Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Multitool self defence

Dunc · 14 · 3906

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Multitool self defence
on: November 04, 2006, 10:30:25 AM
While im not into self defence with knives ( Also illegal in the UK ) and only see them as tools and not weapons this article by Don Rearic is a great read and also includes my favourite multitool  :) So if you havnt already seen it enjoy
http://www.donrearic.com/fightingmultitool.html

Dunc

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Multitool self defence
Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 11:42:25 AM
That is an excellent article, and I have been working on something very similar.  I agree with much of what he says but I also disagree with some.  I am just getting ready for work now but I will go into my thoughts on it later on when I get back.

Definitely worth reading for everyone though.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 04:34:53 AM
I still think that the PowerLock is better for personal defense since the compound leverage makes for much more effective purple nurples.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline colubrid

Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 09:08:23 PM
Ya, the gears on the SOG would definetly make a bloody mess out of an attacker.

I would choose this one for self defence because what good is a blade if you cannot access it in time.

EX:
You walking down the street and a couple drunks decide to roll you for some cash. What are you gonna do? ..."ahhh, wait a minute sirs while i open my mutlitool and dazzle you with what it can do" ....

Just reach for the SOG Powerlock and wale away.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 02:17:55 AM
 :laugh:
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline Travis Autry

Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 04:38:42 AM
Interesting idea.  Fortunately, I've never needed to try using my SwissTool in the manner described.  I sincerely hope I never do.

Although, I am certain the tool could be used to deliver a wicked nipple wrench maneuver. :o

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #6 on: November 08, 2006, 04:47:19 AM
Interesting idea.  Fortunately, I've never needed to try using my SwissTool in the manner described.  I sincerely hope I never do.

Although, I am certain the tool could be used to deliver a wicked nipple wrench maneuver. :o

:P Ugh! and I had just finally gotten that image out of my head:  http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,83.180.html
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #7 on: November 08, 2006, 11:34:41 AM

Funny, I would have thought that would be a perfect opportunity for one of your EDC Snakes!

Def

Offline damota

Reply #8 on: November 08, 2006, 06:03:39 PM

EX:
You walking down the street and a couple drunks decide to roll you for some cash. What are you gonna do? ..."ahhh, wait a minute sirs while i open my mutlitool and dazzle you with what it can do" ....

I think a handful of the Gerber Freehand with or without the plier head flicked out would be just as persuasive.  ;)
The sound of a  Gerber being flicked open can be mistaken for an extending baton.

Dave

us Offline CacherX4

Reply #9 on: November 08, 2006, 09:08:40 PM
or they might think your tool fell apart  :o  just kidding...

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #10 on: November 08, 2006, 09:22:15 PM
I think the basic point is to use whatever you have handy, be it a knife, gun, multitool, stick, rock, whatever.  Just get home in one piece and let his next of kin worry about what happens to him.

Def

Offline colubrid

Reply #11 on: November 09, 2006, 03:53:08 PM
Amen to that Def.

Street confrontations are no joke. Get out of it any way you can. If running away or giving them what they want (your pride, money, car, whatever) does not work, then finishing them before they finish you is the only option.

I used to manage Nautilius clubs back in the 80's. I remember a quote from the billionare Aurthur Jones who invented Nautilus machines. He was a genius who had many business and interests.  He was asked one time by a reporter why he always carries a gun... His reponse was.. "because when you need one, you need it BAD".

us Offline Fred

• I'm the one they call Dr FeelGood
Reply #12 on: November 13, 2006, 04:47:39 PM
give the bugger what he wants, but make sure ou get a good look at him so you can ID him later.And if you get the chance to hammer him, drive him six feet under and don't stop
Yabba dabba doo!

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: November 27, 2006, 07:00:18 PM
I have exercised a bit with mine , mainly using it as a reaction side fist load . Not my first choice , but i will defend me and mine with any means at my disposal .

Chris

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD