Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Canadian Postage

us Offline BlueDot

Canadian Postage
on: September 23, 2011, 02:33:39 AM

I have some Canadian stamps I can give to someone up north who still writes letters.

~40 stamps, mostly .17 & .35, PM and they're yours.
GEDC0676.JPG
* GEDC0676.JPG (Filesize: 102.2 KB)
There are just 10 types of people in the world:  those who understand binary number systems, and those who don't

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Re: Canadian Postage
Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 04:40:22 AM
Those stamps go back to the 80s. More of a collector item then a user.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline BlueDot

Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 02:44:26 AM

Any collectors interested?

They're 1 week from the dust bin.

;)
There are just 10 types of people in the world:  those who understand binary number systems, and those who don't

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 03:58:26 PM
It would be a shame to throw those away. You don't have anyone local who would want them? That could be a great way to get a youngster into collecting stamps.

us Offline BlueDot

Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 02:35:51 AM

I tried to interest my nephew, but he's 16 and can't see the logic of sitting for 10 minutes w/out twiddling thumbs on some game.

PM your address and maybe someone in your classes can use them.  These are part of a larger collection my Dad had.  When he passed away none of the kids wanted them, so I made a small 'commemorative set' for myself.  My sister took 2 of the books, the rest are up for donations.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #5 on: October 01, 2011, 12:34:24 PM
That is a shame. Stamp collecting is one of the most educational things one can do, especially for International countries, as you get a grounds eye view of different cultures, etc.

Ok, I will PM my address.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 08:55:15 PM
We had a similar problem when my grandfather died in the late 90's.  He had been collecting stamps since he was in the Boy's Brigade in the early 1900's.  While he was in Scotland and England his whole life, our family is quite widespread and so he had stamps from virtually every corner of the world, spanning just over eighty years.  It was his passion in life, and there were giant binders full of stamps representing his life's work.  Tragically no one else in the family ever picked up the stamp collecting bug and so there was nothing else to be done with the collection.  My mother took a few binders and I think my uncle has the rest, mostly as a keepsake rather than any actual interest in the collection itself.

It's sad to see these kinds of things happen.  To this day when I do a trade with someone in a different country, my first thought is "Got to save the stamps!"  It's always followed by a bit of sadness that there's no one left to save the stamps for.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $149.46
PayPal Fees: $8.74
Net Balance: $140.72
Below Goal: $159.28
Site Currency: USD
47%