Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SAKWiki -- New Software --

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Re: SAKWiki -- New Software --
Reply #30 on: October 10, 2011, 03:25:26 AM

Site registrations have be re-enabled until further notice.  :cheers:

If at least one person could report back that the registrations are working that would be great.  After registering you should get an email with a link to confirm your registration.

Thanks  :salute:

us Offline tattoosteve99

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #31 on: October 10, 2011, 03:39:38 AM
Waiting on email......
If I remember correctly, wait, what was I saying?

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: October 10, 2011, 04:23:57 AM
Waiting on email......
OK Thanks.  I guess in the past only one of the user admins had to validate the registration, so I'm not sure if they will need to validate before you get the email or after you get the email, or maybe there is a problem and the email will not be sent. 

We'll see soon enough, I let them know your request is pending.  Hopefully it all works.

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: October 10, 2011, 12:41:13 PM
I see a number of people have registered in the last 8 hrs or so, did anyone get confirmation emails? 

I'll check with user admins if they got notifications of the registration requests.

us Offline tattoosteve99

Reply #34 on: October 10, 2011, 01:51:13 PM
I haven't received nothing as of yet :(

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: October 11, 2011, 03:28:52 AM
It appears we are having some issues with validations.  I'm waiting to hear back from people. 

Steve I manually tried to send you and one other registar another email to validate.  Not sure it will work, we'll have to see. 

I also tried to manually validate everyone from the last 12 hours, but no luck sorry.  Maybe we'll have better news tomorrow.

us Offline tattoosteve99

Reply #36 on: October 11, 2011, 08:39:34 AM
Nothing yet. I checked my spam folder also.

nz Offline KiwiMark

Reply #37 on: October 12, 2011, 03:17:45 PM
No sign of my e-mail either.
"Mr. Carl Elsener and his Victorinox brand of knives is the undisputed king of knives in the world today."

- Sal Glesser (Bladeforums - 8 Jan 2011)

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #38 on: October 12, 2011, 04:49:43 PM
I haven't gotten mine.

england Offline macabee

Reply #39 on: October 13, 2011, 05:45:42 PM
Me neither :ahhh
"One SAK is all right. Two are too many, and three are not enough"

us Offline tattoosteve99

Reply #40 on: October 14, 2011, 02:35:21 AM
Still nothing. I think it's a no go :(   Anyway you can get them to turn the search function on.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #41 on: October 14, 2011, 04:30:27 AM
Okay, sounds like we've still got a few bugs to work out. :-\ Please bear with us fellas :salute:
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #42 on: October 14, 2011, 06:26:00 PM
Hi,

It's clear registrations are not working on the new software, so they have been disabled again.  Hopefully the system administrators that look after the OS level stuff can figure it out soon.

I'll collect a list of those that tried to register, and maybe we can find time to manually enter some of the users that requested registration.

us Offline tattoosteve99

Reply #43 on: October 14, 2011, 07:58:33 PM
Oh me, (sticks hand in air and waves frantically) me,me, me pick me.

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #44 on: October 14, 2011, 10:05:18 PM
Oh me, (sticks hand in air and waves frantically) me,me, me pick me.

Thanks for helping out.  Jake has sent you an email with your temporary password.   

If you still have a problem let us know.

:cheers:

us Offline tattoosteve99

Reply #45 on: October 14, 2011, 10:10:04 PM
Got the email!!! (fingers crossed) :tu:

us Offline tattoosteve99

Reply #46 on: October 14, 2011, 10:12:11 PM
Woot!!!!!!!!!!!!! It works!!!!!!!!! Woot!!!!!!!! Thanks.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #47 on: November 20, 2011, 10:11:37 PM
After a bit over a month since I sent the request I just got a confirmation email and I signed in to the SAKwiki no problems. So is it working now or was my request granted manually? Either way, thank you. :tu:

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #48 on: November 20, 2011, 10:39:33 PM
If the only email you received was from Jake, then you account was validate manually.  It appears that atleast not I can validate an account manually, but I may only be able to do this when registrations are enabled.  So they currently show as enabled, but I'm not sure if user confirmed auto registration is active. 

Your name was picked because youre name was recognozed.  We spend a bunch of time trying to get another user registered and needed now an additional test case.  Somehow Tattosteve wa sregistered, but the same process did not appear to work for another. 

I think now I have the ability to manually approve registrations, so I'll be doing so starting next week, because many people registered more than a months ago. Names I recognize from MTO will likely be done first so we can collect feedback.

Let me know if everything is good, once you have logged in and tried a few things.  Maybe try correcting a typo or two or uploading an image that is needed.  There is still may be a glitch or two.

Hopefully we can get more people registered in the coming week.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #49 on: November 20, 2011, 11:31:36 PM
If the only email you received was from Jake, then you account was validate manually.

I recieved two emails, one from sakwiki@gmail.com "The administrator approved your account." and one from Jake "Your usernmame "enki_ck" was registered on SAKwiki.com. "

Let me know if everything is good, once you have logged in and tried a few things.  Maybe try correcting a typo or two or uploading an image that is needed.  There is still may be a glitch or two.

I edited the entry for the Wenger Forester, I added 1.017.009.000 to the Identifiers and that it's also known as Classic 17, (the European name for it), hope it's OK.

Also I thought I my be good to add the weight to the description. What do you think?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 11:33:49 PM by enki_ck »

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #50 on: November 21, 2011, 02:09:02 AM
If the only email you received was from Jake, then you account was validate manually.

I recieved two emails, one from sakwiki@gmail.com "The administrator approved your account." and one from Jake "Your usernmame "enki_ck" was registered on SAKwiki.com. "

I edited the entry for the Wenger Forester, I added 1.017.009.000 to the Identifiers and that it's also known as Classic 17, (the European name for it), hope it's OK.

Also I thought I my be good to add the weight to the description. What do you think?

Thanks for your feedback, since you have gotten two messages I hope that means that maybe automatic registration is now working for new users. 

I'll look at your edits, seem fine, but since most Wenger pages were not edited yet for the new software, you may have noticed that the description now does not display and says it needs approval.  I'll fix this on this particular model so so it won't happen on future edits.  you can review what I changed in case you modify another model as most likely the same edits will be required to fix the description.

Yes all models should have length, width and weight.  This model does not have the proper section for that even in the page.  I will add that, and feel free to add it to other knives that don't have the standard layout.

NOTE: as per the actual values for Width and Weight; I request that you only enter these  if you have measured them yourself, as there are so many problems with the numbers shown on manufacturers sites.  Also the width varies so always take it mid-point just behind where the corkscrew or Phillips folds.

Thanks!

us Offline tattoosteve99

Reply #51 on: November 21, 2011, 03:33:16 AM
Somehow Tattosteve wa sregistered, but the same process did not appear to work for another. 
That's because I'm special :tu: lol

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #52 on: February 05, 2012, 06:35:18 PM
New Registrations

So were members here that wanted to register able to register on SAKwiki?  Over the last couple of months there have been hundreds of attempted registrations, many of them spam, many unconfirmed. 

I have disabled registrations again because of all the unconfirmed random usernames requested for registration.  I don't have a good idea how many legitiment registrations took place. 

Some feedback would be good, so we know what the current state is.

Thanks!

us Offline tattoosteve99

Reply #53 on: February 05, 2012, 09:48:26 PM
I'm glad at least mine still works! Thanks again :tu:

england Offline macabee

Reply #54 on: February 06, 2012, 04:54:14 PM
Mine too :tu:
"One SAK is all right. Two are too many, and three are not enough"

us Offline stressmaster5000

• No Life Club
  • No PM's - just email please
Reply #55 on: April 15, 2012, 06:57:37 PM
I added some photos for several country National Flag Classics but was unable to change the "Series" SAKWicki page to reflect links to those new photos. Could someone fix that? The photos are in the Flag Classics Photo Album.

The new country Flag Classics added are;
  • Italy
  • Austria
  • France
  • Liechtenstein

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #56 on: April 15, 2012, 08:13:26 PM
Unfortunately the new software has some bugs, the most serious is it's ability to handle very large more complex pages.  The Series page is broken in that it cannot be edited.

The page was a bit big though so I've started to split it into multiple pages, but have not put all the scafolding in place yet since I don't really like some aspects of how that works.

Anyway I'll try to get to it, as there are a number of updates that are needed for the series.  Check back tomorrow, something should be in place to allow you to edit the appropriate section. 

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #57 on: May 06, 2012, 03:22:47 AM
Due to some bugs in the wiki software with Wiki-Words and linking to certain pages I've had to adjust the software setting to not automatically link what it considers a WikiWord (e.g RangerGrip). 

The good news is you will never have to enter ))RangerGrip(( when you don't intend it to be a link.

The bad news all the ))RangerGrips((, ))NewRanger((, ))SwissBianco(( and the like that are already entered on the wiki site now appear literally as they are entered, that is the )) and (( are now displayed. 

As I have time I will remove these annoyances, but if you come across some feel free to delete the )) and ((.

Thanks for your patients.

ch Offline victor7000

• No Life Club
Reply #58 on: May 06, 2012, 09:32:08 PM

Many thanks for all the great work you are doing with SAKWiki  :cheers:
I really appreciate it.  :salute:

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #59 on: May 12, 2012, 03:18:32 AM

Many thanks for all the great work you are doing with SAKWiki  :cheers:
I really appreciate it.  :salute:
Thanks!  :cheers:

Still many changes coming, but I hope I'll be able to take a break one day.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $81.95
PayPal Fees: $4.26
Net Balance: $77.69
Below Goal: $222.31
Site Currency: USD
26%