Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

I'm a Suspension Clip Convert

us Offline theonew

• No Life Club
I'm a Suspension Clip Convert
on: October 02, 2011, 09:09:40 PM
Well after carrying my Crunch in various pockets during a photo shoot last week it became apparent to me that I was going to need a new carry method for this tool. Since I'm not a sheath kind of guy I started looking at various clip options. The NiteIze glue on clip didn't appear to be an option due to its width and after reading a few threads here about people struggling with the Kick clip addition, I started to remember what I didn't like in general about pocket clips, they almost always make the knife or tool less comfortable to hold and use. Even though I don't usually have any problem carrying my OHT in a pocket, I had considered getting the NiteIze, but always abandoned the idea after seeing pictures and thinking how uncomfortable it must be to work with.

Having read some positive comments about the suspension clip from various folks here, it dawned on me that that is the ultimate solution, comfortable carry without altering the tools profile. As fate would have it this epiphany struck right when member Jekostas posted a for sale thread for his handmade Kydex clips. I ordered two 10mm ones from him on Thursday and amazingly even though they were coming from Canada they arrived on Saturday, not sure how you did that Jekostas.

Well after trying them on various tools, Crunch, XE6, Charge, I have to say this is the ultimate in comfortable carry. I tried the Charge with the pocket clip and then tried it with the suspension clip and will testify that having the tool hang in the pocket is much more comfortable than clipped to the top, especially when getting up or sitting down. I'm sold on this carry method now.

The clips I got from Jekostas clip easily on and off your pocket and seem like they are less likely to chew up the rim of the pocket. Though very light and thin they have plenty of strength for the task.

I'm still experimenting with different carry heights and plan on buying a few more and attaching these

to them with varying lengths of cord between. This way I can have a modular assortment of clips to get just the right length for whatever pocket the tool needs to ride in that day.

Thanks Jekostas for helping me see the light :salute:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD