Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad by logging in.

What are we eating today, 139035

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 16,106

Zed gb

What are we eating today,
« on: September 11, 2011, 01:50:53 PM »
lamb meatball casarole for me and the girls today for tea  :D

No Life Club Posts: 1,432
Re: What are we eating today,
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 04:08:47 PM »
My wife has a soft spot for lamb.  :D

Saturday I made a pot of ham and red beans, served over basmatti rice.

And a homemade carrot cake with (also homemade) cream cheese frosting.

Zed gb

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 04:11:51 PM »
My wife has a soft spot for lamb.  :D

Saturday I made a pot of ham and red beans, served over basmatti rice.

And a homemade carrot cake with (also homemade) cream cheese frosting.

:drool:  that sounds very yummmy, i love my slow cooker as you stick it all in and just leave it  :D saves rushing around later ,  :tu:
No Life Club Posts: 1,432
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 04:38:35 PM »
i love my slow cooker as you stick it all in and just leave it  :D saves rushing around later

So do we! We did pork & beans in the slow cooker a few weeks back.

Also, the slow cooker doesn't heat up the house. Our oven stays off from June-August.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 04:40:15 PM by shamus »
No Life Club Posts: 3,274
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 04:54:09 PM »
That soup looks delicious!  I love pic's of knives in the kitchen!  You know I've only had lamb
once and I made sure it was at a reputable restaurant and was not disappointed, it was very
nice!  I've got to get back in and get some more. :)

Zed gb

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 05:11:34 PM »
i love my slow cooker as you stick it all in and just leave it  :D saves rushing around later

So do we! We did pork & beans in the slow cooker a few weeks back.

Also, the slow cooker doesn't heat up the house. Our oven stays off from June-August.

this is a new one, my lovely wife dropped the inside part of the last one  :-\ we didnt replace it for a few months and i really missed it, glad to have one back .

That soup looks delicious!  I love pic's of knives in the kitchen!  You know I've only had lamb
once and I made sure it was at a reputable restaurant and was not disappointed, it was very
nice!  I've got to get back in and get some more. :)

i love lamb, we dont have it very often but it is one tasty meat, i could never be a vegie as got a bad enough limited diet  :D
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 5,229 buh
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 06:23:08 PM »
so, im round yours for tea tonight then paul?  :D

I
Wielder of the Bow of Banishment. Admin Team Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 28,562 El Presidente del Fan Club Micky D
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2011, 07:13:07 PM »
Just finished a nice steak pie with new potatoes and green beans.  very nice. :)  Those lamb meatballs look delicious as well though. :tu:

Zed gb

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2011, 08:08:01 PM »
your welcome any time ryan  :tu:

and gareth they was lovely  :drool:  :tu: and enough left for monday  :ahhh  :ahhh  :D
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 19,472 What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2011, 08:09:04 PM »
Wow looks amazing. We don't eat to much Lamb here in the states but I pretty much eat anything.  :drool:

I'm the milk man!
Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod Admin Team Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 15,073 I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2011, 08:33:12 PM »
Mmmm.... we're about to have BBQ pulled pork with mash and sweetcorn :D

A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 13,375 I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2011, 08:35:42 PM »
Roast lamb for me, accompanied by Jacket potato (lashings of butter), fresh home grown (cheers Dad) carrots, green beans and garden peas. Plenty of mint sauce and gravy

... I want to eat it all again now

Most Used Victorinox: - Climber Small, Alox Rambler, 70s Outdoorsman, CT41, Spirit X, + mods
Most Used Wenger: - Various Travellers, Pocket Tool Chest, + mods
Most Used Gerber: - Balance, Dime, + mods
Most Used Leatherman: Sideclip, Anniversary Wave, + mods
Current Mods (in use): MP426, Fuse-ilier, DEsTroyer, The PUG, Mega84, The Sheepsfoot Duke, TurboDiesel, Neutered Octane, Brian

***NEW "FOR SALE" THREAD COMING SOON***
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 5,229 buh
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2011, 08:40:03 PM »
i had lamb casserole with jacket potatoes and carrots and runner beans from the garden  :)

I

Zed gb

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2011, 08:50:53 PM »
so did i start a almb thing or was it just a lamb day  :D  all sounds great guys n gals  :drool:  :tu: im onto the biscuits now  :D
Hero Member Posts: 500
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2011, 12:24:05 AM »
I combined lima beans,blackeyed peas,and navy beans with sausage.I then added chopped bell peppers and onions.This mess is served over rice or corn bread.I made eight quarts so I will be eating this for awhile.
Admin Team Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 8,875 Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2011, 06:19:37 AM »
My wife likes to make a Ministrone with Meat in it.  She makes about 8 quarts at a time as well.  I really love that stuff!

Sean

Support the forum and shop at the Multitool.org Store!!!

Zed gb

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2011, 09:11:48 AM »
I combined lima beans,blackeyed peas,and navy beans with sausage.I then added chopped bell peppers and onions.This mess is served over rice or corn bread.I made eight quarts so I will be eating this for awhile.

Yum that sounds nice  :drool: as does your wifes ministrone with meat  :drool: i made panackes for breakfast for the girls and wife i cant eat them due to not being able to eat dairy or wheat, i did use my flour though as i could not find the normal stuff  :D they loved it, dam pepper pigs fault as she had pancakes this am so the girls decided they wanted them as well  :rofl:
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 19,472 What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2011, 09:16:14 AM »
Im not eating anything. My Jaw pain came back.  :rant:

I'm the milk man!

Zed gb

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2011, 09:20:52 AM »

are you talking too much capt  ::)  :D  hope it improves mate  :tu:
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2011, 09:24:39 AM »

Talking to you guys but not physically talking.  :D It feels like out of nowhere it just got swollen and all tender.  >:(

I'm the milk man!

Zed gb

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2011, 10:29:44 AM »

Talking to you guys but not physically talking.  :D It feels like out of nowhere it just got swollen and all tender.  >:(

I had this once and it turned out to be a infection in my gums  :-\ hope it heals its self mate  :tu: take care, could be a liquid diet for you today  ;)
Admin Team Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 14,117 Sir Kirk of Blamington Hall
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2011, 02:24:08 PM »
@Capt Spaulding:I know a dentist who uses a SwissTool...? :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :twak:

My flatmate has gone on 5 days holiday today with his G/F.That means I can have steak,and chops,and sausages,and Spam Fritters this week :D :D :D

Smoke me a kipper,I'll be back for breakfast!

There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

Zed gb

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2011, 02:25:49 PM »
@Capt Spaulding:I know a dentist who uses a SwissTool...? :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :twak:

My flatmate has gone on 5 days holiday today with his G/F.That means I can have steak,and chops,and sausages,and Spam Fritters this week :D :D :D

is he a vegie Kirk  :D or doesnt he like fritters  :rofl:
Admin Team Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 14,117 Sir Kirk of Blamington Hall
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2011, 02:48:03 PM »

He'll eat anything thats not Mammal ??? Crummed Chicken and oven potato wedges and baked beans are standard fare.I dont complain if I'm just in from work and its served up warm,but give me pasta,curries,you know,stuff with flavour,and veggies,and sauces,and herbs and spices and taste!!!!!!!!!

Smoke me a kipper,I'll be back for breakfast!

There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

Zed gb

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2011, 03:00:58 PM »

He'll eat anything thats not Mammal ??? Crummed Chicken and oven potato wedges and baked beans are standard fare.I dont complain if I'm just in from work and its served up warm,but give me pasta,curries,you know,stuff with flavour,and veggies,and sauces,and herbs and spices and taste!!!!!!!!!

not mammal, ive not heard of that  :think: i love spicy stuff but spicy stuff dont like me sadly, chicken corma and bombai potatoe are my favourites  :tu:
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 9,399 You're amongst friends.
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2011, 05:04:08 PM »
That makes me want a lamb gyro with cucumber sauce or some nice lamb chops and sweet potatoes  :drool:

SAW

Weilder of the MP600 and many other neat gadgets :tu:

Zed gb

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2011, 06:18:32 PM »
That makes me want a lamb gyro with cucumber sauce or some nice lamb chops and sweet potatoes  :drool:

just heating up some more for tonight  :D  :drool:
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 6,001 Not taking any more orders.
What are we eating today,
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2011, 01:28:08 AM »
Well today I'm eating food. Tomorrow I'll probably eat the same thing. Sorry had too. Lol. Lmao
No Life Club Posts: 4,146 Is there a cure for multitool separation anxiety?
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2011, 02:00:38 AM »
On low income was eating PB&J, burritos, corn dogs, and Raman noodles. Of recent income, spent some on this big 4 to 20 cup rice cooker and steamer.

Spent some of that income on an Aroma 20-Cup Digital Cool-Touch Rice Cooker two days ago. Found at Walmart for $37.

First day I overkilled on rice, not enough water, and there was not enough room with the steamer. Then saw these black parts in the rice and asked my friend about it on Pidgin. He said was probably rat turds or insect parts.  :o  Suddenly lost my appetite and grabbed a Foster's Lager:D

Second day (last night) I had the best rice and steamed veggies yet!

Had a Foster's Lager, and yes... I ate with them rosewood chopsticks too!

My simple recipe:
• Added 2 cups Royal Blend rice
• 1 teaspoon of Canola oil
• Dash of Black Pepper
• 3 Chicken bullion cubes
• 3 cups distilled water
 Set cooker on warm setting.

• Peeled, Cut, sliced up 3 small Idaho potatoes, half a yellow onion, 2 long carrots.
• Inserted the steamer, added that and some frozen broccoli, cauliflower, & pepper strips.
  Set cooker on the Brown Rice setting.

I'm have leftovers tonight! Might entertain it with a burrito. :)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 03:18:17 AM by Xelkos »

Zed gb

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2011, 10:30:25 AM »
On low income was eating PB&J, burritos, corn dogs, and Raman noodles. Of recent income, spent some on this big 4 to 20 cup rice cooker and steamer.

Spent some of that income on an Aroma 20-Cup Digital Cool-Touch Rice Cooker two days ago. Found at Walmart for $37.

(Image removed from quote.)

First day I overkilled on rice, not enough water, and there was not enough room with the steamer. Then saw these black parts in the rice and asked my friend about it on Pidgin. He said was probably rat turds or insect parts.  :o  Suddenly lost my appetite and grabbed a Foster's Lager:D

Second day (last night) I had the best rice and steamed veggies yet!

Had a Foster's Lager, and yes... I ate with them rosewood chopsticks too!

My simple recipe:
• Added 2 cups Royal Blend rice
• 1 teaspoon of Canola oil
• Dash of Black Pepper
• 3 Chicken bullion cubes
• 3 cups distilled water
 Set cooker on warm setting.

• Peeled, Cut, sliced up 3 small Idaho potatoes, half a yellow onion, 2 long carrots.
• Inserted the steamer, added that and some frozen broccoli, cauliflower, & pepper strips.
  Set cooker on the Brown Rice setting.

I'm have leftovers tonight! Might entertain it with a burrito. :)

sounds nice ill have to give that one a go, when i lived by myself many moons ago i lived on baked beans on toast and breakfast in a tin  :D there was obvious side effects  :ahhh  :rofl:

Operational Funds

Keep the Unworkable working! Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $275.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $95.00
PayPal Fees: $5.38
Net Balance: $89.62
Below Goal: $185.38
Site Currency: USD
33% 
March Donations

Community Links