Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Anyone like to quit smoking with me?

ca Offline Beerplumber

• No Life Club
on: September 10, 2011, 02:28:58 AM
Did the math... I'm smoking a new multi per month :ahhh:

ca Offline Beerplumber

• No Life Club
Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 02:32:40 AM
I'm still smoking but if anyone would like to do this together or a bunch of us might help.  I honestly don't know where to start

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Re: Anyone like to quit smoking with me?
Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 02:41:43 AM
I quit for a month after my oral surgery and hate myself for starting again. I am going to quit after my B-Day which is coming up here soon. I will jump on the support group before than but will be quitting in a few weeks.
I'm the milk man!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 02:48:48 AM
Give me a week or so to start and I'm with you! :D

Def

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 02:54:44 AM

Def

Are you being serious or making fun of me?    :think:

EDIT: Or are you saying you have to start smoking first to quit?  Im so confused.  :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Chain Gang

Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 03:53:41 AM
I stopped my three pack a day habit 20 years ago.It wasn't easy but every time I wanted a smoke I reminded myself that my dad died of lung cancer.Lung cancer is a hard way to go my friends.I applaud you for wanting to quit and look at all the money you will save.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #6 on: September 10, 2011, 04:00:40 AM

Def

EDIT: Or are you saying you have to start smoking first to quit?  Im so confused.  :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

I don't smoke, so I would have to start, but then I'll be happy to try and quit with everyone.  I just want to fit in with the cool kids.  :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #7 on: September 10, 2011, 04:36:52 AM

Def

I don't smoke, so I would have to start, but then I'll be happy to try and quit with everyone.  I just want to fit in with the cool kids.  :D

Def

Your already a cool kid don't worry.  :D
I'm the milk man!

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #8 on: September 10, 2011, 06:57:50 AM
I'm still smoking but if anyone would like to do this together or a bunch of us might help.  I honestly don't know where to start

Beerplumber,

I'd like to join you as I have been wanting to quit. I do enjoy smoking but they sure aren't healthy. But as it is there is more at stake than just my good health. If I quit I'd likely go to prison.

The amount of stupid people I run into on a daily basis, the level of stupidity and ignorance displayed in front of me and around me nearly everyday..........my intolerance and impatience for such as well as my complete lack of political correctness........well, cigarettes are the one thing that keeps me calm enough through my days that I don't end up beating some idiot down into a pile of bloody goo.

My cigarettes, I do believe, have saved more lives than they will ever take. So I'll have to opt out this time around......and wish you well on your endeavour to quit. Good luck!

2xTap
Knives, Watches, and Flashlights are like Guns......you can never have too many!

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #9 on: September 10, 2011, 07:18:32 AM
Excellent idea Beerplumber.. :tu: I quit nearly two tears ago, 9/28 to be exactly, and without a doubt one of the best things I've ever done..  :)
I smoked 20-30 cigarettes a day for almost 18 or 19 years and lost my breath on stairs, while working ect.. It wasn't a walk in the park quitting and I bought nicotine gum from day one and kicked that new "habit" later on.
I'm not anti-smoker in any way and I still stand outside with them at parties ect, but I'm glad I don't feel the urge to smoke anymore, not even after a few beers.. :D
I started running three times a week and I'm now in better shape than I've been for a long time.  :) Not saying everyone should do so, it just helped me keep my focus, seeing that I actally made huge progress in a short time after I quit..
So I'm right behind you buddy and I'll give you all the back-up I can..  :tu:

us Offline tattoosteve99

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #10 on: September 10, 2011, 07:28:42 AM

Beerplumber,

I'd like to join you as I have been wanting to quit. I do enjoy smoking but they sure aren't healthy. But as it is there is more at stake than just my good health. If I quit I'd likely go to prison.

The amount of stupid people I run into on a daily basis, the level of stupidity and ignorance displayed in front of me and around me nearly everyday..........my intolerance and impatience for such as well as my complete lack of political correctness........well, cigarettes are the one thing that keeps me calm enough through my days that I don't end up beating some idiot down into a pile of bloody goo.

My cigarettes, I do believe, have saved more lives than they will ever take. So I'll have to opt out this time around......and wish you well on your endeavour to quit. Good luck!

2xTap

Here here. Stupid people suck. I work with a crap load of them. They use a screwdriver and hammer to fix machines. Lol. Anyway I would like to quit but just can't muster up the nerve. If I did quit I'd have to double up my meds to keep me calm. I'll think about it but it's a great idea.
If I remember correctly, wait, what was I saying?

il Offline Threeme2189

• No Life Club
  • When in doubt, use a bigger hammer.
Reply #11 on: September 10, 2011, 01:48:31 PM
I don't smoke but I'm with you guys all the way :tu:
I'm sure it's hard to stop, but if you need a kick in the right direction you can always count on me :P
Chuck Norris' preferred iron supplement is rebar.

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
  • You will not laugh! You will not cry!
Reply #12 on: September 10, 2011, 05:41:39 PM
I quit smoking almost 3 years ago and there are some occasions where I really miss taking a smoke, I don’t have the craving for one I just remember how good it was, like when having a beer like I am now (Skål) or after a really good meal. But the hardest for me quitting was the smokeless tobacco (snus), that was pure hell and I only made it with the help of smoking. So my advice is don’t exchange a bad habit with another like I did when I first dried to quit smoking with snus, just got me addicted to another bad thing :P

Bud I wish you all the best and hope that you will kick the habit and that  the increased quality of your life will be motivation enough to not start again.
There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives.

ca Offline Beerplumber

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: September 10, 2011, 09:58:33 PM
You guys rock. I want to quit so bad.

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #14 on: September 11, 2011, 12:17:10 AM
I'm with 2xTap and Tattoosteve. Me without nicotine + pointy objects in my possession + stupid people = a BAD situation. Besides, I quit drinking over three years ago, and I feel that I should be entitled to at least one vice  :). I roll my own, so I can make a pack for $1.50. I have cut back a lot, (and actually switched to filters  :)) but have found that my pipe and cigar use has seen a slight bump  ::). Seriously, quitting would be a great thing to do, but I'm not quite ready to jump in just yet.
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #15 on: September 11, 2011, 01:56:57 AM
As I understand it, the most effective way to quit smoking to to associate smoking with something negative.  So, get yourself a ball peen hammer, and every time you have a craving, give yourself a good shot to the jewels with it.  Withdrawal will be a breeze once you get through the first few cravings!   :ahhh

Def

us Offline tattoosteve99

Reply #16 on: September 11, 2011, 02:17:49 AM
As I understand it, the most effective way to quit smoking to to associate smoking with something negative.  So, get yourself a ball peen hammer, and every time you have a craving, give yourself a good shot to the jewels with it.  Withdrawal will be a breeze once you get through the first few cravings!   :ahhh

Def

Well smurf. That would work. Wouldnt take to many cravings before that would stop. Or the hammer would go flying out the window. :rofl:

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #17 on: September 11, 2011, 02:23:51 AM

Def

Hey that would probably work great.  ;)
I'm the milk man!

us Offline tattoosteve99

Reply #18 on: September 11, 2011, 05:01:48 AM
Well further thought on this and I may be quitting myself. I saw at the store a thing called n-joy. A nicotine electronic cigarette. At $20 and comes with a "carton" of "smoke" I think I will give it a try. 

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #19 on: September 11, 2011, 05:18:56 AM
Well further thought on this and I may be quitting myself. I saw at the store a thing called n-joy. A nicotine electronic cigarette. At $20 and comes with a "carton" of "smoke" I think I will give it a try.

Be careful with those. If I remember correctly there was a big controversy over people getting sick form the Chinese made ones. Do your research before you buy.  :tu:
I'm the milk man!

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #20 on: September 11, 2011, 07:11:52 AM
I saw at the store a thing called n-joy. A nicotine electronic cigarette. At $20 and comes with a "carton" of "smoke" I think I will give it a try.
I know both DaveK and Nuphoria/chrissy has an extended knowledge about
those e-cigarettes/Vaping, so maybe they can be helpful..
Here's the link in Dave sigline to his blog/Forum: http://wp.thehappyvaper.com/?p=655

Dave's not around as much as he used to, but I'm sure chrissy will chime in..  :)

ph Offline Teofilo

• No Life Club
Reply #21 on: September 11, 2011, 09:55:55 AM
Quit Smoking.
I did nine months ago. You'll feel wonderful after you quit, I tell you. :tu:

Here are some benefits of smoking cessation (I copied from the net):

Every breath I take feels so clean and refreshing
I'm not tired during the day...yet I sleep like a rock at night
I have more stamina, endurance, and confidence
More cash in my pocket
My clothes don't stink
I'm not ashamed of smoking anymore
My anxiety level has gone way, way down
I can breathe!
I'm working out like a champ
I am in control of ME
No more coughing
I'm eating better--I used to substitute cigarettes for food a lot
I can smell again
My complexion is much better
My heart feels relaxed...like it can do more work with less effort now
Less heartburn and indigestion.

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #22 on: September 11, 2011, 11:16:44 AM

The electronic cigs that look like cigs aren't much good in my opinion, their batteries are so small that they don't last long enough and you put too much strain on the little cells meaning they pack up too soon.

If you don't mind an ecig not looking like a cig there are much better alternatives.  Have a look at something like a Janty ego tank or similar instead.  As Alan mentioned DaveK is the man to have a chat with he'd quite the expert :tu:

Alot of the Chinese juice is fine, check some of the bigger online forums for advice as to what to get from where.  There are some juice manufacturers in the US.  Freedom Smoke USA comes to mind as a quality maker.

Good luck to all of you who are quitting  :salute:

IMO ecigs aren't quitting really, you still get a nicotine hit so its more like switching to a less harmful alternative, but that's good too :)
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

ca Offline Beerplumber

• No Life Club
Reply #23 on: September 12, 2011, 05:19:07 PM
I bought one of these Steve called "smoke NV", I chose it cause it does not have nicotine in it. Sounds silly bit if your not really paying attention you can't puff on it but still break the habit and not start a new addiction.  I'm going to try and cut back as much as possible and aim for going cig smoke free for October.  Wifey supports replacing cigs with multi tools so every cig free month is a new multi!  I really want to do this.  Anybody try the pills? Champex and the like? 

ca Offline Beerplumber

• No Life Club
Reply #24 on: September 12, 2011, 05:28:24 PM
Btw thanks all for the support!  Even if you do want me to sack myself with a hammer...

us Offline tattoosteve99

Reply #25 on: September 13, 2011, 12:30:28 AM
I can't take chantax. I have mild seizures from time to time and that's a no no with chantax. I haven't heard of any real success with that drug. Most people I know of that took it said it just made them relax and smoke more.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #26 on: September 13, 2011, 04:01:19 AM
Btw thanks all for the support!  Even if you do want me to sack myself with a hammer...

You say that like it's a bad thing.... :P

Def

us Offline tattoosteve99

Reply #27 on: September 13, 2011, 04:20:57 AM
Well I haves slowed down from a pack a day to 1/2 a pack. It's not much but it's a start.

ca Offline Beerplumber

• No Life Club
Reply #28 on: September 13, 2011, 06:35:28 AM
Well I haves slowed down from a pack a day to 1/2 a pack. It's not much but it's a start.
cool man I'm in.  Thinking about quitting makes me anxious and want to smoke more.  Anyways no pressure, no deadline and the fewer the better.  Every smoke skipped is a success and one step closer to a new ST300. 

us Offline tattoosteve99

Reply #29 on: September 13, 2011, 08:56:00 AM
Yeah for me my weakness is an nice new shiny SAK. ;)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%