Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Knew Knife Forum

Offline yellowhammer

Re: Knew Knife Forum
Reply #30 on: December 29, 2007, 02:43:12 PM
Benner, are you thinking of a friction folder, like this William Henry? http://www.heinnie.com/Knives/William-Henry/William-Henry-Legacy-Diamond-Coated/p-92-203-1906/

These are legal EDC as there is no lock to disengage to close it, but as you say your thumb holds it open.

On an unrelated note, just found this blacksmith knife in the Box O'fun. Forgot I had it :D It's made from an old file, very sharp and should show a hamon when I get round to etching it;

C

us Offline Viking

• J-sews Fan Club-- Member #0001
Reply #31 on: December 29, 2007, 09:42:55 PM
That's pretty cool, Yellowhammer!

us Offline Viking

• J-sews Fan Club-- Member #0001
Reply #32 on: December 29, 2007, 10:05:36 PM
Here are some knives that I've bought lately.

Benchmade Griptillians

Tom Brown Tracker

Bark River Mini-Skinner

00 Offline SgtTowser

Reply #33 on: May 29, 2021, 05:48:32 AM
Spyderco Resilience, meet your father, Spyderco Delica Clipit G2 Stainless Seki Japan.

I met him when I was very, very young and I was dazzled by his integral clip and half serrated edge. He and his G2 steel once seemed very exotic to me. Being from Seki, where the great Katanas were once made, he seemed very worldly. He swept me off my feet with that large thumbhole of his, and I purred from when I felt his smooth grip that fit my hand better than anything else before. And that thumb ramp of his, oh, don’t get me started. Yes, he is old now and I had not seen him, since at least 8 months before you were born. No, he never knew. Yes, he was conceived in Boulder, too, just like you were. How did he come home tonight? I saw him in a thrift store today. I looked down and there he was. He is no longer the knight in shining armor that he once was. At first he tried to act like he did not see me. I think he was a little ashamed that he had left me, and of what his life had come to all these years later. I think he just wanted to be left alone in the thrift store to gather dust, or be bought by a stranger that did not remind him of what he could have been, if he had just stayed with me a while longer. But when I told him he had a great big healthy strapping son with a bigger blade and real steel in his frame, but the very same kind of hole, and thumb ramp, well, he said, “Do you think you could forgive me long enough to take me home and meet him? You don’t even have to bring me in. You can just hold me up in the window, so I can see him once, just for a moment.” I said of course. A part of me still loves your father. When we got home, I held him up and he saw you laying on the dresser. And I said, “You really should meet him. He is a really great knife...he is a lot like you.”  And your father said, “But my blade hasn’t been cleaned in years and I’m pretty scratched up from an idiot that tried to sharpen my serrations with a metal file.” I said, “Nonsense, you still look great for your age. Besides he is not superficial. He is like you were—a practical knife without pretension. He doesn’t judge books by covers.” He sounds more like you, your father said to me. And so I brought him inside, so you could meet each other at long last. I will leave you two alone. I am sure you have many questions for each other. As I walked to the door I turned and said, you may stay as long as you like.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 05:58:47 AM by SgtTowser »

nz Online zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #34 on: May 29, 2021, 10:55:18 AM
Epic bumpage.

us Offline Adam5

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #35 on: May 29, 2021, 11:54:52 AM

I did enjoy reading your post   :tu: