Multitool.org

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Wenger Mini Grip 2671

Admin Team Zombie Apprentice Posts: 14,878
Wenger Mini Grip
« on: August 23, 2011, 03:29:26 PM »
My post in the Gerber forum has ended up being rather expensive!While I still havent found my first full size Gerber,the search has led to me getting a Mini Suspension(more about that else where!),and finding a Wenger MiniGrip! :D

I'd been really excited about this years SOSAK knife of the year,but in the cold light of day,I felt I couldnt justify the money foe a tool I couldnt really carry in the UK,but in reseaching I came across the MiniGrip which seemed quaint but rather useful.

When casing Gerbers,I followed a link which lead to a MiniGrip,and in fine MTo style I paid for it before stopping and thinking :ahhh

Anyway,i5t arrived this morning!

Its the earlier model with the easy open pliers,and didnt inclued a sheath :rant:,but never mind!

First impressions are good,and I'm looking forward to fitting it into my edc rota!

There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!
Sr. Member Posts: 460
Re: Wenger Mini Grip
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 07:43:36 PM »
as usual with SAK. there is always a good feel to it... :tu:
it has a nice 'click' sound, nice plier lock and bit storage..and a nylon Wenger sheath.
a bit demure compared to original SwissGrip. just nice when sheathed.
only that is in transition to its final owner... ::)shesh... (should get a pic or it does not happens!)..nxt posting..its mnight now..

Inner Peace  8-)
Wielder of the Bow of Banishment. Admin Team Point Of No Return Posts: 31,259 El Presidente del Fan Club Micky D
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 07:52:04 PM »
This is one I've always kinda fancied but never got around to buying one.  Never even played with one now that I think about it. :(  I'll be interested to know how you get on with it mate. :tu:

Try not to be the person who blunders around and causes everyone else to get out the way.  Everyone else thinks you're a utter...
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 17,037 I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 08:49:49 PM »
This is one I've always kinda fancied but never got around to buying one.  Never even played with one now that I think about it. :(  I'll be interested to know how you get on with it mate. :tu:

Me too  :tu:

I had one for a while, mine had the serrated main blade. I'm a big fan of the swissgrip/wengergrip but never quite got the same feel with the minigrip. I liked it, I'm a sucker for fixed pliers, but it didnt suit my needs.

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 7,569 \o/
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 08:55:53 PM »
I never really noticed this model, but I just found a stainless steel version which looks nice!
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 11:34:28 PM »
I never really noticed this model, but I just found a stainless steel version which looks nice!

:pok: :pok:Pictures! :twak:

There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!
Admin Team Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 23,276
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 05:20:57 AM »

Those are hard to find Reinier. You should get it if the price is right. :tu:

In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 11:11:44 AM »

Well it's one of these:

Those are hard to find Reinier. You should get it if the price is right. :tu:

What would be a good price? :pok: It's EUR 65.00 and there's no shipping to the Netherlands (seller is German).

Maybe one of our German members (or Jmora ;) ) is interested?
Head Turd Polisher Administrator Just Bananas Posts: 61,322 Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2011, 10:26:18 PM »
Now you just need to get it autographed by the CEO of Wenger like I did!  :D

Def

Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2011, 10:42:04 PM »
Hah, now that's pretty cool!
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2011, 12:39:26 AM »

What would be a good price? :pok: It's EUR 65.00 and there's no shipping to the Netherlands (seller is German).

Maybe one of our German members (or Jmora ;) ) is interested?

Think it would be pricey if it were celledor,but then again,it is rare and sexy!

Global Moderator Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 20,112 I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 12:49:29 AM »
There's a new one in cellidor on ebay for 50+9 shipping with pouch. US only. It's listed under pocketgrip. They pop up every so often at around that price. 5 usd more or less.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 12:56:54 AM by enki_ck »

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 5,245 AKA Knife Crazied
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 02:13:45 AM »
I might have one of those also?  :D

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2011, 03:48:27 AM »
I love those wee knife stands you use Ashley

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 5,245 AKA Knife Crazied
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2011, 07:36:29 AM »
@kirk13 send me an addy and I'll send ya one out if you wish. :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
October Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: $34.00
PayPal Fees: $2.18