Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Gerber Solstice

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Gerber Solstice
on: August 20, 2006, 01:23:44 PM
I just picked up a couple of these- they were on sale for half price, so I got two figuring I paid full price and got one free!  I just tried to look them up on the Gerber website to find more information and I see that they are no longer listed there.  A quick search of them elsewhere shows that they are

SORRY OBSOLETE - Please see Gerber Clutch or Gerber Shortcut as alternative

which strikes me as odd.  I don't think they have been around that long?  Kind of funny that it is listed as "obsolete" rather than discontinued though.  By saying "Obsolete" it implies that it isn't useful anymore, like a Vic 20! 

I'll be writing a review of it soon, as well as my full sized Gerber 600 multitool, and we'll see if they are merely discontinued or actually obsolete!
Def
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 01:25:38 PM by Defender »
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Gerber Solstice
Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 03:42:15 AM
I just picked up a couple of these- they were on sale for half price, so I got two figuring I paid full price and got one free!  I just tried to look them up on the Gerber website to find more information and I see that they are no longer listed there.  A quick search of them elsewhere shows that they are

SORRY OBSOLETE - Please see Gerber Clutch or Gerber Shortcut as alternative

which strikes me as odd.  I don't think they have been around that long?  Kind of funny that it is listed as "obsolete" rather than discontinued though.  By saying "Obsolete" it implies that it isn't useful anymore, like a Vic 20! 

I'll be writing a review of it soon, as well as my full sized Gerber 600 multitool, and we'll see if they are merely discontinued or actually obsolete!
Def

Omega race!  Great game.  Then again, all the old Commodore games were great.
- Terry

us Offline Fred

• I'm the one they call Dr FeelGood
Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 02:45:28 AM
Gerber makes some ok stuff.Decent enough, but nothing to write home about
Yabba dabba doo!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 12:09:43 PM
I got an e-mail from Gerber about this yesterday and they said that it is indeed discontinued and that I should check out either the Clutch or the CrossCut as replacements.
Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%