Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Missed out on a Super Tinker for $10.

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Missed out on a Super Tinker for $10.
on: August 14, 2011, 08:19:02 PM
I was at Walmart and figured I would check there MT's and SAK's out and see what they had. Well they had Super Tinker's for $10.00.  :o  I was going to buy two or three but they were all out.  :cry: Your local Walmart might have them for that price so it would be worth a call to check.
I'm the milk man!

za Offline meanx

Re: Missed out on a Super Tinker for $10.
Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 08:28:58 AM
I believe Walmart is opening up shop in South Africa soon,I hope they will be selling SAK's here as well.
Rest is not idleness,
and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer's day,
listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky,
is by no means a waste of time

us Offline bushidomosquito

Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 07:16:02 AM
Wow, they get down to $15 here but I've never seen them that low.
Sent from my Glock 23 using Doubletaptalk

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 07:20:39 AM
Wow, they get down to $15 here but I've never seen them that low.

I know. It might of been a mistake but they were selling them for that cheap. I was pretty mad they were sold out.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Caress of Steel

Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 07:40:33 AM
I think Victorinox has redone packaging and they are closing out models still in stock with the older packaging.  I saw at a Walmart here in NC that had pink Classic SD for $7ea.  I was there the following week and no sign of them.  Yes, I would have paid $5ea for pink scales...impress the womenz if nothing else!  Years ago when they had more of a sporting goods dept with knives in a display case...and sold SAKs in boxes...I lucked up and found a bunch of NIB Red Champion Plus models for $13 ea.   Bought them all up, kept a few and Felinevet bought the rest.

John
Details are everything...much more important than your vague assurances!

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 11:36:15 PM
I believe Walmart is opening up shop in South Africa soon,I hope they will be selling SAK's here as well.
don't hold you're breath. :-\  We've got 'Walmart' here as well and it stocks nothing like the diversity of stuff I hear about from the US stores, it's all domestic household, clothes, rubbish sports good and electrical.  Not a SAK or MT to be seen. :(

I do hope yours is better. :)
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline bren10man

Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 01:05:06 AM
[the below is intended for the U.S. members of this forum only]

Wal-Mart is known on the firearm forums I go to as "China Mart".

Everytime you buy an item at Wal-Mart, chances are, it is made by slave labor in PRC.   And another nail in the USA's economic coffin.  Prior to NAFTA (1994), Wal-Mart sold mainly made in USA stuff.  No more.  The Arsenal of Democracy that saved the world in World War II is gone....even Willow Run in Detroit is LONG gone and either torn down or shuttered.

I am not impressed with their sporting goods department.   The firearms they sell there are "working man" guns....cheaper made versions sold only at Wal-Mart...and sort of overpriced.  The Winchester-branded cleaning gear sold at Wal Mart is also made in PRC.  Mostly junk.

The few SAKs they sold there were not impressive to me.  I wouldn't be suprised if Wal Mart is selling out all their stock of Victorinox SAKs (and it is VERY few models at that) and that is the end of it. 
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 01:09:12 AM by bren10man »
MOLON LABE!

za Offline meanx

Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 05:43:51 AM
don't hold you're breath. :-\  We've got 'Walmart' here as well and it stocks nothing like the diversity of stuff I hear about from the US stores, it's all domestic household, clothes, rubbish sports good and electrical.  Not a SAK or MT to be seen. :(

I do hope yours is better. :)

That will be a shame,as we got enough of these so called "discount" stores selling crap that don't last 6 months.
Rest is not idleness,
and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer's day,
listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky,
is by no means a waste of time

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD