Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

This is rediculous: E-bay add for Space Shuttle

us Offline bren10man

This is rediculous: E-bay add for Space Shuttle
on: October 04, 2011, 08:50:17 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Victorinox-Space-Shuttle-Swiss-Army-Knife-Limited-Rare-/140614970441?pt=Collectible_Knives&hash=item20bd4e2c49

Someone needs to enlighten me...I am NOT lightening my wallet for this.

Things I have noticed:

1. It is sold as brand new.  Where is the box? Why is it not shown?

2. Look at the tang stamping, post 2005.

3. The tools are all post 1992-ish.   

I know that they made some for Japan...me thinks they could not be that high there.  I know the Swiss like to lock in prices i.e. Victorinox and most especially Rolex.

I find this ad VERY fishy.......
MOLON LABE!

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Re: This is rediculous: E-bay add for Space Shuttle
Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 09:10:43 PM
I wanted to post this one as well, ridiculous!
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 01:16:26 AM
Ya no need to jump on this one.  This seller has been fishing for high prices on a few models lately.  Box or no box, it's just a simple case right now of over priced.  Hopefully people here know better, but the seller can try to get his price.

nz Offline KiwiMark

Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 03:28:30 AM
but the seller can try to get his price.

Not from me, that's for sure!
"Mr. Carl Elsener and his Victorinox brand of knives is the undisputed king of knives in the world today."

- Sal Glesser (Bladeforums - 8 Jan 2011)

us Offline bren10man

Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 06:21:57 PM
Even worse: a seller has 2 listings for two Apollo 11 Craftsman knives (like what Chako has).

- both have wear on the scales

- neither have a box

As of 5-6 hours before closing, they are going for $181 to $202 each.   :twak: 

I WAS seriously going to make a run for one of them.

Now, no thanks.
MOLON LABE!

us Offline bren10man

Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 06:26:25 PM
Ya no need to jump on this one.  This seller has been fishing for high prices on a few models lately.  Box or no box, it's just a simple case right now of over priced.  Hopefully people here know better, but the seller can try to get his price.

You are right.  This seller is smoking crack....check THIS out: First Mate, $224.  JEEZ!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Victorinox-First-Mate-Dated-00-Red-Alox-Swiss-Army-Knife-Vintage-Rare-/140615522907?pt=Collectible_Knives&hash=item20bd569a5b
MOLON LABE!

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 07:37:18 PM

You are right.  This seller is smoking crack....check THIS out: First Mate, $224.  JEEZ!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Victorinox-First-Mate-Dated-00-Red-Alox-Swiss-Army-Knife-Vintage-Rare-/140615522907?pt=Collectible_Knives&hash=item20bd569a5b

Actually that one might be almost worth it.  A few years a go it would have fetched that before the influx of these into the marketplace.  Much better deal than the shuttle in my opinion.

Now... his imitation stag 108mm hunter for $149.99 .... that's what I call crazy.  In the past few weeks he has had a few crazy things. 

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 07:42:31 PM
If he's actually managing to sell any of these SAKs at the money he's asking for, then it's the folks that are buying them that are nuts, not him. ;)
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 09:38:22 PM
If he's actually managing to sell any of these SAKs at the money he's asking for, then it's the folks that are buying them that are nuts, not him. ;)
My thought exactly..   :D

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #9 on: October 05, 2011, 11:29:46 PM
Even worse: a seller has 2 listings for two Apollo 11 Craftsman knives (like what Chako has).

- both have wear on the scales

- neither have a box

As of 5-6 hours before closing, they are going for $181 to $202 each.   :twak: 

I WAS seriously going to make a run for one of them.

Now, no thanks.

The first one went for $255 :ahhh
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

us Offline jazzbass

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: October 05, 2011, 11:50:49 PM

Wow. That's a lot of money for a used knife that shows up on eBay 4-5 times a year in NIB condition and sells for $150-$175.

br Offline edursr

Reply #11 on: October 06, 2011, 01:14:00 AM

Wow. That's a lot of money for a used knife that shows up on eBay 4-5 times a year in NIB condition and sells for $150-$175.
the second one went for $304  :ahhh

I was willing to pay up to $250...I think that I will need to wait a little more for this one...  :cry:

us Offline bren10man

Reply #12 on: October 06, 2011, 01:20:17 AM

Actually that one might be almost worth it.  A few years a go it would have fetched that before the influx of these into the marketplace.  Much better deal than the shuttle in my opinion.

Now... his imitation stag 108mm hunter for $149.99 .... that's what I call crazy.  In the past few weeks he has had a few crazy things.

Those First Mates I got for everybody in Korea, I cleaned out all 25+ the man had in his shop, over 3 or so months, for about $30 a piece.   I kept one.....sold the rest to Felinevet to get to you guys on here.  They went all over the world.   And at a fair price.  I think he has one I got out of Korea....box looks the same.   

Glad I did NOT bid on the Apollo 11's.   I got better things to do than blow $$$ on a knife that is different only  due to etching on the blade and scales.  Yes, historical.  But, jeez!!!!!  Esp. used.
MOLON LABE!

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: October 06, 2011, 01:23:20 AM
The Apollos were a different seller. 

My thought exactly..   :D

That's basically correct, the buyer has to be knowledgeable.  That's one reason we have these forums.  I know people probably think I'm batty for some of the prices I've paid. They don't seem to mind the useful information on SAKwiki though.  I've picked up gems for peanuts as well so hopefully it will all average out in the end.  Last week there we are few smoker deals on ebay, but they ended mid day when I could not participate.

us Offline bren10man

Reply #14 on: October 06, 2011, 01:39:27 AM
If not for this forum, and for the Swiss Wiki, I probably would have been ripped-off, etc.

I have been collectiong SAKs since I was 14, and lusted after them since I was 8.   Thank God for those two websites!!!!
MOLON LABE!

us Offline felinevet

• Banner Member
  • No Life Club
Reply #15 on: October 06, 2011, 04:35:44 AM
It is what makes Capitalism work - supply and demand. Why should someone sell something for $5. when he can get $10. for it and make the buyer happy?  :twak:
T

us Offline bren10man

Reply #16 on: October 07, 2011, 12:00:19 AM
Well, someone put a bid on it.....with 8 minutes to go, only 1 bid at starting price.

For $350, they can have it.
MOLON LABE!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44