Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

leatherman bit driver

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
leatherman bit driver
on: November 01, 2006, 04:35:08 AM
I was using my Surge with my stepson to change the wheels from one skateboard to another and when I was finished I removed the bit I was using the little metal spring that snaps the bit into place popped out also.  Luckally I found it and was able to put it back into place but I keeps coming loose after putting the bit in an pulling it out over and over again.  Has this problem happed to anyone else? And does anyone have any suggestions?
"

us Offline CacherX4

Re: leatherman bit driver
Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 04:43:08 AM
I use my bit holder alot on the Charge without any problems...

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 04:46:31 AM
The Charge Ti has been my EDC of choice for awhile now and I've used the bit criver tons of times with no trouble either.  That's why I was suprised when it popped out of my Surge.  But without that metal spring the bit driver is useless. There is nothing to lock the bit into place.
"

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 04:48:54 AM
This hasn't happened to me, but I read about it on another forum. Soon after, I put a drop of clear fingernail polish on the end of the spring where it forms a small loop. I did the same thing on the little spring for the eyeglass screwdriver. I did this about 7 or 8 months ago, and forgot about it until I read your post.

I just checked. I still have both springs and the nail polish is still there, despite several oilings and washings.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline CacherX4

Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 04:53:36 AM
OK, so tonight I have learned to use mineral oil on my tools after washing and I should put some clear nailpolish on my bit holder springs :)  I might give that a try before I have problems.  Thanks Bob for sharing what you have done.

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 04:58:15 AM
That small loop seems to the place where the spring is working loose.  I was thinking about some type of glue or locktight substance. I didn't think about nail polish. If it worked for you I'll have to try it out. Thanks
"

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 09:48:19 AM
I gave my Surge, Wave and Charge bit drivers a nice clear coat of nail polish today :D Who would have thought that shopping for clear nail polish at Wal-Mart would be so difficult.
"

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD