Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Suicide Squad trailer.

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Suicide Squad trailer.
on: April 01, 2016, 09:43:35 PM
Can't wait for this one. Harley Quinn looks bad ass and this version of the joker looks quite awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmRih_VtVAs

Alternate trailer. Comic Con release.

(more Harley and Joker)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLLQK9la6Go

« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 09:45:04 PM by captain spaulding »
I'm the milk man!

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Re: Suicide Squad trailer.
Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 12:06:56 PM
Looking forward to it more than bat v sups (which I'm in no rush to see at all)

Apparently they're reshooting some stuff now to give it more comedy (probably something to do with the success of Deadpool)
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 06:03:14 PM
Looking forward to it more than bat v sups (which I'm in no rush to see at all)

Apparently they're reshooting some stuff now to give it more comedy (probably something to do with the success of Deadpool)

I'm feeling the same.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Clear_Ice

Reply #3 on: April 03, 2016, 01:33:33 AM
Wow that looks awesome! I'll be seeing that one right after it comes out!
"Velocitas Eradico"

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #4 on: April 03, 2016, 09:51:51 PM
I have to say, I really am not expecting much from either Suicide Squad of Batman Vs Superman. 

DC annoys the crap out of me- they have so many mini series and graphic novels that would make awesome movies, and yet the seem to completely ignore them.

Knightfall was done, sort of, in the last Batman film, and it sucked for so many reasons.

The Life And Death of Superman would be a great series of movies and would bring in the Justice League and a number of other characters, including Pamela Waller, who we could then see in a Suicide Squad movie.

The Flashpoint Paradox would be an exceptional movie, as would Batman: Under the Red Hood, The Killing Joke and Son of Batman.  The Dark Knight Returns would also be awesome.

One of the huge strengths of the Marvel movies is that they all interweave with each other, even without guest stars and crossovers.  The way the Avengers are referred to in the Daredevil and Jessica Jones series, and the events of the movies is really cool, although they don't have the Hulk showing up at random times.

DC is failing this miserably- Gotham has nothing to do with the movies, and even less to do with Flash and Arrow, which at least acknowledge each other.  If they could get their smurf together at DC they could do something like the Janus Directive and it would be really cool, and really well done.

Meanwhile, poor casting choices and even poorer writing keep me from getting excited about any DC movies.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #5 on: April 05, 2016, 03:12:31 AM
What Def said. All of it.

I think Warner/DC has failed to capture part of what makes the Disney/Marvel movie'verse just work. A lot of hard work on the part of the producers and writers, co-ordination, and a willingness to take risks like they did with Antman. So while some of the DCMU movies might work, I just don't see it working out as a single 'verse.

"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #6 on: April 05, 2016, 02:16:39 PM
It should be easier for DC to do than Marvel.  In Marvel you have the Fantastic Four, the Avengers, the Defenders, The Howling Commandos, Alpha Flight, the X- Men.... so many different superhero teams that it is impossible to count, while DC has the Justice League, which is like a Superhero Union.  The moment you save a kitty from a tree you are required to join the Justice League and if you ever break JL rules you are stripped of your spandex, cape and gimmick and sent out to live among the mere mortals.  If you so much as try to do anything heroic after that you are treated as a criminal and you might as well join the bad guy union, the Legion of Doom.

Simplicity like that should be very easy to carry over from one movie/show to another.  It's not like Marvel, where half the good guys are half bad, and most of the bad guys are in it for themselves but have tragic back stories that make them seem like maybe you want them to successfully rob the jewelry store.  Look at the Vulture, one of Spiderman's worst enemies, who was only trying to steal money so he could afford the medication he needed to not die.

Then you have the anti-heroes like Deadpool or the Punisher, who routinely torture and kill people in cold blood.  Are they good because they only kill bad guys?  Are they bad because they kill people without remorse in the first place?  The bad guys fight them because they want to live, the good guys fight them because the bad guys need to be brought to justice, not killed, so what label do they get?

Plus DC has some of the best villains.  The Joker, who has amassed a huge, unending fortune simply to fund his insane genocidal plans, and who cares so little for the wealth that he occasionally burns giant piles of money to lure people close enough to gas them.  Lex Luthor, who also has a fortune and is also a genius, but is calculating and ambitious- the opposite of the Joker, but equally dangerous, and yet routinely bested.  Luckily though he has great lawyers and doesn't ever seem to be committed or serve jail time like the Joker does.

Compare those to a former Nazi either wearing a red skull mask or being disfigured into a red skull, or a fat guy with four extendable arms on his back.  I don't know why New York's Finest SWAT team doesn't just end the Doctor Octopus issue with a well placed head shot.   :ahhh

DC has so much coolness, and yet they continually crank out movies that are so awful they almost cause physical pain to watch.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #7 on: April 05, 2016, 02:20:30 PM
It should be easier for DC to do than Marvel.  In Marvel you have the Fantastic Four, the Avengers, the Defenders, The Howling Commandos, Alpha Flight, the X- Men.... so many different superhero teams that it is impossible to count, while DC has the Justice League, which is like a Superhero Union.  The moment you save a kitty from a tree you are required to join the Justice League and if you ever break JL rules you are stripped of your spandex, cape and gimmick and sent out to live among the mere mortals.  If you so much as try to do anything heroic after that you are treated as a criminal and you might as well join the bad guy union, the Legion of Doom.

Simplicity like that should be very easy to carry over from one movie/show to another.  It's not like Marvel, where half the good guys are half bad, and most of the bad guys are in it for themselves but have tragic back stories that make them seem like maybe you want them to successfully rob the jewelry store.  Look at the Vulture, one of Spiderman's worst enemies, who was only trying to steal money so he could afford the medication he needed to not die.

Then you have the anti-heroes like Deadpool or the Punisher, who routinely torture and kill people in cold blood.  Are they good because they only kill bad guys?  Are they bad because they kill people without remorse in the first place?  The bad guys fight them because they want to live, the good guys fight them because the bad guys need to be brought to justice, not killed, so what label do they get?

Plus DC has some of the best villains.  The Joker, who has amassed a huge, unending fortune simply to fund his insane genocidal plans, and who cares so little for the wealth that he occasionally burns giant piles of money to lure people close enough to gas them.  Lex Luthor, who also has a fortune and is also a genius, but is calculating and ambitious- the opposite of the Joker, but equally dangerous, and yet routinely bested.  Luckily though he has great lawyers and doesn't ever seem to be committed or serve jail time like the Joker does.

Compare those to a former Nazi either wearing a red skull mask or being disfigured into a red skull, or a fat guy with four extendable arms on his back.  I don't know why New York's Finest SWAT team doesn't just end the Doctor Octopus issue with a well placed head shot.   :ahhh

DC has so much coolness, and yet they continually crank out movies that are so awful they almost cause physical pain to watch.

Def
Can't argue with any of that Boss.  :salute:

'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #8 on: April 05, 2016, 02:24:58 PM
Yes yes, I know I'm a nerd.... please feel free to start affixing KICK ME signs to the back of all my clothing....

Def

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #9 on: April 05, 2016, 04:36:54 PM
Show me someone on this forum who isn't a nerd and I'll show you a liar!

Something that annoys me in a lot of superhero stories is that the hero is often responsible for the creation of their enemies. If Batman wasn't around, The Joker wouldn't be around. Does Batman cause more problems than he solves? Would Lex Luther bother if he wasn'r pitting his intellect against a god?

I love comics. The films........I want to like them but I don't think they fair well most of the time. And they nearly always end up fighting battles against villains they have created.

'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #10 on: April 05, 2016, 07:18:52 PM
Show me someone on this forum who isn't a nerd and I'll show you a liar!

Something that annoys me in a lot of superhero stories is that the hero is often responsible for the creation of their enemies. If Batman wasn't around, The Joker wouldn't be around. Does Batman cause more problems than he solves? Would Lex Luther bother if he wasn'r pitting his intellect against a god?

I love comics. The films........I want to like them but I don't think they fair well most of the time. And they nearly always end up fighting battles against villains they have created.

In the same vein, I can understand why someone like Spiderman does what he does- he's q poor kid that got bullied and was given powers in an accident.   It's the only way he can benefit the world around him.

Bruce Wayne on the other hand could do an awful lot with the amount of money he spends being Batman.  There are a number of "cost of being Batman" articles like this one:

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/10/01/how-much-money-would-it-cost-to-be-batman

With well over $680 million dollars invested in pummeling bad guys, you think that he could have opened a factory or something and given all of the poor people of Gotham jobs so they didn't have to resort to crime.   And drug rehab programs.   And after school programs to teach kids not to go down that road in the first place.

The same could be said about Tony Stark, but at least he admits that being a superhero is just as much about his ego as it is doing the right thing.

Def

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%