Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Case Knives

spudley112 · 2615 · 62418

us Offline BPRoberts

• No Life Club
Re: Case Knives
Reply #2610 on: May 03, 2024, 04:56:49 PM
Is Case doing the vault Razor is CS/CV at all? I've looked, but I can't find any. If not, how likely is it that they'll roll one out later this year? I know they sometimes release them with different handles later in the year, but not sure about the blades.

us Offline LoopCutter

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2611 on: May 03, 2024, 05:24:23 PM
I originally wonder the same, if a CS version would be offered. And I am still wondering.

On the other side of the coin, it does appear that CASE is releasing more patterns with the Carbon Steel option than in previous years.

And, then it has been mentioned in a SMKW you tube video with a CASE rep, they are introducing different handle materials and color combos, BUT, only in restricted quantities. When gone, they will be GONE.

Like the SMKW exclusive, SEA DRAGON BONE.  NOTE, CASE labels the box as Burnt Caribbean Blue  Jig Bone.  Pretty much all patterns in this color are gone.

It is my take, marketing toward collectors AND SECONDARY RESELLERS by limiting quantity  to increase inventory turnover. 

A model other knife makers have been enjoying the past several years, as GEC,  and the sub brands.

If I start and end the day above ground, it is a good day!

Hope yours is as good!

A SMART man always knows what to say!
   A WISE man knows whether or not to say it!!!

us Offline BPRoberts

• No Life Club
Reply #2612 on: May 03, 2024, 11:09:17 PM
On the one hand, I'm broadly unenthused with intentionally limited collectors editions of any kind. I'd prefer pieces be available to whoever wants them.

On the other, I recognize that collectability is probably the only reason Case is still in business after all the other big east coast cutlery companies went under, and I appreciate that they mostly do cosmetic collectables, and keep most of the patterns pretty widely available.

It's not ideal, but I think it's probably about the best balance we're likely to get from a company in the current market.

us Offline UscgSal

• JOIN Knife Rights!
Reply #2613 on: May 04, 2024, 01:06:42 AM
 :iagree:   :salute:
It's me, back with new phone after retiring.
Was Tony Sal. Ts-cg@Hotmail but locked

Now Salimbenetony@Gmail

gb Offline chip

• No Life Club
Reply #2614 on: May 05, 2024, 12:28:20 AM
There’s only one more case knife I want and that’s a CS barlow in sawcut bone. I am sure they will do one again eventually. They recently released a CS version in grey pocket worn jigged bone, and if I found one it would take all my strength to resist. But it’s a sawcut I really want.
My trouble is i never show initiative, but that's only because no one has told me to.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $56.34
PayPal Fees: $2.74
Net Balance: $53.60
Below Goal: $246.40
Site Currency: USD
18%