Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Swiss+Tech Micro-Pro.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Swiss+Tech Micro-Pro.
on: October 06, 2011, 04:02:33 AM
I was browsing eBay when I spotted an old model that I was searching for some time. The Swiss+Tech Micro-Pro 9 in 1 is another of those piggy back style little key chain tools. Instead of an LED light, you get a USB flash drive.

Now the package states 2005, which explains why the USB flash drive is only 256 Mb in size.

Either way, this is a neat little tool combo that appears to be discontinued going by the lack of information on Swiss+Tech's web site.

You cannot tell with the following photograph, but there is a bright red Swiss cross which lights up when the USB flash drive is accessed.

On the reverse side, you can see the Micro-Pro wrapped around the docking post. You can remove the tool, or the USB drive and still leave the docking station attached to a belt or some other anchor point.

The metal tool offers:

- Pliers.
- Wire cutter.
- Wire stripper.
- sheet shears
- 1/4" Ruler (Handle ribs).
- #2 Phillips driver.
- #2 Flat driver.

I counted trice, and that only comes to 7 functions. Not sure how they get to 9. Even if you include the USB drive, that is only 8 functions. I am sure they are advertizing 9 functions total on the metal tool excluding the USB drive.  :think:

Overall, not a bad item to have. The USB flash drive is small by today's standards, but the stainless steel tool is timeless, and useful enough to have a place on the keychain.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline Sazabi

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Swiss+Tech Micro-Pro.
Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 02:21:05 PM
I didn't realize they used a rounded pliers head back then, too; I thought that was a newer change.  As for the USB drive, well, I still have a 64MB drive that I use from time to time; it works. :D

Neat (read strange) tool they came up with. :think:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD