Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

To all swisstool fans

Offline Tom Munch

• No Life Club
Re: To all swisstool fans
Reply #30 on: December 30, 2007, 07:47:08 PM
The dumb thing is that the handles aren't even fully open.  No one who's really used a multitool would make that mistake.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #31 on: December 30, 2007, 10:22:06 PM
The dumb thing is that the handles aren't even fully open.  No one who's really used a multitool would make that mistake.

Agreed!  >:(

They should have had me stand in as a stunt double... :)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

gb Offline Roadie

• No Life Club
  • Hello...is this thing on?
Reply #32 on: December 30, 2007, 11:30:31 PM

Unless its a SOG (or Paladin) , when do the handles become fully open on one of them!?!
Life is like a sandwich...the older it gets the crustier it becomes!

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #33 on: December 30, 2007, 11:42:43 PM
I think Tom is meaning the handles aren't all the way up against the "stops" on the plier head

In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

gb Offline Roadie

• No Life Club
  • Hello...is this thing on?
Reply #34 on: December 30, 2007, 11:45:19 PM
I think Tom is meaning the handles aren't all the way up against the "stops" on the plier head

I know, i was just noting that not all multi's have "stops" on them, so can't be opened "fully". Its weird that she didnt open them fully!
Life is like a sandwich...the older it gets the crustier it becomes!

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #35 on: December 30, 2007, 11:48:45 PM
This is a long shot, but the only reason I can think of to not open the handles fully is that it allows the needlenose tips to close on the cigarette butt without the handles pinching her fingers while using that goofy hold (hope that made sense)  :-\

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #36 on: December 30, 2007, 11:53:19 PM
I can pick up a BB with the handles in the open position...She's got no excuse!

[

Offline Tom Munch

• No Life Club
Reply #37 on: December 31, 2007, 01:28:17 AM
Maybe the Kick was brand new & a little stiff & she chose to only open it that far because it was difficult to open all the way.  Most likely some prop guy handed it to her like that & she just used it as she was told.

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #38 on: December 31, 2007, 10:29:02 PM
That rust on the handles must have been put on by the special effects department .. no hang on ... its     its    its a...LEATHERMAN

I gotta come to LM's defense here. I don't exactly baby my multi-tools and I've owned probably at LEAST a dozen LM's over the years and I've NEVER had one rust. And I live in the nice humid Ozarks too. Although I did own a Gerber and it started rusting within a week.  :pok:

Well as life seems to do at times, I must eat my words. I was dragging all my multi-tools out for a group pic and it seems that in the last year my LM mini-tool has developed a bit of surface rust. I keep my Mini-tool in my junk drawer. This is the 1st time I've ever seen a LM rust but I am man enough to admit it. Although, I would like to state though that my Mini-tool has the black oxide finish and is never used. So I can still boast that, with the exception of the black oxide LM's, I've never seen one rust. ;) But it may all be for moot anyway as I'm getting a Vic Spirit S soon.
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

Offline jock1

• No Life Club
Reply #39 on: December 31, 2007, 11:42:52 PM
I thought it was a Leatherman Blast (or one of the tools in that range) Didnt look like a swisstool to me...could be wrong though!
                         Too busy eyeballing Jennifer Garner to notice much of anything else? :D Can you really blame the man?

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%