Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Pimp my tool?

us Offline LatinoHeat

• The man with the plan and the really nice tan.
Pimp my tool?
on: September 04, 2006, 03:05:21 AM
Hey guys.  Question for ya.  People customize guns and knives all the time.  Anyone know where I can get my multi tool customized, or if anyone even does that?  Other then engraving it, is there anything else that can be done?  Any examples?

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Pimp my tool?
Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 03:31:50 AM
Your local trophy or mall engraving shops can engrave your multi quickly and easily for you.  I don't currently have one that's engraved, but I engrave ALOX SAKs every now and then with no problems.
Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline Kapt Kopter

Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 04:07:27 AM
I would love to have say........the Charge in a jigged Bone Handle instead of the Titanium..........buts that just me...I like Stag and Bone Handles

Kap
I

us Offline LatinoHeat

• The man with the plan and the really nice tan.
Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 04:11:58 AM
I would love to have say........the Charge in a jigged Bone Handle instead of the Titanium..........buts that just me...I like Stag and Bone Handles

Kap

That's more like what I'm talking about.  Anyone out there ever SEEN a tricked out multi?

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 04:51:10 AM
Not yet.  There have been some custom makers try their hands at multis in the past- I remember seeing an Al Mar once with nice wood inlays, but that's abotu as close as I have seen it.
I have a few multi mods planned, but I need a few extra tools first.
Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 04:06:37 AM
Custom handles on a Charge seems like a cool idea! Just remove the original titanium and swap in the cocobolo. Hmmmm, nice. I'll have to think about that one a bit.

What ideas do you have Def?
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #6 on: September 16, 2006, 04:44:36 PM
That's more like what I'm talking about.  Anyone out there ever SEEN a tricked out multi?

I've got a couple that might qualify. Shelf queens though, all of them. This SOG ParaTool was "enhanced" by the famous David Yellowhorse. The result is certainly...........unique. Jigged and polished handles, turquoise and silver grips, all in a fancy walnut presentation box.
Yellowhorse SOG.jpg
* Yellowhorse SOG.jpg (Filesize: 72.86 KB)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #7 on: September 16, 2006, 04:46:57 PM
(Oops, forgot I was in the Leatherman Tools forum. Oh well.)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #8 on: September 16, 2006, 05:25:02 PM
Sweeeeet SOG there!  Man, it is kind of a cross between the Willie Nelson model and the Liberace model!  ;D

Most of what I was considering was skeletonizing handles and liners to reduce weight, maybe some cutouts with wood inlay and that kind of thing.  Also, I am not a huge fan of clip point blades, especially not on multitools (since I rarely stab anything with a multi or get into fights I really don't want the extended, lighter tip) so I had considered grinding some down into other point styles.
Tanto Wave anyone? :P
Def

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #9 on: September 21, 2006, 03:39:10 AM
Custom handles on a Charge seems like a cool idea! Just remove the original titanium and swap in the cocobolo. Hmmmm, nice. I'll have to think about that one a bit.

Whaddya think?
Cocobolo Charge.jpg
* Cocobolo Charge.jpg (Filesize: 39.53 KB)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 03:40:43 AM by J-sews »

us Offline CacherX4

Reply #10 on: November 05, 2006, 12:14:33 AM

Whaddya think?
Playing with the wifes graphic software again are ya :)  Neat looking though.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #11 on: November 05, 2006, 12:21:10 AM
Hey, I forgot about that one! Yah, I think that was my first try with the fancy graphics.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%