Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Show us your wallet(s)

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Re: Show us your wallet(s)
Reply #30 on: November 12, 2015, 09:28:22 AM
This thread is about walets, but i just wanted to say I like your shoes!
Whenever I need to wear dressier shoes, I wear Brogues/wingtips. I have a pair in black to go with a suit and a pair in brown for dressy/non evening occasions.

pt Offline Ricardomfs

Reply #31 on: November 12, 2015, 10:40:08 PM
Simple and minimalist that's what I like ok wallets, I have this Camel active coin and keys keeper, made it my wallet! I want a Saddleback but they are expensive in my opinion, try to get one second hand in good condition, for now, this is doing is job, quite good.
uploadfromtaptalk1447364398933.jpg
* uploadfromtaptalk1447364398933.jpg (Filesize: 30.79 KB)

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #32 on: November 12, 2015, 11:35:17 PM
I've been into maroon lately, so I just bought a maroon-ish wallet to match my maroon-ish boots and pants.... lol.

:D

I must say th cam doesn't do justice to its colour, though.

Wallets, your first true love  :D

IMG_9499.jpg
* IMG_9499.jpg (Filesize: 150.6 KB)
IMG_9500.jpg
* IMG_9500.jpg (Filesize: 119.27 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

bg Offline N_N_R

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #33 on: November 13, 2015, 07:07:07 AM
@Aloha,

Yeah, wallets are indeed my first true love that initiated me in the world of EDC and later MTO :D I love looking at people's wallets.. lol

Wenger :tu:

@Ricard,

Yeah, they're expensive, but worth it. The one I showed is around the same price range, but I'm not sure it's that durable. As for SBL, I'm happy I bought their wallets two years or so ago. Now the smallest walelts are already $6 more expensive and with the new USD rates, it'd have been even greater insanity for me to buy them.

@lowtech,

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #34 on: November 13, 2015, 02:58:09 PM
The current situation and the wallets that I use as ... wallets :D

The trifold's supposed to look bright red, the bifold's maroon. The small ones are SBL CC in Tobacco and the ID in chestnut.

I also have the CC one in dark coffee brown, but I use it as the cover of an improvised small notebook, so it just sits in my handbag. I also have a Maxpedition Urban, but use it as a case for my camera.

pt Offline Ricardomfs

Reply #35 on: November 13, 2015, 07:46:21 PM

The trifold's supposed to look bright red, the bifold's maroon. The small ones are SBL CC in Tobacco and the ID in chestnut.

I also have the CC one in dark coffee brown, but I use it as the cover of an improvised small notebook, so it just sits in my handbag. I also have a Maxpedition Urban, but use it as a case for my camera.

Wow that SBL the CC that's exactly what I want, sweet, good looking package you have there, very good taste :)

Do you know who sells SBL in Europe, at a good price? Because shipping from US can be quite expensive...

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Reply #36 on: November 13, 2015, 07:49:09 PM
Been using this Maxpedition Micro for some time now;

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #37 on: November 13, 2015, 08:37:00 PM

Wow that SBL the CC that's exactly what I want, sweet, good looking package you have there, very good taste :)

Do you know who sells SBL in Europe, at a good price? Because shipping from US can be quite expensive...

I bought them from amazon :) I'm not sure how much the shipping was back then and how much now, but the prices of the small wallets have gone up. Shipping from SBL site is insane, the price of the wallet itself.

I had the Maxpedition Mirco before, too, another one of my favourites!

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #38 on: November 15, 2015, 05:40:08 AM
Bit of necro here...

Mine is a Levenger Pocket Briefcase, like here, but I got mine unused on ebay.

Whats inside... Cash. Emergency cash in a different pocket. A couple checks. Range, gym membership cards, medical and car insurance cards, license, debit card. A sterilized copy of last years w-2, copy of my voter registration form (only official document with my home ID on it). Work ID. Some quarters. 3x5 spiral bound notebook, several 3x5 index cards in various colors and various reference cards (address book, monthly calenders for the next three months, 2015 yearly calender, boy scout knot card copy), and a couple of 9x5 pieces of tri-folded 1/5" grid engineer's paper for larger needs. Spare pen with stylus cap (thinking of replacing it with with a slim multipen IF I can find one I like- metal body, needs red, black and an auto pencil). If I'm traveling, depending on where I'm going, my passport and/or certain permits.

They named it right, it is a briefcase. With that and my phone and the stuff in my pockets and EDC pack, I can get very nomadic very fast.
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
Reply #39 on: November 21, 2015, 11:27:12 PM
I've been into maroon lately, so I just bought a maroon-ish wallet to match my maroon-ish boots and pants.... lol.

:D

I must say th cam doesn't do justice to its colour, though.

In the pics I would describe that as crimson - which is fine by me because it's my favorite color ;) Love those shoes!

Nothing fancy for me, I am a duct-tape guy myself. Currently running a traditional "duct-tape grey" bi-fold wallet with 8 card slots and the obligatory cash sleeve.

I really like the look of those Maxpedition wallets, but they are all either too big or too small. If they ever come out with a "Goldilocks" wallet I may have to snap it up  :tu:
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #40 on: November 22, 2015, 08:08:28 AM
Some people are duct-tape masters! :salute: :D

The camera doesn't show the colors right, it's darker than crimson live :D

As for the Maxpedition wallets, my opinion is the same. But have you tried the Urban? It can stretch to accommodate lots of stuff and yet when it's emptier, it's not much thicker than their smallest one, the Micro.

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #41 on: November 24, 2015, 03:12:44 PM

pt Offline Ricardomfs

Reply #42 on: November 24, 2015, 03:54:10 PM
Oww, just beautifull N_N_R... Just love the old and used look on the leather!

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #43 on: November 24, 2015, 03:56:48 PM
Me too :D To be honest, I helped it a little by using some Oriflame protecting balm on it :facepalm: This darkened it nicely. I'd washed it several times before, so it had faded out a bit. In reality it's now darker than it is in this picture.

us Offline mrynnr

• SAK Addict
  • No Life Club
Reply #44 on: February 22, 2016, 09:38:18 PM
N_N_R keeps making me spend money :facepalm: Here's my new wallet, a Saddleback small bifold

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #45 on: February 22, 2016, 09:52:13 PM
N_N_R keeps making me spend money :facepalm: Here's my new wallet, a Saddleback small bifold

Yeah she made me buy mine too, :P but I must say idk how many years ago I got them and there still not even broke in :think: or maybe because there's never cash in it and don't have to open it? But the front pocket i.d. Card carrier is the same way too, so a very good investment!
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline mrynnr

• SAK Addict
  • No Life Club
Reply #46 on: February 22, 2016, 10:01:37 PM
@MadPlumbarian I also read you have the medium bifold? How are you liking it? I thought about getting the id one but I like the idea of rfid plus I like my cash being in a separate place from my cards.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #47 on: February 22, 2016, 10:29:55 PM
@MadPlumbarian I also read you have the medium bifold? How are you liking it? I thought about getting the id one but I like the idea of rfid plus I like my cash being in a separate place from my cards.
Idk, Here's what I have, I bought them back in, it says 2/2013, and their still like new. I love them, especially the I.d. One..
JR

As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline mrynnr

• SAK Addict
  • No Life Club
Reply #48 on: February 22, 2016, 10:30:51 PM

Idk, Here's what I have, I bought them back in, it says 2/2013, and their still like new. I love them, especially the I.d. One..
JR

(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)
both coffee brown?

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #49 on: February 22, 2016, 10:33:13 PM

JR

both coffee brown?
I think so,
JR

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #50 on: February 22, 2016, 10:42:29 PM

JR

both coffee brown?
I think so,
JR
After looking at there page I think their chestnut, but I think their great like I said that wallet is still stiff and is no where near broken in, and that's after 3yrs.
JR

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #51 on: February 23, 2016, 07:33:20 AM
Awesome, mrynnr!! Take more pictures of it now before it's changed colour :D :D :D

Now that you know how one of the bigger wallets feels and looks, get a smaller one :P

Jus,

IIIIII made you buy a SBL ?! LOL :ahhh

us Offline neillcurrie

• Wanted: SpydeWrench
Reply #52 on: February 23, 2016, 05:42:42 PM
Nothing fancy for me, I am a duct-tape guy myself. Currently running a traditional "duct-tape grey" bi-fold wallet with 8 card slots and the obligatory cash sleeve.

I really like the look of those Maxpedition wallets, but they are all either too big or too small. If they ever come out with a "Goldilocks" wallet I may have to snap it up  :tu:
[/quote]

If you're into Duct-tape, but find the seams off-putting, our local fabric store (Jo-Ann Fabrics) sells 9x11 sheets of Duct-tape in a very wide variety of colors and patterns. A couple of bucks a sheet, even have various camo and glitter sheets ;-)

I'm a liker of Tyvek wallets myself. Large sheets of the stuff can be bought off Amazon/Ebay, in various thicknesses even.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 05:44:24 PM by neillcurrie »

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #53 on: March 03, 2016, 02:35:50 PM
@mrynnr

How's the new wallet? Has it started changing colour yet?

us Offline mrynnr

• SAK Addict
  • No Life Club
Reply #54 on: March 04, 2016, 10:48:27 PM
Here's my new wallet...

The bifold went to the other half...

us Offline mrynnr

• SAK Addict
  • No Life Club
Reply #55 on: March 15, 2016, 06:13:42 PM
Bump... I want to see more wallets :)

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #56 on: March 15, 2016, 06:28:07 PM
I need to get one of the Saddleback wallets.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #57 on: March 15, 2016, 09:58:48 PM
Mine hasn't changed.  I always think I want a new one but I tend to keep mine for 15-20 years.  My last one is still in good shape but since I got the wenger wallet I've given it a break. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #58 on: March 15, 2016, 10:25:45 PM
I have been in a leather buying mode lately. Bought my Redwing boots a while back. Then the Redwing belt. Then the (awesome) English Bridal leather belt. I'm just in my quality leather phase and I have been needing a new wallet for years. Makes sense right?   :think:
I'm the milk man!

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
Reply #59 on: March 15, 2016, 10:41:53 PM
Mine is just a Marlboro branded bi-fold wallet.  It is in great shape cause I don't carry it.  I leave it in my desk/cabinet drawer.  I just carry my ID, couple of card (debit and credit) and some cash (sometimes, LOL) in my front pocket.
Marlboro_wallet.jpg
* Marlboro_wallet.jpg (Filesize: 401.07 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $279.86
PayPal Fees: $14.66
Net Balance: $265.20
Below Goal: $34.80
Site Currency: USD
88%