Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Senseless

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Senseless
on: December 19, 2007, 04:29:43 PM
That's the only way to describe what happened, and that also describes how I want to beat the person who did it.

As you all probably know by now, I work at a bar.  Well, I am unamused by the indignities that happen to my car while I am at work.  I got a few scratches last week, but I am slowly managing to counteract the rage I feel at idiots scratching my car, mostly due to the number of scratches and dings I have.  When I get it repainted, that will change.

Today I was filling the tank and I noticed that my antenna was gone.  That's it, just an antenna.  Why the hell someone would steal my antenna escapes me, unless they were trying to replace theirs after some one else stole it.  Even so, it's a colossal pissoff for me.  I know it's not a big thing, but that's part of the problem.  If they had the decency to smash a window or steal the whole car, I could get something out of it. 

$30 for a new antenna.  Not a real big expense, but it's the principle.  The car's worth about $5,000 now, but to me it'll always be worth the $20,000+ we paid for the thing.

Inconsiderate buggers.  If I ever catch them, I'm going to wrap the antenna around their necks and kick their teeth in.

>:(

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline WhichDawg

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Senseless
Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 10:03:31 PM
don't you have a mercedes in storage, under a  cover? I'm sorry to hear that boss, it would tick me off too!

us Offline Viking

• J-sews Fan Club-- Member #0001
Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 11:28:36 PM
Yeah, that does suck.  That's $30 you could have spent towards a new multitool.

Some people think they are cool when the vandalize stuff.  I'll never understand that.

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 11:47:54 PM
It's the the utter pointlessness to it that allways get's me, I always think of a couple of beavis and butthead types doing it, and bragging to each other about being such mindless arseholes >:(

If you need someone to hold them down while you kick there teeth in, let me know ;)
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

Offline cryptrick

Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 11:51:32 PM
It's the the utter pointlessness to it that allways get's me, I always think of a couple of beavis and butthead types doing it, and bragging to each other about being such mindless arseholes >:(

If you need someone to hold them down while you kick there teeth in, let me know ;)

We brits will just send our heavies round... they won't be doing it again for quite some time  ;) :P
[

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 11:52:20 PM

We brits will just send our heavies round... they won't be doing it again for quite some time  ;) :P
Can't we send the lighties, and save on postage :D
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 12:30:32 AM
I've had the same happen to me Def.  Although they actually broke it off rendering the thing useless so they didn't even gain anything out of it.  ::)
I'm back!!

us Offline Spoonrobot

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 12:36:06 AM
In Chicago, the homeless and derelict break off antennas to either smoke crack with or to sell to other crack users. Whenever we'd head into the city the last one out had to unscrew the antenna and toss it in the back seat.

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #8 on: December 20, 2007, 12:58:08 AM
How do you smoke crack (or anything) with an antenna? :think:

Anyways, my antenna retracts into the rear quarter 8)

My CD antenna is on with a heavy magnet, and they'd have to cut the coax cable to get it anyways, rendering it useless really.  I'm more worried of someone popping off one of my wheel caps that cover the lug nuts...it's a 9"-10" round peice of plastic with the Cadillac logo on it...that's worth about $20-$30 on ebay. ::)
[

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #9 on: December 20, 2007, 01:37:24 AM
would it be bad to replace your antenna with one that is razor sharp all up and down it! course you'd have to clean up blood all over your car...

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #10 on: December 20, 2007, 03:20:58 AM
A retractable one will be about $200 installed.  I already looked into that!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline Leatherman123

Reply #11 on: December 20, 2007, 03:32:17 AM
My Nana's boyfriend, he owns his own wrecker business. He has had about some 200 plus cars and trucks.. he said that when he used to go up to Lowell that people would try to steal stuff off his cars so he put razorblades under the bumper in the front because that is what whoever it was wanted to steal. Ge came out of the bar and the bumper was covered in blood!
B

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #12 on: December 20, 2007, 04:17:44 AM
I had a friend that did that with his stereo.  Thieves got cut to pieces when stealing the stereo and so took it out on the rest of the car, tearing up the rest of teh dash with a crowbar.

Some days it doesn't pay to make people pay.

I knew another guy who had one of those pager alarms that sent him a message whenever someone was messing with his car.  He beat the hell out of the guy who was trying to steal his car then got charged with assault.

Def

Offline Leatherman123

Reply #13 on: December 20, 2007, 04:19:20 AM
HAHA.. Def, I was meaning to ask you- what did you used to do when you used Wilma?/!
B

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #14 on: December 20, 2007, 04:25:23 AM
I worked in very violent and dangerous areas.  I was a security speSmurfpillst who specialized in hardcore or high risk security jobs and some places were bad places to introduce weapons into.  I also broke strike lines a few times.

Basically did things the Police unions won't let you do! :P

Def

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #15 on: December 20, 2007, 04:38:30 AM
I hate senseless vandalism.  I had a truck a while back that got smashed up pretty good along with 6 other cars in the neighborhood all in one night.  The people took a cinder block from my neighbors driveway and threw it through my winshield damaging the hood and the front fender along with the drivers side door.  I really felt bad for the elderly man up the street who just bought a (brand new at the time) ZX2 S-10 who awoke to find all his windows and lights broken out with a fencepost jammed through the windshield.  If you have ever seen the movie american history x, that is what I would like to do to them if I ever caught them(you know, the put your mouth on the curb scene.)   

Def, I feel your pain man, more than you could imagine.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #16 on: December 20, 2007, 04:58:21 AM
I agree- but I'd almost have preferred them really pounding on my car as it's insured against almost everything.  With my driving record it was only a few dollars a month difference between minimal and maximum coverage, so I went for the complete package.  Unfortunately there's a $500 deductible, which means basically any piddly little things like door dings, antenna theft and freelance stereo removal comes out of my pocket.

Those piddly little things can add up and break you just as bad as major repairs.

Def

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Reply #17 on: December 20, 2007, 06:30:34 AM
 Things like that used to be done as some kind of initiation.As aggravating as it is,count yourself reasonably lucky;here in my little corner of the world,stealing catalytic converters has become a big thing.
I

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #18 on: December 20, 2007, 06:33:59 AM
Things like that used to be done as some kind of initiation.As aggravating as it is,count yourself reasonably lucky;here in my little corner of the world,stealing catalytic converters has become a big thing.

I saw an article about kids stealing Catalytic converters a few days ago but forgot to read it... why are they taking them?
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: December 20, 2007, 06:43:56 AM
   Around here in the OH-KY_WV Tristate, catalytic converters are being stolen for the little bit of platinum,and a couple of metals  they contain to sell at re-cycling centers.I guess converters may have all of 2 dollars worth of platinum in them.
 Since these re-cycling centers opened nothing is safe,including cemetery urns that are made of bronze,as well utility lines.In the past year or so,at least 4 people have been electrocuted trying to steal copper from live power lines.

:oops:
I forgot to add that it's mostly done to get some easy money to buy drugs
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 06:52:22 AM by Bison56 »
I

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #20 on: December 20, 2007, 10:01:52 AM
If I ever catch them, I'm going to wrap the antenna around their necks and kick their teeth in.

Why do you say "easy" money? Getting electrocuted or disassembling cars seems like hard work!

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #21 on: December 20, 2007, 01:26:31 PM
It's been a while since I did any work on them but isn't a cat basically held on by a fancy hose clamp on either end?  It shouldn't be too hard to take off- the hard part would be getting under one of today's cars to get at it and finding a way to transport enough of them to be worthwhile, but also wouldn't get you caught.

We have a similar problem with tailgates up here.  Truck tailgates rust faster than any other component so they are in high demand- folks steal them constantly to make a few extra bucks on the sly from wreckers, who make significant cash off them, and since there's no way to trace a tailgate, it's almost impossible to get caught.  The wrecker just has to make certain the gate doesn't match the color of the truck whose owner he's selling it to.

Def

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
Reply #22 on: December 20, 2007, 02:46:13 PM
If I ever catch them, I'm going to wrap the antenna around their necks and kick their teeth in.

Why do you say "easy" money? Getting electrocuted or disassembling cars seems like hard work!
             Easy as opposed to putting in 8 hours a day doing honest work for wages.
I

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
Reply #23 on: December 20, 2007, 02:50:03 PM
Mostly it's the car dealerships that have been hit by cat thieves,but private individuals have had their cars hit by the "cat" burglars,and they apparently use a Sawzall.
I

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #24 on: December 20, 2007, 09:07:30 PM
I wonder how the police will draw a chalk outline under my car if someone trys to steal my cat. :)

In the northern Ohio valley copper theft is in the news every night.  They just busted a ring of copper thieves not long ago that stole some $75,000 in copper from a coal mine site.  They were stealing large amounts of rubber coated copper wires and burning off the rubber and taking it to the recycling center.  I hate recycling centers for just this reason.  When a guy comes in and offers to cash in large industrial copper stuff the owner of the center should be alarmed because they know damn well that they did not get it legally.

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #25 on: December 22, 2007, 04:26:10 PM
Sorry to here about your car Def  >:(  Theres no need for it .

Dunc

Offline jock1

• No Life Club
Reply #26 on: December 22, 2007, 07:34:10 PM
It's a real pisser when the brain dead get to your property.The favourite game up here seems to be kicking the wing mirrors off cars or jumping on them to break the windshield I would understand if somebody shot the ******ds

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #27 on: December 22, 2007, 08:10:26 PM
If they did something significant like smashing the windshield and tearing off the wing mirrors I could pay my $500 deductible and get the whole car repaired and painted.  At least then there would be some kind of benefit, but this piddly little crap is a major pain in the butt.

Why would auto manufacturer's include a tire iron with each car if they didn't mean for you to use it on some vandalizing punk?

Def

Offline jock1

• No Life Club
Reply #28 on: December 22, 2007, 08:14:06 PM
Remember to clean it with  cold running water to stop anything sticking then bleach it helps with the D.N.A

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #29 on: December 22, 2007, 08:19:03 PM
This is why I like the internet.  Years ago when I started having to hide bodies and destroy evidence we had to figure it out for ourselves.  Now, thanks to forums like this, people can get that kind of information in a timely manner and get in with their business.   :D

Def

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%