about the chip out of the blade..I use it to cut nylon straps. I mostly use it as a knife, but I started using the bits more and more..

I guess this is the  MP600 Not really sure. (I am not a huge fan of Gerber). I was issued it while I was in Okinawa back in 1996. It kind  of didn't get turn back in  :)  when I came back to the states. .It is really well made, but weighs on the heavy side for me to EDC.

IMG_4362.JPG
* IMG_4362.JPG (Filesize: 130.13 KB)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 02:02:02 PM by JustSteve »
JustSteve

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #776 on: July 01, 2018, 04:22:13 PM
So the Skeletool broke and fell apart on you :ahhh That is awful :-\ You need to get the pieces together and send it back to LM and tell them what happened :salute: There warranty is superb :tu:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #777 on: July 01, 2018, 04:23:41 PM
I think that is a MP but I always forget what is what with Gerbers :facepalm: Cool that it is one that was issued and even cooler it was issued to you 8) :like:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #778 on: July 01, 2018, 05:04:38 PM
I think that is a MP but I always forget what is what with Gerbers :facepalm: Cool that it is one that was issued and even cooler it was issued to you 8) :like:

yes that's an MP  :tu:
My toys:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #779 on: July 01, 2018, 07:42:19 PM

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86