Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Show us your wallet(s)

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Show us your wallet(s)
Reply #60 on: March 15, 2016, 10:47:07 PM
I have been in a leather buying mode lately. Bought my Redwing boots a while back. Then the Redwing belt. Then the (awesome) English Bridal leather belt. I'm just in my quality leather phase and I have been needing a new wallet for years. Makes sense right?   :think:

Makes perfect sense.  There great thing is you will have these times long way down the road..  Quality made items are cheaper in the long run and life of that particular item.    You will have the higher quality item far longer so priced per year then it looks a lot different. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #61 on: March 15, 2016, 11:07:54 PM
I have been in a leather buying mode lately. Bought my Redwing boots a while back. Then the Redwing belt. Then the (awesome) English Bridal leather belt. I'm just in my quality leather phase and I have been needing a new wallet for years. Makes sense right?   :think:

Makes perfect sense.  There great thing is you will have these times long way down the road..  Quality made items are cheaper in the long run and life of that particular item.    You will have the higher quality item far longer so priced per year then it looks a lot different.

My thoughts exactly.

The Saddlebacks have a 100 year guarantee! Somehow that sounds better than lifetime.  :think:

I probably will not be buying one soon though.
I'm the milk man!

bg Offline N_N_R

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #62 on: March 16, 2016, 07:39:01 AM
Captain,

The SBL ones are awesome :D :D I especially love the small ones. I'm currently carrying the CC in dark coffee brown. Currently 11 bills and 4 cards in it.

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #63 on: March 16, 2016, 10:03:52 PM
Captain,

The SBL ones are awesome :D :D I especially love the small ones. I'm currently carrying the CC in dark coffee brown. Currently 11 bills and 4 cards in it.

I was looking at the tri fold or larger bi fold. I need a bit more capacity.
I'm the milk man!

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #64 on: March 17, 2016, 07:32:55 AM
You and mrynnr are awful :rant: I try to get you to buy smaller wallets, you go for the large ones. SIGH. :D :D :D :D

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #65 on: March 17, 2016, 12:31:01 PM
Nothing fancy for me, I am a duct-tape guy myself. Currently running a traditional "duct-tape grey" bi-fold wallet with 8 card slots and the obligatory cash sleeve.

I really like the look of those Maxpedition wallets, but they are all either too big or too small. If they ever come out with a "Goldilocks" wallet I may have to snap it up  :tu:

If you're into Duct-tape, but find the seams off-putting, our local fabric store (Jo-Ann Fabrics) sells 9x11 sheets of Duct-tape in a very wide variety of colors and patterns. A couple of bucks a sheet, even have various camo and glitter sheets ;-)

I'm a liker of Tyvek wallets myself. Large sheets of the stuff can be bought off Amazon/Ebay, in various thicknesses even.
[/quote]
Love this wallet!

That's us mobile

Nate

SEND IT!

de Offline Sweety-Sama

• No Life Club
  • First and Only
Reply #66 on: March 17, 2016, 01:04:33 PM
That's my new wallet:

My old one started to fall apart, so I used for some time an old wallet of RT (I couldn't find my old ones). Two weeks ago RT found one that would go well with my needs. Lots of slots for my cards.

Our local supermarket is having a payback sticker collection thingy, were you can get bags and wallets and such for lower prices. Even if the wallets have "Bugatti" on it, neither the men nor the women wallet are any good.
Btw, why do the woman wallets have to be the size of a small bag? That's ridiculous!

-----------------------------
Using a future communicator stolen from the NCC-1701

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #67 on: March 21, 2016, 03:31:49 AM
I really, really should not of, but I ordered the Saddleback Trifold.  :facepalm: I just realized I had to buy birthday presents for two members of my immediate family (damn) and I came out not spending as much as I expected so the wallet went in with the order. At least I will probably never have to buy another wallet again so in the long run i'm saving money.  :D Now I am very broke, but you only live once so screw it.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #68 on: March 21, 2016, 04:44:28 AM
I really, really should not of, but I ordered the Saddleback Trifold.  :facepalm: I just realized I had to buy birthday presents for two members of my immediate family (damn) and I came out not spending as much as I expected so the wallet went in with the order. At least I will probably never have to buy another wallet again so in the long run i'm saving money.  :D Now I am very broke, but you only live once so screw it.
It's not the amount you spend but the thought, right? :whistle: hope you enjoy the trifold, I have the bifold and it's like two years old and is still like new..
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #69 on: March 21, 2016, 07:50:53 AM

Cool :D :D I'm also very broke right now, but still bought those coins yesterday  :facepalm:
Well. Living on rice & beans is at least healthy :D :D :D

us Offline mrynnr

• SAK Addict
  • No Life Club
Reply #70 on: March 21, 2016, 11:18:15 AM

sweet! I have the wrap wallet and really really like it. Pics and maybe a review?? :)

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #71 on: March 21, 2016, 12:27:54 PM
I've been using this Kangeroo Poo wallet for a while. It's nice and compact and zips up so it's very safe:

It opens up to this:

« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 12:30:07 PM by magentus »
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #72 on: March 21, 2016, 02:46:21 PM
It's not the amount you spend but the thought, right? :whistle: hope you enjoy the trifold, I have the bifold and it's like two years old and is still like new..
JR

Well one of the people I am getting a present for is getting a Saddleback as well.

That is unless I love both and keep them all to myself.  >:D
I'm the milk man!

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #73 on: March 21, 2016, 02:47:17 PM

Cool :D :D I'm also very broke right now, but still bought those coins yesterday  :facepalm:
Well. Living on rice & beans is at least healthy :D :D :D

Very true.  :D
I'm the milk man!

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #74 on: March 21, 2016, 02:48:06 PM

sweet! I have the wrap wallet and really really like it. Pics and maybe a review?? :)

Once I receive it I will be doing both.  :tu:
I'm the milk man!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #75 on: March 21, 2016, 03:37:25 PM
JR

Well one of the people I am getting a present for is getting a Saddleback as well.

Lol :rofl: normally thats like called safe play, but you kinda got it backwards, it should be buy it to check it out then if you don't like it then it goes to someone as a gift. Not buy it as a gift check it out then keep it.. lol
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

ua Offline in_sympathy

• No Life Club
Reply #76 on: March 21, 2016, 10:37:48 PM
Some #%{ stole my wallet today which was way cooler handmade one, so now I use this

------------
Dream. Wish. Leave nothing undone. Repeat.
Dream. Wish. Leave nothing undone. Repeat.

us Offline powernoodle

Reply #77 on: March 21, 2016, 11:17:17 PM
Big Skinny Card Holder.  http://www.bigskinny.net/card-holder.html

Its the smallest, thinnest wallet I can find that still carries a bunch of cards.  I got into Big Skinny to help reduce back pain.  I've been using this one maybe 5 years, and though the material is super thin nylon, it has held up well.  Of course, my luscious posterior may have something to do with that.

us Offline mrynnr

• SAK Addict
  • No Life Club
Reply #78 on: March 21, 2016, 11:42:17 PM

JR

what are the other goodies?

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #79 on: March 26, 2016, 07:07:43 AM
Looks like I will be returning the Saddleback Trifold.  :(

Ughhhh........   :bnghd:
I'm the milk man!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #80 on: March 26, 2016, 03:45:43 PM
Looks like I will be returning the Saddleback Trifold.  :(

Ughhhh........   :bnghd:
:-\ why?
JR

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #81 on: March 26, 2016, 04:23:08 PM
Why??

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #82 on: March 26, 2016, 05:37:09 PM
Its to much to large in all dimensions and very uncomfortable. Plus I can barely fit anything in it. It also is folded in a way that one side that holds card bends the cards about 1/4 up the cards which would destroy them over time. I want the small bifold, but it does not offer enough capacity.  :think:  :cry:
I'm the milk man!

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #83 on: March 26, 2016, 06:04:28 PM
At the same time as the tri-fold I bought a buisness card/credit card holder as a gift. I really, really like it. Much to little capacity for my needs, but I can see using it so I may have to get myself one of those...... or keep this one.  :angel:

http://www.saddlebackleather.com/credit-business-card-wallet
I'm the milk man!

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #84 on: March 26, 2016, 06:05:23 PM
Does anyone have the credit card holder and the bi-fold for comparison pictures?
I'm the milk man!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #85 on: March 26, 2016, 06:07:59 PM
Its to much to large in all dimensions and very uncomfortable. Plus I can barely fit anything in it. It also is folded in a way that one side that holds card bends the cards about 1/4 up the cards which would destroy them over time. I want the small bifold, but it does not offer enough capacity.  :think:  :cry:
Then go med bifold, I love mine.
JR

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #86 on: March 26, 2016, 06:10:44 PM
Well, yes, the trifold is huge. I disliked it the first time I saw it because, indeed, they use wayyyyy toooo much leather for the very little capacity it offers. It's leather over leather over leather and a card or two in between.

I don't know what so much you need to carry, but my favourites have been the Credit Card ones and I haven't had a better wallet ever. The ID one does offer more capacity than the CC ones (I have one ID and two CCs).

I don't have the Bi-fold, but given their sizes overall, I'd imagine that the if you put the CC and the Bi-fold next to each other (the CC one lying on its short one and the Bif-old lying on it's long side), they'd be equal in height with the Bi-fold being twice wider/longer than the CC one.

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #87 on: March 26, 2016, 06:12:10 PM
In my ID one I currently have 4 cards in the card slots and 24 bills  in the middle "big" pocket.

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #88 on: March 26, 2016, 06:14:36 PM
In my ID one I currently have 4 cards in the card slots and 24 bills  in the middle "big" pocket.

I may have to look into he ID holder.  :think:

Thanks.  :tu:
I'm the milk man!

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #89 on: March 26, 2016, 06:15:58 PM
Well, yes, the trifold is huge. I disliked it the first time I saw it because, indeed, they use wayyyyy toooo much leather for the very little capacity it offers. It's leather over leather over leather and a card or two in between.

I don't know what so much you need to carry, but my favourites have been the Credit Card ones and I haven't had a better wallet ever. The ID one does offer more capacity than the CC ones (I have one ID and two CCs).

I don't have the Bi-fold, but given their sizes overall, I'd imagine that the if you put the CC and the Bi-fold next to each other (the CC one lying on its short one and the Bif-old lying on it's long side), they'd be equal in height with the Bi-fold being twice wider/longer than the CC one.

I don't even carry that much, but the Saddlebacks just do not offer much real estate for cards. I have probably 8 cards and 8 paper (buisness cards), plus my cash. That's it.
I'm the milk man!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $279.86
PayPal Fees: $14.66
Net Balance: $265.20
Below Goal: $34.80
Site Currency: USD