Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My EDC TRIO : MUT, CX, Style "Skeletool Platform"

us Offline Accujohn

• No Life Club
on: September 10, 2011, 01:18:30 AM
I wanted to shoot these three together because I love to carry them together. (a bit much, I know) but there it is. I think the skeletool style platform is about the sexiest, most innovative design out there right now. Anyone else drawn to these three models?
mutGroup1.jpg
* mutGroup1.jpg (Filesize: 92.02 KB)
mutGroup2.jpg
* mutGroup2.jpg (Filesize: 94.27 KB)

ph Offline edap617

• No Life Club
Re: My EDC TRIO : MUT, CX, Style "Skeletool Platform"
Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 01:30:25 AM
Very nice combination.

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 01:37:13 AM
I wanted to shoot these three together because I love to carry them together. (a bit much, I know) but there it is. I think the skeletool style platform is about the sexiest, most innovative design out there right now. Anyone else drawn to these three models?

Personally, no  :-\

I do have a Skele, but find that the traditional style works much better for me and tend to go for the more classic tool shape unless I'm trying to go really light (and even then I'll have a small SAK too). I've played with a Style briefly, and again - not for me, I'd rather have a SAK at that size. I've never handled a MUT

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline Accujohn

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 02:05:47 AM
I agree the platform may not work for everyone, but i just prefer the more compactness of the design for carry. I still have the traditional surge etc for home use which is really the only place i find myself needing the extra tools. The handles also stay snug when closed and i've found the trads have a way of opening when pocket clipped. Part of me also just likes the aesthetics. If i could only have 1 tool for carry and home, it would be different: the Surge probably

us Offline Accujohn

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 03:08:19 AM
My son is not one for new tool concepts either:
rjstool.jpg
* rjstool.jpg (Filesize: 68.97 KB)

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
  • "Survival must be earned"-Klingon Proverb
Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 03:42:46 PM
If it weren't for the price, I'd grab the MUT in a heartbeat :multi:
"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall;
 Some run from breaks of ice, and answer none:
 And some condemned for a fault alone." -William Shakespeare, King Lear (1608), Act IV, scene 6, line 169

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 04:08:39 PM

Personally, no  :-\

I do have a Skele, but find that the traditional style works much better for me and tend to go for the more classic tool shape unless I'm trying to go really light (and even then I'll have a small SAK too). I've played with a Style briefly, and again - not for me, I'd rather have a SAK at that size. I've never handled a MUT

Sadly I have to echo this. :-\  I can happily live with the Style CS, good scissors, useful little blade, just a little limited in function compared to the Micra.  But I can't quite get along with my Skeletool.  I've no real issue with the pliers, though I don't think they're the most comfortable out there, but it's as a screwdriver that I think it really doesn't work.  It may just be me but I just can't get a comfortable grip on the thing when trying to put a screw in. :-\ 
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

bn Offline jojotlc

Reply #7 on: September 11, 2011, 05:40:10 PM
i'm getting Stlye CS/PS soon and compare its combination with its brothers..MUT, Skele..
Skele is my quick reach tool for office based work, if not much heavy duty stuff involved, like retightening screw, cutting boxes etc.
Maybe palm size factors skele user as its rounded..it works for me..smally, Handling ST300 in shop, oth is a bit hefty but usable for its traditional plier handle, better for heavy stuffs as intended.
Skele screw works might be better with extension (Mut version)  if i read it correctly somewhere. . :think:
Inner Peace  8-)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD